Girl accidentally kills firing range instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a local range that rents full automatic weapons. Tincansailor is right .. unless you anticipate the recoil, you cannot keep it on target.

For these who tried to answer my question, please read what I asked. Instantly with little effort. No running to get a frying pan, and trying to wail it upon another person. Because that is what Diehardbiker claimed, a lot worse in the house than a firearm.

And after reading the responses in here I've come to a realization that we have a lot of cold blooded killers here. :shock:

You seen think a firearm has a mind of it own , the most dangerous thing in the house is the OWNER of the firearm . If they have children and do not keep the gun out of their kids reach they could pick it and 'play' with it.
People are the problem not the guns , and there something the in house as deadly as gun, a gas heater can be used to blow a house up and killing everyone in the house.

Yes! Excellent point WDYS

People are all up in 'arms' about firearms being dangerous anything thing be dangerous in the hands of the wrong person. We should have a ban on words too , we all heard of the expression ' The pen is mightier than the sword' .

I can agree with you to a degree on that. There would be America but not the America as we know it. Maybe it would parallel the Brits. And we all know their restrictions on guns.

Not only that, we can take a look at the countries with restrictions and the ones without much restrictions then compare the murder rates.

Mexico, Libya, Brazil vs Canada, Norway, England, Australia. Do the math.

:laugh2: :laugh2: Let's take knives to war with the terrorists. Or rocks. Rocks good great damage and hopefully stop those bullets. Britain still has high violent crime except that it isn't committed with a firearm. Looking at stats between countries with gun control is different. Take a look at different violent crimes other than crimes committed with guns and I'll tell you they're just as bad.

Mass murder can happen without guns...even in peaceful countries with lower crime rates.

Osaka school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:laugh2: :laugh2: Let's take knives to war with the terrorists. Or rocks. Rocks good great damage and hopefully stop those bullets. Britain still has high violent crime except that it isn't committed with a firearm. Looking at stats between countries with gun control is different. Take a look at different violent crimes other than crimes committed with guns and I'll tell you they're just as bad.

Mass murder can happen without guns...even in peaceful countries with lower crime rates.

Osaka school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Story of the Jonestown Massacre

I am not sure if heard of the mass murder at Jones Town , people where told to drink poison by the cult leader .

You have obviously never visited my home then.

I can list a few household items that are "worse" than a firearm.
1) Drill
2) Sawzall
3) Lawnmower
4) Miter Saw
5) Propane Torch
6) 12v battery
7) WD40 and a lighter
8) Red Oak Firewood
9) Candlestick
10) Lead Pipe

.. so which item was used to kill Professor Plum while he was making a sandwich in the kitchen?

How are these worse than a firearm? The firearm can kill someone instantly, these would take some time. Now maybe a wood chipper.

How are these worse than a firearm? The firearm can kill someone instantly, these would take some time. Now maybe a wood chipper.

a bomb. Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

You seen think a firearm has a mind of it own , the most dangerous thing in the house is the OWNER of the firearm . If they have children and do not keep the gun out of their kids reach they could pick it and 'play' with it.
People are the problem not the guns , and there something the in house as deadly as gun, a gas heater can be used to blow a house up and killing everyone in the house.

I agree, but I think the owner of the gun should be held personally liable for that firearm until they sell it. They should also be required to have a trigger lock and if it's not on the gun they are responsible. You have to remember the owner is the problem, not the gun. If it's stolen they should also be held responsible because with the ownership of the gun comes great responsibility.

I agree, but I think the owner of the gun should be held personally liable for that firearm until they sell it. They should also be required to have a trigger lock and if it's not on the gun they are responsible. You have to remember the owner is the problem, not the gun. If it's stolen they should also be held responsible because with the ownership of the gun comes great responsibility.

....since when they aren't?

What I want to know is what parent in their right mind would let a 9 year old shoot an automatic weapon? Also what shooting range would let a 9 year old on the range? Finally what instructor would get in front of someone at a shooting range with a loaded uzi? Stupid is as stupid does!

What I want to know is what parent in their right mind would let a 9 year old shoot an automatic weapon?
I don't see anything wrong with it. I would. The fault lies on instructor.

Also what shooting range would let a 9 year old on the range?
uh it's very common. many many many kids start shooting at very young age...

Finally what instructor would get in front of someone at a shooting range with a loaded uzi? Stupid is as stupid does!
the instructor was never in front of her... the recoil pushed the gun toward his face. you need to rewatch the video slowly.

Would you rather be killed instantly, or fed feet first into a wood chipper?

Which would be worse?

I would pick option C - neither. But if a home intruder wishes to do me or my family harm, I would defend myself by any means available to me.

Why is the women that always get blamed for everything ?

Sorry I can only limit my posting, I have injury that makes typing a tiny keyboard harder, and that I am on the road.

Anyway, which part did I say women at fault?

Diehardbiker is claiming that there are worse weapons in the house, so I asked him to procure a list.

All of your items - highly survivable when you compare.

I could but I am not going to list because I dont want criminals to learn tricks of how to kill anyone without guns.

One good example... a match will do, have all members of household asleep, disable alarm, pour acceletaotors on every possible exits, throw in a match... wow no guns yet death.

Other way, have all people inside house sleep in. Open up gas to fill up the house, have regular phone set or loud ringer for phone. Get out house, then call in... kaboom!

Others, if u know which chemical in ur house, you could kill them by mixing two or more chemicals togethet, the vapor will kill,

Hose up car exhaust right into house. It will kill anyone indoors,

List can go on.
I am done due to difficulty with typing and I am on road trip.

Finally, a human brain is one of most powerful weapon, once learn and understood, it can become lethal, and no one can take away one's intellegent.

Alive, there are one member here on AD, who we all AD veteran knew and missed that member. That member was killed in his/her apartment... by how? Gas stove/oven. No gun involved at all.

Sorry I can only limit my posting, I have injury that makes typing a tiny keyboard harder, and that I am on the road.

Anyway, which part did I say women at fault?

You said something about blaming Mother Nature , I can't find the comment
and I answer back , "why are women being the blame all the time "

I could but I am not going to list because I dont want criminals to learn tricks of how to kill anyone without guns.

One good example... a match will do, have all members of household asleep, disable alarm, pour acceletaotors on every possible exits, throw in a match... wow no guns yet death.

Other way, have all people inside house sleep in. Open up gas to fill up the house, have regular phone set or loud ringer for phone. Get out house, then call in... kaboom!

Others, if u know which chemical in ur house, you could kill them by mixing two or more chemicals togethet, the vapor will kill,

Hose up car exhaust right into house. It will kill anyone indoors,

List can go on.
I am done due to difficulty with typing and I am on road trip.

Finally, a human brain is one of most powerful weapon, once learn and understood, it can become lethal, and no one can take away one's intellegent.

I agree about the brain being a" powerful weapon" that it's why I posted the link for the Movie 'Straw Dog , with Dustin Hoffman , this just want the movie is about . Dustin Hoffman character outsmart a group of thugs by using his brain.

You said something about blaming Mother Nature , I can't find the comment
and I answer back , "why are women being the blame all the time "
Oh, "mother nature" have nothing to do with women. Thats my belief, your fate is decided by mother nature, in other word, it means you can get killed or not and not aware of it. It got nothing to do with guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back