Girl accidentally kills firing range instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather be killed instantly, or fed feet first into a wood chipper?

Which would be worse?

I would pick option C - neither. But if a home intruder wishes to do me or my family harm, I would defend myself by any means available to me.

You didn't answer my question. How are those items you listed worse than a firearm?

I don't see anything wrong with it. I would. The fault lies on instructor.

uh it's very common. many many many kids start shooting at very young age...

the instructor was never in front of her... the recoil pushed the gun toward his face. you need to rewatch the video slowly.

I still don't get it, why would you teach a child to shoot a gun?

I still the instructor was stupid for several reasons: one, trying to teach a 9 year old to shot an uzi and two, for standing anywhere near her while she was doing so.

Unfortunately, more homeowners or family members are killed with their own guns than home intruders. If you want protection, forget the guns and get a big dog! However, if you still want something for protection, forget the guns and get a pump shotgun. All the former cops I know use a shotgun for home defense.

Best defense... a dog and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Dont forget pump shotgun itself is a gun after all.
The reason for shotgun as best homeowner defense is that shotgun shooting wont go far, far less likely going to hit neighbor than .357, .44, .223, 308, etc does.

....since when they aren't?

If the gun is stolen the owners liability ceases in most states I believe. I think he should still be held liable, its his gun and his liability and if he wasn't careful enough to keep it safe and out of someones else's hands than he should be accountable.

If the gun is stolen the owners liability ceases in most states I believe. I think he should still be held liable, its his gun and his liability and if he wasn't careful enough to keep it safe and out of someones else's hands than he should be accountable.

that's basically saying... a woman got raped because it's her fault for being too sexy.

stupid. just plain stupid.

13) one cat scratch Would love to see this in a self defense situation
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWeBY4S2n4]Lioness Leaps on Man in European Guest House | Domestic Lion Attacks Man | Pet Lion Attacks Guest - YouTube[/ame]

14) single punch to the jaw Would love to see this in a self defense situation
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpjtk8_-b0E]Top 10 Knockouts Compilation 1 - YouTube[/ame]

17) Lawnmower Who keeps a lawnmower in their bedroom? :confused:
really? you've never seen one?

20) 12v battery Would love to see this in a self defense situation
stun gun

22) Red Oak Firewood Not White Oak? Hickory? Walnut? Aspen?
baseball bat

25) wood chipper Would love to see how this is used in a self defense situation. Note: Self defense does not mean AFTER person is restricted and you've defended yourself.
you were working a wood chipper and some idiot attacked you.... fight ensued... and you threw him into wood chipper

It's my feeling that most of you guys in this thread would reach over to the nightstand with a gun in it opposed to the nightstand with the collection of aforementioned 25 items. This is because a gun is much more lethal than these things.

It's when Diehardbiker said that there are far worse items in the house I just had to ask what. As far as I know the odds of getting the exact science of making that one perfect cat scratch to the artery in a chaotic situation is next to nil. Oh, and ingiting one's home when trying to chase out a robber sounds like an excellent defense mechanism.

Now you see the absurdity of it all?
the only absurdity of it all is the anti-gun person's reasoning like yours.

I still don't get it, why would you teach a child to shoot a gun?

I still the instructor was stupid for several reasons: one, trying to teach a 9 year old to shot an uzi and two, for standing anywhere near her while she was doing so.

why NOT? why would you teach sports (football, baseball, hockey, etc.) to child that can result in serious injury or death?

it has to be reported to police first.

why NOT? why would you teach sports (football, baseball, hockey, etc.) to child that can result in serious injury or death?

Why not teach them how to use the toaster in the bathtub? A gun in the hands of a child is much more dangerous thing than in the hands of most adults, because of reasoning ability.

Best defense... a dog and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Dont forget pump shotgun itself is a gun after all.
The reason for shotgun as best homeowner defense is that shotgun shooting wont go far, far less likely going to hit neighbor than .357, .44, .223, 308, etc does.

I know its a gun but it won't kill the neighbor next door when you miss the intruder and it's really hard to miss with a shotgun.

Why not teach them how to use the toaster in the bathtub? A gun in the hands of a child is much more dangerous thing than in the hands of most adults, because of reasoning ability.

because using the toaster in the bathtub is a wrong thing to do.... just as wrong as playing with a gun found somewhere.

A gun in the hands of educated, trained child is much safer than the hands of most angry, murderous adults. I truly really fail to see how is it very dangerous when it's been a tradition in America for many decades.

many childs were taught to hunt, survive, eat, identify poisonous species, ride horse, etc. at very very young age. it is very sad to see you are discouraging a child to become a very capable adult. you prefer a child to be a sheep... a useless person... no sir - not my own child. he will learn everything, many things including weapons because he/she would understand how dangerous it is and will respect it.

ever wonder who are defending this country? hundreds of thousands of proud soldiers who were raised and taught with guns at early age.
ever wonder why our government fears us? hundreds of thousands of proud citizens who were raised and taught with guns at early age.

You have obviously never visited my home then.

I can list a few household items that are "worse" than a firearm.
1) Drill
2) Sawzall
3) Lawnmower
4) Miter Saw
5) Propane Torch
6) 12v battery
7) WD40 and a lighter
8) Red Oak Firewood
9) Candlestick
10) Lead Pipe

.. so which item was used to kill Professor Plum while he was making a sandwich in the kitchen?

What I want to know is how exactly are these worse than a firearm?

torture. sadistic criminal.

The funny thing is that I provided you guys a platform to say "Yes, I take a gun over all these things." But no. Some of the posters here still defend the "worse than a gun" logic. All to minimize the "danger" of a gun.

That is exactly what the issue is. If you guys support guns, just say so. Don't throw bull logic like "oh, everything else is much worse than a gun." I asked in a post earlier if you guys would take a gun over the 25 items, and guess what... You guys are still taking the 25 items over a gun.

Using that logic, may as well take guns out of circulation.

The funny thing is that I provided you guys a platform to say "Yes, I take a gun over all these things." But no. Some of the posters here still defend the "worse than a gun" logic. All to minimize the "danger" of a gun.

That is exactly what the issue is. If you guys support guns, just say so. Don't throw bull logic like "oh, everything else is much worse than a gun." I asked in a post earlier if you guys would take a gun over the 25 items, and guess what... You guys are still taking the 25 items over a gun.

Using that logic, may as well take guns out of circulation.

we use guns to protect ourselves from sadistic criminals with non-firearm weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back