our puppy attacked by stray pitbull

wow interesting case... Keep news update...

I'm glad that you are sataisfy with those case... :hug:

Banjo said:
Actually, there's no scientific studies to show that the pit bulls are different from the other dog breeds when it come to their jaws. The locking jaw bit is a myth. In fact, some dog experts said that dogs of different breeds are perfectly capable of making a powerful bite. Pit bulls having the most powerful bites isn't a fact, but it's true that they are capable of making powerful bites. So can a German Shepherd, Mastiff, Golden Retriever (yes, they can) and more. Even a jack russell terrier can create a really powerful bite, this I can vouch for.

The problem with terriers (pit bull is also terrier) is that they tend to be aggressive toward other dogs but not human beings. That goes for any terrier breeds. Most pit bulls who are aggressive toward people were bred out of the breed.

Big difference.

You are right about this one. Glad to know that you are trying to educate others about this.

"Sorry, Banjo but I agree with Jazzy, Pit bulls and Rottweilers which they have the high cases that attacks humans and other pets. Even through any dogs can attack, if they are treat badly but most cases are pitbulls and Rottweilers. http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html"

How can they keep up with their stats if some bite reports go unreported? Do you know how many people often make a mistake when they try to identify a breed? I highly recommond this book called "Fatal Dog Attacks" by Karen Denise.

From this link http://www.fataldogattacks.com/

"THE BREED FACTOR
Many communities and cities believe that the solution to prevent severe and fatal dog attacks is to label, restrict or ban certain breeds of dogs as potentially dangerous. If the breed of dog was the primary or sole determining factor in a fatal dog attack, it would necessarily stand to reason that since there are literally millions of Rottweilers, Pit Bulls and German Shepherd Dogs in the United States, there would have to be countless more than an approximate 20 human fatalities per year.

Since only an infinitesimal number of any breed is implicated in a human fatality, it is not only unreasonable to characterize this as a specific breed behavior by which judge an entire population of dogs, it also does little to prevent fatal or severe dog attacks as the real causes and events that contribute to a fatal attack are masked by the issue of breed and not seriously addressed.

Pit Bulls in particular have been in a firestorm of bad publicity, and throughout the country Pit Bulls often bear the brunt of breed specific legislation. One severe or fatal attack can result in either restrictions or outright banning of this breed (and other breeds) in a community. While any severe or fatal attack on a person is tragic, there is often a tragic loss of perspective as to degree of dangerousness associated with this breed in reaction to a fatality. Virtually any breed of dog can be implicated in a human fatality.

From 1965 - 2001, there have been at least 36 different breeds/types of dog that have been involved in a fatal attack in the United States. (This number rises to at least 52 breeds/types when surveying fatal attacks worldwide). We are increasingly becoming a society that has less and less tolerance and understanding of natural canine behaviors. Breed specific behaviors that have been respected and selected for over the centuries are now often viewed as unnatural or dangerous. Dogs have throughout the centuries served as protectors and guardians of our property, possessions and families. Dogs have also been used for thousands of years to track, chase and hunt both large and small animals. These natural and selected-for canine behaviors seem to now eliciting fear, shock and a sense of distrust among many people.

There seems to be an ever growing expectation of a "behaviorally homogenized" dog - "Benji" in the shape of a Rottweiler. Breeds of dogs with greater protection instincts or an elevated prey-drive are often unfairly viewed as "aggressive or dangerous". No breed of dog is inherently vicious, as all breeds of dogs were created and are maintained exclusively to serve and co-exist with humans. The problem exists not within the breed of dog, but rather within the owners that fail to control, supervise, maintain and properly train the breed of dog they choose to keep. "

I'm curious as to the outcome - did the guy show up in March and pay you for the vet bills?

In the province of Ontario, Canada it's illegal to breed pitbulls, and they ALL HAVE TO BE MUZZLED when out for walks, it's the law up here!
Not in any other place in Canada, just in Ontario - because thousands have been pushing for a law.

In fact I know someone in social housing in London, and her son's pitbull was stolen by neighbors for breeding but when they did find him again he wasn't the same, and her son won't even talk about it because he's so upset about everything, but before that he was a pussycat!, but because of all the bad media about pitbulls, I just couldn't walk them at the Toronto Humane Society I can't!

But if that happened to my puppy, I'd get some homeopathic remedies or flower essences (which you purchase certain health stores) for my dog, because if he has that trauma, he will need something to ease the trauma, and the flower essences will.

neecy said:
I'm curious as to the outcome - did the guy show up in March and pay you for the vet bills?

Yes, the owner showed up in March court.... and paid the vet bill..

DoofusMama said:
Yes, the owner showed up in March court.... and paid the vet bill..

And what are they going to do about the pit bull dog?

^Angel^ said:
And what are they going to do about the pit bull dog?

