our puppy attacked by stray pitbull

So sorry to hear about your pet.
Hey, ppl, don't blame the police; Doofus already told you there's no law; therefore, how can the police enforce something that does not exist? A law or a city ordinance must be passed on this specific issue and THEN when something happens, the police will help because there's a new law.
Btw, what about the dog-catcher/Humane Society?

Luckysmile23 said:
i did watch the planet show about the animal cops the other day about pitbulls..java is right.. on the show i saw that they were talking about people who do this.. they would tie up a dog and have the mouth duct taped so the other pitbull would learn to bite and chew for however long time who knows. it get them aggressive and meaner..and would u believe they even used a raccoon in a cage..ugh.. pitbull chased it around and around.. poor raccoon being terrorized and trauamtized? damn stupid people who used and sell drugs and breed dogs for fights? they ought to make it a law.. NO FIGHTS..and make it a felony and where they will get prosecuted and go to prison for long time.

i am glad that rocky is improving more and is on the way to recovery! i can see the spirit in him.. he look cute and is so huggable.. make me wanna hug him! lol.. :)

do let us know what is going on with neighbors and the town meetings and etc.. I will keep ya, Rocky and your family in my prayers! :hug:

The sad thing is I think they steal the puppies too.

Tousi said:
Hey, ppl, don't blame the police; Doofus already told you there's no law; therefore, how can the police enforce something that does not exist? A law or a city ordinance must be passed on this specific issue and THEN when something happens, the police will help because there's a new law.

thats right.. dont blame the police.. but still.. police should take action because of pitbull..
the animal control lady never came back after she took the pitbull as she said she will come back with report.. I felt that i was untreated by them.. The neighbors felt that they dont want do anything because i am deaf.. but they supported my side, they made calls to them that they should come and cooperative and what next.. cuz i wanted press charge.. maybe the pointless to them that i press charge..
I left message on Humane Society twice since last sunday.. I emailed them today..
but I did went to cityhall and police dept.. to collect the informations.. its like straws to peel one by one to put together..

takes patient.. granted.. (shrugs)..

DoofusMama,

Don't give up.. Keep chin up and postive all the way until 1 pieces found BIG SOLUTION.. will come big sue'em..

Wishes you have great luck...

:ily:

Tousi said:

It looks like you misunderstood some of us here Tousi, like you did in the other thread....

What we meant was when will they do something about it meaning when will it become a law! Are they waiting until some pet get killed or a child before it becomes a law?... ;)..

DoofusMama said:
thats right.. dont blame the police.. but still.. police should take action because of pitbull..
the animal control lady never came back after she took the pitbull as she said she will come back with report.. I felt that i was untreated by them.. The neighbors felt that they dont want do anything because i am deaf.. but they supported my side, they made calls to them that they should come and cooperative and what next.. cuz i wanted press charge.. maybe the pointless to them that i press charge..
I left message on Humane Society twice since last sunday.. I emailed them today..
but I did went to cityhall and police dept.. to collect the informations.. its like straws to peel one by one to put together..

takes patient.. granted.. (shrugs)..

Actually the police can't do anything about it cause it out of their hands since there's no laws that tells them that they have a right to do something about that pitbull by putting it to sleep or whatever.....It has to be a law first in order for them to do anything about it really..... :(

I'm sorry sweetie! :hug:

Banjo said:
Actually, there's no scientific studies to show that the pit bulls are different from the other dog breeds when it come to their jaws. The locking jaw bit is a myth. In fact, some dog experts said that dogs of different breeds are perfectly capable of making a powerful bite. Pit bulls having the most powerful bites isn't a fact, but it's true that they are capable of making powerful bites. So can a German Shepherd, Mastiff, Golden Retriever (yes, they can) and more. Even a jack russell terrier can create a really powerful bite, this I can vouch for.

The problem with terriers (pit bull is also terrier) is that they tend to be aggressive toward other dogs but not human beings. That goes for any terrier breeds. Most pit bulls who are aggressive toward people were bred out of the breed.

Big difference.

Are u telling me the teachers who trained in this special for PO workers are wrong? Maybe if u live here and see it yourself then u know what I am talking about. Pit bull is number one strong dog next to is rotiweller. That is fact I learned from dog training course. Yes I have been attacked by other dogs but they would not tear my arm away in half as pit bull would do.

Yes I know about golden retrievers cuz I used to own them.

