Girl accidentally kills firing range instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I had two guys in my place that I wasn't expecting last week. I didn't know who they were. However, as luck had it, I wasn't in my tinfoil hat and wasn't armed. No belligerent gun shows were had.

I talked to them, and told them to get the hell out. They left. No problems.
That was a home invasion? How did they get in?

I'm glad that no one got hurt. :)

That was a home invasion? How did they get in?

I'm glad that no one got hurt. :)

People shoot at people who are simply at the door. Is that a home invasion? I left the door unlocked.

I like to think there are more good people than the bad. In my perspective chances are that we wouldn't get hurt.

:hmm:

Let me ponder over how ridiculous your ranting and ravings are ...

ok ... I pondered.

Would you rather my wife not be ready if a killer and/or violent rapist illegally enters our home? Please choose your words wisely.

If she can get to her gun and shoot them fine, if she should miss then she's in a world of hurt. A good number of people die each year trying to protect themselves from people trying to do them harm, if you want to possibly be one of them, so be it. I would suggest moving to a safer location if you are sitting around at night with a gun on your lap and worrying if and when someone comes into your home. Yesterday in Utah, a female elementary school teacher, who had permit to carry a concealed weapon, suffered a serious injury when she shot herself in the leg when it accidentally went off in the bathroom, she was trained and ready to take action if something bad came down and she ended up shooting herself and may lose a leg. So the gun can come back and bite you!

If she can get to her gun and shoot them fine, if she should miss then she's in a world of hurt. A good number of people die each year trying to protect themselves from people trying to do them harm, if you want to possibly be one of them, so be it. I would suggest moving to a safer location if you are sitting around at night with a gun on your lap and worrying if and when someone comes into your home. Yesterday in Utah, a female elementary school teacher, who had permit to carry a concealed weapon, suffered a serious injury when she shot herself in the leg when it accidentally went off in the bathroom, she was trained and ready to take action if something bad came down and she ended up shooting herself and may lose a leg. So the gun can come back and bite you!

That's my stance. Gun related accidents/murders far overwhelms the success story of defending ones home with guns.

People shoot at people who are simply at the door. Is that a home invasion? I left the door unlocked.

I like to think there are more good people than the bad. In my perspective chances are that we wouldn't get hurt.
Sometimes the home invasion ends at the door, yes. It often means someone enters the home by physical force, like bursting thru a door or window. That's what most of the home invasions are here. Someone breaks down a door or smashes thru a window, and attacks the residents with weapons. The residents get injured, killed, raped, or kidnapped (or a combination of offenses).

There may be more good people than bad in most places. The problem is, when they are bad, they can be very bad. :(

Sometimes the home invasion ends at the door, yes. It often means someone enters the home by physical force, like bursting thru a door or window. That's what most of the home invasions are here. Someone breaks down a door or smashes thru a window, and attacks the residents with weapons. The residents get injured, killed, raped, or kidnapped (or a combination of offenses).

There may be more good people than bad in most places. The problem is, when they are bad, they can be very bad. :(

I live in an area of DC where the French Embassy tells their citizens NOT TO GO TO. So yeah, I've seen my share of violence and still think the world is full of good people.

It's actually exterior stresses that drives people to violence for the most part. If we ended the individualistic mentality that society here in America has things would be much better. All it takes is one look at NYC right after 9/11 to agree.

July 4th of this year - Celebration of America's freedom. A joyous day for all of us.

I was at home, getting ready to go to a bbq at my friends 2 blocks away. Gunshots were felt. It just happens someone was shot right outside my home. I saw him still alive right after with two ladies sobbing over him. Cops and all came.

I left and went to the party. Came back to find my entire street and two streets around (small blocks) were cordoned off by the police.

To this day I still see the blood stains in the sidewalk on a daily basis, a shuddering reminder of the celebration of our constitution that was taken a bit too far.

Just a crumb of the reasons I believe that guns aren't necessary.

I live in an area of DC where the French Embassy tells their citizens NOT TO GO TO. So yeah, I've seen my share of violence and still think the world is full of good people.

It's actually exterior stresses that drives people to violence for the most part. If we ended the individualistic mentality that society here in America has things would be much better. All it takes is one look at NYC right after 9/11 to agree.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

If it were external stresses that drove people to violence, then why doesn't it drive all people under the same stress to violence, and what about the violent people who aren't exposed to external stresses?

I cannot agree with you about your assessment of post-9/11 NYC.

July 4th of this year - Celebration of America's freedom. A joyous day for all of us.

I was at home, getting ready to go to a bbq at my friends 2 blocks away. Gunshots were felt. It just happens someone was shot right outside my home. I saw him still alive right after with two ladies sobbing over him. Cops and all came.

I left and went to the party. Came back to find my entire street and two streets around (small blocks) were cordoned off by the police.

To this day I still see the blood stains in the sidewalk on a daily basis, a shuddering reminder of the celebration of our constitution that was taken a bit too far.

Just a crumb of the reasons I believe that guns aren't necessary.
I'm very sorry that happened. Are you saying that someone was accidentally shot while shooting into the air to celebrate the Fourth?

I'm very sorry that happened. Are you saying that someone was accidentally shot while shooting into the air to celebrate the Fourth?

Not sure why shooting in the air is a good celebration. A person shot another over a lady.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

If it were external stresses that drove people to violence, then why doesn't it drive all people under the same stress to violence, and what about the violent people who aren't exposed to external stresses?

I cannot agree with you about your assessment of post-9/11 NYC.

Because humans.

And good people do not just walk into someone house b/c door is unlocked.
They knock on the door and wait to be invited in. I grew up when it was safe to leave your back door unlocked during the day . It' snot safe to do this anymore. The polices are always reminding people to keep their doors
locked at all time when home b/c there are 'bad' people .

individualistic mentality? that's bad for community.

Not sure why shooting in the air is a good celebration. A person shot another over a lady.
Oh, so the shooting had nothing to do with celebrating the Fourth of July. The way you described it made it seem like it did.

Shooting into the air is never a good way to celebrate anything.

Oh, so the shooting had nothing to do with celebrating the Fourth of July. The way you described it made it seem like it did.

and it's illegal.

Because humans.

because-aliens.jpg

Just saw on the news that a home invasion took place in a city near me this morning at 5 am while the people were asleep. No one was hurt and all the thieves got away with was the victims money.

Just saw on the news that a home invasion took place in a city near me this morning at 5 am while the people were asleep. No one was hurt and all the thieves got away with was the victims money.

are you relieved that thieves were unharmed?

When I lived in Northern California the old timers would shoot their guns in the air to celebrate the July 4th . Luckily there where only few a houses around . I asked my friend what was going on and she told that how some people celebrated the 4th . We really could not use fireworks b/c it could had started a forest fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back