I don't think all dogs should be put down just because they got into dog fights. Some dogs are aggressive to animals, but not to people or kids. If a dog bites people or kids, that is a big "no-no."

Cane Corso said:
I don't think all dogs should be put down just because they got into dog fights. Some dogs are aggressive to animals, but not to people or kids. If a dog bites people or kids, that is a big "no-no."

It wasn't a dog fight, the pitbull wasn't on a leash and attacked her dog, and in Ohio it's against the law to have a dog outside without a leash and if a dog attack another pet, or person, then that dog will be put to sleep...

Just because a pitbull attacked once, it doesn't mean it won't happen again...

^Angel^ said:
It wasn't a dog fight, the pitbull wasn't on a leash and attacked her dog, and in Ohio it's against the law to have a dog outside without a leash and if a dog attack another pet, or person, then that dog will be put to sleep...

Angel..it seems to me that you are so FOCUSED on PITBULLS only...you said in Ohio, its against the law to have a DOG outside without a leash ..ok are u saying only PITBULLS OR ANY KIND OF DOGS?? YOU seem to have one track mind on pitbulls only..it is getting kind of old..really.. In Tulsa, Okla, last year,
a Boston Terrier severelly attacked an old woman (the owner's mother)! Can you imagine a Boston Terrier? well, it did! doesnt matter what kind of dogs, they do attack and bite people. I was bitten on my chin by a Chihuahua dog
when i was about 3 years old and i had to have 7 or 8 stitches put in my chin. Also a large unknown mutt of a dog bit me and my brother on our butts trying to run away from him...of course we had to go to the emergency room to get treated for dog bites...I could tell you some more stories of dog attacks but i wont..its not pitbulls either...
so come off with pitbull attacks..ok?
Im so sick of it....its NOT ALWAYS PITBULL DOGS, THERE ARE ALWAYS OTHER KINDS OF DOGS THAT DO ATTACK AND KILL OTHER ANIMALS AND PEOPLE!
Thanks!

Defee said:
Angel..it seems to me that you are so FOCUSED on PITBULLS only...you said in Ohio, its against the law to have a DOG outside without a leash ..ok are u saying only PITBULLS OR ANY KIND OF DOGS?? YOU seem to have one track mind on pitbulls only..it is getting kind of old..really.. In Tulsa, Okla, last year,
a Boston Terrier severelly attacked an old woman (the owner's mother)! Can you imagine a Boston Terrier? well, it did! doesnt matter what kind of dogs, they do attack and bite people. I was bitten on my chin by a Chihuahua dog
when i was about 3 years old and i had to have 7 or 8 stitches put in my chin. Also a large unknown mutt of a dog bit me and my brother on our butts trying to run away from him...of course we had to go to the emergency room to get treated for dog bites...I could tell you some more stories of dog attacks but i wont..its not pitbulls either...
Im so sick of it....its NOT ALWAYS PITBULL DOGS, THERE ARE ALWAYS OTHER KINDS OF DOGS THAT DO ATTACK AND KILL OTHER ANIMALS AND PEOPLE!
Thanks!

:jaw: :jaw:

Wow, I can't believe you had to attacked me over a BIG MISUNDERSTANDING, if you did not understand me, you could have asked me nicely, but from reading your post, I lost my respect for you competely, I have nothing more to say, if you could have read this entire thread you wil understand why pitbull was brought up in the first place, but sadly you have to only read my post and attacked me enough to hurt my feelings....

Btw, I never said ONLY PITBULLS, It can be ANY breeds....

^Angel^ said:

No, you are completely right about this one. I don't know a thing about ohio law on that one. I live in a different state.

DoofusMama said:
I saw two stray dogs one is pitbull, one is coonhound/collie mix... i ran to close the gate and told kids get in the house but the pitbull already ran past the kids and went for Rocky... Attack him like hes a doll thankful that pitbull didnt go after our kids.. (espically marshalee or allen..).. thankful that Rocky is alive but he wont be the same... will be scarred for his life.

Defee.. Its been about the pitbull.. This is the first post DoofusMama has created. so its mainly about the pitbull this whole time. and Its not just about pitbulls but it can be any breed attacking one to another. but this thread was about a pitbull attacking another innocent dog.

i heard on the news when my dad was watching it some chiwawa attacked another dog or person .. i forgot .. i was like oh wow.