Anyway, we do have law here about them esp pit bull. They have to be in control place if not then they give owners tickets or take the dogs away from them. They are getting strict about this one kind of dog.

if police wont do anything if the pitbull have mauled one of doofusmama's child to death? what will they do? nothing?? i think thats HOGWASH!!!!

i SHOULD HOPE NOT! police should do something about it.. charge the owner for neglection of the pitbull and being loose and mauled a kid to death.. they better have passed a law on this.. or else someones kid will die and no action are taken.. thats kinda sad.. :(

That's because there's no law sweetie, there has to be a law in order for the police to do anything about it....I'm sorry but that's just how it goes... :(

dang that s bullsh*t!!!!! i do sincerely hope they will do something about it before too long the pitbull get loose again and mauled a child to death.. that would be horrible no mother would want to endure thru .... :( sighs..

^Angel^ said:
Actually the police can't do anything about it cause it out of their hands since there's no laws that tells them that they have a right to do something about that pitbull by putting it to sleep or whatever.....It has to be a law first in order for them to do anything about it really..... :(

Very True, :(

I can understand that the police cannot do anything due law...

Luckysmile:
if police wont do anything if the pitbull have mauled one of doofusmama's child to death? what will they do? nothing?? i think thats HOGWASH!!!!

i SHOULD HOPE NOT! police should do something about it.. charge the owner for neglection of the pitbull and being loose and mauled a kid to death.. they better have passed a law on this.. or else someones kid will die and no action are taken.. thats kinda sad..

Good Point :( - I still can't understand why the owner let pitbulls go out alone which she/he KNEW her/his pitbull harm anyone before... :( DO nothing? Sigh..

My prayer stay continue for you & Rocky, Doofmama... :hug:

DoofusMama said:
I feel so so SO voilated after I found out... that Minnesota law have NO bite/vigious law...

This morning around 10am, Rocky was on leash and doing his business in the backyard... I saw two stray dogs one is pitbull, one is coonhound/collie mix... i ran to close the gate and told kids get in the house but the pitbull already ran past the kids and went for Rocky... Attack him like hes a doll..
I tried to pull rope to get my dog.. but pit bull wont let go.. neighbors came and helped to break up ... My daughter called police.. police sound like do nothing with it.. just say will sent animal control.. 5 min later.. the animal control picked up the pitbull and said that pitbull isnt first time.. had been trouble before..... also said.. will hold the dog till the owner come get him.. I was like what?? if it did before.. why not put to sleep? hes dangerous after first bite... animal control said there is no law..

I am going to press charge.. Rocky is in hospital right now.. xray showed that arent any broken bones.. but tear muscle and possible lose nerve.. will see him later in the afternoon...

I dont know if i should take action.. go in police dept and COMPLAIN?

I am just overwhelmed.. thankful that pitbull didnt go after our kids.. (espically marshalee or allen..).. thankful that Rocky is alive but he wont be the same... will be scarred for his life.
Oh im so sorry this had to happen to your dog, doofusmama..but i noticed a key word....you said you went to close the gate...so apparently your gate was "open"..did you forget to close it before the dogs got in your backyard? If i was you, i would put the lock on the gate so it would stay LOCKED! just a suggestion. I would make sure your backyard is all fenced up and gated closed before letting your kids and pets out to play. I always put my dog on a leash when i take him outside since we dont have a fenced yard. We never let him run loose, even though we live out in the country.

I'm SO SORRY that you're dog got attacked!! I think it's absurd that there's no law against pit bull attacks. I don't know if any other Canadians have posted, but here in Ontario (where i'm from) there is a law, citing that any pitbull that attacks has to be destroyed. Anyone who owns a pitbull must have it registered...there's something going on about maybe stopping pitbull breeding as well.

People say that's in their 'nature' to attack, but i mean, most people know it has to do with how the people raise their dogs. Pitbulls used to be bread to fight in a pit, like bulls(bull ring...hence the term pitbull).

It's sad for any owners who own perfectly normal, loving pitbulls to have to deal with this law, but what's sad is that people have these dogs and use them as 'attack' dogs. It's unfortunated when innocent people and animals have to live with the repercussions of events like this b/c people thinks it's cool and funny to mistreat your animals. Now look what's happening...

You're dog is in my prayers!! I know how important and special pets are.

Right i forgot to mention something - here in Ontario anyway, i dont' know what it's like anywhere else, but if ANY dog attacks ANY BEING, be it human, or animal, it must be put down.

I was attacked by a goldren retreiver when i was 5 (yeah, they're friendly, again, it depends on how ppl raise their dogs) and i remember NOTHING (as far as i know, i was 5 and liked dogs so they may not have told me if they put him down or not) was done regarding the dog. My parents found out after the attack that it had previously attacked another child, though not as viciously as i was. It lunged right at me, grabbed me by my chest and took a big bite out of me (my left side where your ribs are to be exact) and to this day i have a massive scar from being shaken (he picked me up and shook me, like dogs do when they have a toy in their mouth)

So yeah, there's a law that dogs have to be destroyed if they attack anything. In this case it was twice...and it seemed like a fairly friendly dog....so yea,watch out!