Defee said:
Thanks!
Im not trying to hurt your feelings at all, not my intentions at all...im just sick and tired of you focusing on PITBULLS only...i noticed every time anybody talks about pitbulls, you or others say terrible things about pitbulls like they are monsters which they are not. My vet told us personally that he rather treat pitbulls than poodles or chihuahuas cuz they are very bad about biting so they have to be muzzled!
What im saying that ALL BREEDS AND MUTTS ARE DANGEROUS, OK? You seem to think ONLY PITBULLS ARE DANGEROUS, not true. This morning, i read about a little two year old kid tripped and fell next to a dog(unknown breed) and he bit her/him in the face, geez.
Im just sick and tired of you FOCUSING on PITBULLS everytime somebody talks about them..that i have noticed. I know you hate pitbulls but you better be careful of other kinds of dogs also...they can be dangerous too..you cant go up and pet a poodle or Boston Terrier or German Shepard or little Rat Terrier cuz they DO BITE TOO!!! Believe me !!!!!! They also ATTACK OTHER ANIMALS TOO!!
Forgive me if i did hurt your feelings, Angel..not my intentions at all.
If you lost your respect for me, so be it...you just dont understand, thats all.
You dont understand my feelings and my love of my dog either. Have a good day and God Bless!

RebelGirl said:
Defee.. Its been about the pitbull.. This is the first post DoofusMama has created. so its mainly about the pitbull this whole time. and Its not just about pitbulls but it can be any breed attacking one to another. but this thread was about a pitbull attacking another innocent dog.
Rebelgirl...I totally know that!

Defee said:
Rebelgirl...I totally know that!

you totally know that? But why are you jumping in on ^Angel^ when she's actually speaking about the pitbulls. You're telling her you're tired of her talking about the pitbulls only. That's why I said this IS about the pitbull isn't it? So You are jumping on her saying those things when you're really wrong with what you said to her. don't tell me you totally know that.

Defee said:
Im not trying to hurt your feelings at all, not my intentions at all...im just sick and tired of you focusing on PITBULLS only...i noticed every time anybody talks about pitbulls, you or others say terrible things about pitbulls like they are monsters which they are not. My vet told us personally that he rather treat pitbulls than poodles or chihuahuas cuz they are very bad about biting so they have to be muzzled!
What im saying that ALL BREEDS AND MUTTS ARE DANGEROUS, OK? You seem to think ONLY PITBULLS ARE DANGEROUS, not true. This morning, i read about a little two year old kid tripped and fell next to a dog(unknown breed) and he bit her/him in the face, geez.
Im just sick and tired of you FOCUSING on PITBULLS everytime somebody talks about them..that i have noticed. I know you hate pitbulls but you better be careful of other kinds of dogs also...they can be dangerous too..you cant go up and pet a poodle or Boston Terrier or German Shepard or little Rat Terrier cuz they DO BITE TOO!!! Believe me !!!!!! They also ATTACK OTHER ANIMALS TOO!!
Forgive me if i did hurt your feelings, Angel..not my intentions at all.
If you lost your respect for me, so be it...you just dont understand, thats all.
You dont understand my feelings and my love of my dog either. Have a good day and God Bless!

Defee again you're jumping up and down on a bed screaming your lungs out, why don't you read all my posts in this thread and quote where did I say anything BAD about pitbulls, before you contiune to attacked me over and over by making a fool out of yourself....

If it wasn't your intentions than why the hell are you attacking me for when I haven't said anything bad about pitbulls in THIS THREAD!!

Next time please re-read and think twice before replying a post or thread and RebelGirl is correct, this thread is about pitbull and we're not speaking of ALL pitbulls here...No, I don't hate pitbulls but I dislike them cause I'm scare of them, so please don't get upset at me for allowing to express my feelings ... :dunno:

Last edited:
You both, Angel and Rebelgirl totally missed the whole point of what
im trying to say...but thats ok...you dont understand what im trying
to say, no use to go on and on and on and on....i totally give up.
I dont want to keep on arguing so this is my end of this discussion,
ok?
Im sorry if i mad you guys mad, that was not my intentions at all, i was
not MAD you, Angel, im just trying to point out your relentless fears of
pitbull dogs that i have noticed, thats all. I do know that your stepdaughter
or whoever in your family do have a pitbull dog so im confused as why you
have intense dislike of pitbull dogs..he/she (dog) didnt bite you, right?
Just remember, that ALL DOGS, NO MATTER WHAT BREED OR MIXED BREEDS
can be dangerous also!
Rebelgirl...please dont be hateful to me...I know that Doofusmom was talking about pitbull dog..i DID READ THAT POST earlier..thats why i said i totally know that..you didnt have to tell me that she was talking about pitbull dog..
you was the one who was biting my head off...u practically printed "pitbull" in great big black words like you were screaming at me....geez...that hurts, hun.
Ok, im thru and no more discussion about pitbull dogs.....you all have a nice day...God Bless!!!!

Defee said:
You both, Angel and Rebelgirl totally missed the whole point of what
im trying to say...

Honestly no, you should convince Angel in nice way instead of scream on Angel.

Remember, we do not talk about your pitbull but Doofmama´s thread.

Back