Defee said:
Oh im so sorry this had to happen to your dog, doofusmama..but i noticed a key word....you said you went to close the gate...so apparently your gate was "open"..did you forget to close it before the dogs got in your backyard? If i was you, i would put the lock on the gate so it would stay LOCKED! just a suggestion. I would make sure your backyard is all fenced up and gated closed before letting your kids and pets out to play. I always put my dog on a leash when i take him outside since we dont have a fenced yard. We never let him run loose, even though we live out in the country.

well, our fences are not fully fenced.. we rent this house.. I already asked landlord to finish the end part.. he said he will but just bought this house last spring a month later we moved in.. the backyard end part shared other house backyard too.. they just sold their house, they took down old wood fence.. so it leave my landlord with no backend fence..

its front (not frontyard) fence between garage and house.. its like privacy.. it always open and my dog was tie to tree-post... the reason I ran to gate because to block the pitbull dog so give me time to collect my kids and puppy in the house.. but he still can go around the back end to get our puppy though..
it will not make no difference.. but therefore.. dogs on loose or unleash should be tied by leash..
and whats more we have large frontyard and driveway (that can up to 9 cars parked).. and its hard to make it habit to close that gate after telling kids many times.. but we dont use that gate though..

but if we have backyard end fenced, i would have gate close all the times.. to let our puppy unleash..

^Angel^ said:

How is what you said different than what I said? Sounds like the same thing with different words and what other thread?

Tousi said:
How is what you said different than what I said? Sounds like the same thing with different words and what other thread?

:confused: ... I'm lost on this one here....

For the post you quote on top is for someone else, and I wasn't speaking to you Tousi....

And for the post that I respond to you was related to the police ...Let me go back on this one here.....

Tousi said:
Hey, ppl, don't blame the police; Doofus already told you there's no law;

And this is what I respond to YOU

^Angel^ said:
What we meant was when will they do something about it meaning when will it become a law! Are they waiting until some pet get killed or a child before it becomes a law?... ..

I wasn't even blaming the police and didn't even say " police" on my post on page 2....I was talking about the City of MINN!...

^Angel^ said:
:confused: ... I'm lost on this one here....

For the post you quote on top is for someone else, and I wasn't speaking to you Tousi....

And for the post that I respond to you was related to the police ...Let me go back on this one here.....

And this is what I respond to YOU

I wasn't even blaming the police and didn't even say " police" on my post on page 2....I was talking about the City of MINN!...

Lol, Angel, now we got the right post quoted, thanks. Ummm, I didn't say YOU; it is obvious that I meant for those who mentioned the police as being at fault, erroneously, of course. There were so many who pointed to the police that I wasn't going to name them. You and I both had the same view but in different words and that is why I didn't understand your post plus you said "we" which I also don't understand because "we" is all of us and there are basically 2 opposing POV's. Anyway, it's water over the dam and not worth all this energy.
:ily:

DoofusMama said:
I feel so so SO voilated after I found out... that Minnesota law have NO bite/vigious law...

This morning around 10am, Rocky was on leash and doing his business in the backyard... I saw two stray dogs one is pitbull, one is coonhound/collie mix... i ran to close the gate and told kids get in the house but the pitbull already ran past the kids and went for Rocky... Attack him like hes a doll..
I tried to pull rope to get my dog.. but pit bull wont let go.. neighbors came and helped to break up ... My daughter called police.. police sound like do nothing with it.. just say will sent animal control.. 5 min later.. the animal control picked up the pitbull and said that pitbull isnt first time.. had been trouble before..... also said.. will hold the dog till the owner come get him.. I was like what?? if it did before.. why not put to sleep? hes dangerous after first bite... animal control said there is no law..

I am going to press charge.. Rocky is in hospital right now.. xray showed that arent any broken bones.. but tear muscle and possible lose nerve.. will see him later in the afternoon...

I dont know if i should take action.. go in police dept and COMPLAIN?

I am just overwhelmed.. thankful that pitbull didnt go after our kids.. (espically marshalee or allen..).. thankful that Rocky is alive but he wont be the same... will be scarred for his life.

Wow, That is pretty scared ! .Hmmm.. just wondering.. do u keep that pittbull dog after what happened? ?

ScubaladyTx said:
Wow, That is pretty scared ! .Hmmm.. just wondering.. do u keep that pittbull dog after what happened? ?

Ohhh I misunderstand what ur story about..

sorry !! What happend to their dogs ? ?? any news ? ?

Back