Girl accidentally kills firing range instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it doesn't. it doesn't take a strength to fire a submachine gun but it does take some strength to hold it properly

That is what I mean , it take strength to hold it properly , I know it's not hard to pull the trigger . I was saying it take strength to use a machine gun , I words things difference than you do but it does not made it wrong.

That is what I mean , it take strength to hold it properly , I know it's not hard to pull the trigger . I was saying it take strength to use a machine gun , I words things difference than you do but it does not made it wrong.

When I fire a gun, any gun for the first time, I ask about the recoil/kick...
Since me and my friends are strong as well as knowledgeable with weapons, I still don't take their words for it, I hold that piece like its gonna kill me, Im gonna hold it like my life depends on it, firm and rigid. Besides, a limp wrist cause a pistol to jam ( semi-autos and automatics)
I still cant believe a range instructor let a child ( even the boy who killed his dad or himself years ago) fire an Uzi without helping them hold it or chambering a single bullet to get the feel,,,,, sandbag it or bench it if unsure.

oh gotcha!

when I first saw the video... I was horrified at the way instructor was handling it. I had no idea what was going to happen but I can see how it was gonna end badly. My instructor would never handle it like that. He positioned himself next to a shooter where he can safely prevent a recoil into dangerous position as well as blocking a shooter from pointing a gun at unsafe zone.

and another mistake - later, the instructor set the gun to full auto... or 3-rnd burst. that made me :eek3::eek3::eek3: it's an accident waiting to happen.

I forgot to mention that, that is why I said a single round to get the feel of it first...

Fine. Tell me how to ban idiots then. What if your IQ of 110 was deemed too lowly? Then what? Or how do we measure common sense?

Don't get me wrong, I love guns personally. I live in one of the more dangerous spots in America. I sold all of my guns off because I don't see a need for them anymore.

if we all had no guns, there would be no America

I can agree with you to a degree on that. There would be America but not the America as we know it. Maybe it would parallel the Brits. And we all know their restrictions on guns.

Not only that, we can take a look at the countries with restrictions and the ones without much restrictions then compare the murder rates.

Mexico, Libya, Brazil vs Canada, Norway, England, Australia. Do the math.

Really? Are you saying that majority of accident related deaths were exclusively caused by guns?

GET REAL! There are many accidents that caused by instructors with students were not even gun related, for example, driving, sky diving, karate, many other causes, usually they arent widely published but they exists.
You got serious tunnel effect with gun issues. Sad that you have the disability on undrrstanding the reality. Guns do not kill people. Its mother nature that decides one's fate.

This is why I support gun bans. We have too many idiots on hand.

With the amount of firearms exist on this planet, over a septillion may really be underestimated. U have no idea how many of them exist, and whenever law is going to ban something, what do u think will happen? Ready for this, that x number of estimated number of firearms will remain the same even after ban has been in effect.

There are worse weapons than guns and its everywhere, can you identify any of them? I ccould easily identify thousand possible weapons around me, and none of them is firearm.

U never know til something hits you. I bet u my ass it wont involve firearms, it will be likely something u never thought it would happen.

This is why I support gun bans. We have too many idiots on hand.

I can agree with you to a degree on that. There would be America but not the America as we know it. Maybe it would parallel the Brits. And we all know their restrictions on guns.

Not only that, we can take a look at the countries with restrictions and the ones without much restrictions then compare the murder rates.

Mexico, Libya, Brazil vs Canada, Norway, England, Australia. Do the math.

When Great Britain restricted firearms, their violent crime rate went up. Same with Australia.

Yes, there is a connection between allowing lawful and sane citizens to have firearms and a decrease in violent crime. Look at Chicago - it was illegal to have firearms there for a long, long, time and it did nothing to curb violent gangs. If you ban guns, only the law abiding will follow the law - the gangs will not and they will still have guns (and they will have complete control over an unarmed population).

When Great Britain restricted firearms, their violent crime rate went up. Same with Australia.

And it tapered off. Go and look.

Yes, there is a connection between allowing lawful and sane citizens to have firearms and a decrease in violent crime. Look at Chicago - it was illegal to have firearms there for a long, long, time and it did nothing to curb violent gangs. If you ban guns, only the law abiding will follow the law - the gangs will not and they will still have guns (and they will have complete control over an unarmed population).

Right, that's why localized bans don't work.

With the amount of firearms exist on this planet, over a septillion may really be underestimated. U have no idea how many of them exist, and whenever law is going to ban something, what do u think will happen? Ready for this, that x number of estimated number of firearms will remain the same even after ban has been in effect.
Did you hear what happened in Australia?

There are worse weapons than guns and its everywhere, can you identify any of them? I ccould easily identify thousand possible weapons around me, and none of them is firearm.
Worse weapons than firearms in the house? Sure, please shoot me a list of household items that is capable of killing one other instantly with little effort.
U never know til something hits you. I bet u my ass it wont involve firearms, it will be likely something u never thought it would happen.
Actually I do expect to be stabbed one day. That's why my head's on a swivel every time I leave my house. A shooting wouldn't surprise me either. If I actually got shot I think I would be incapable of returning fire.

By the way, I will not take your previous post personally and hope you return the favor.

Unfortunately we as a nation cannot discriminate who is an idiot from the other. Yes, I support bans. If we all had no guns, there would be no shooting.
Guns are already banned from convicted criminals yet they get hold of them. Bans only keep guns out of the hands of people who will obey the gun laws. It doesn't prevent people from getting them illegally. Why give that advantage to the bad guys?

Range owners/managers can prohibit the use of over-powered guns by minors without "bans." It's totally up to them. They should NOT give in to whiny kids or parents who do everything their kids "want" to do.

THE ADULTS NEED TO START ACTING LIKE ADULTS!

Parents are responsible for the well-being of their children--they are not supposed to be their pals of equal standing. Kids depend on their parents to make decisions for them when it comes to their care and safety.

Range owners/managers need to think safety before profit or pleasure.

Common gun sense for any age person requires that you work your way up to more powerful, complicated weapons after proving yourself at the beginner levels.

no it doesn't. it doesn't take a strength to fire a submachine gun but it does take some strength to hold it properly
I think that's what she meant. It takes strength to fire it properly; that is, to keep it under control.

Guns are already banned from convicted criminals yet they get hold of them. Bans only keep guns out of the hands of people who will obey the gun laws. It doesn't prevent people from getting them illegally. Why give that advantage to the bad guys?

Again, localized bans, singling out people doesn't work.

You know I have several friends who used to take their rifles to school regularly. They were on the school rifle team or were going out varmint hunting after school. Yet we had far less school shootings and violence 30+ years ago and students with guns was a regular thing on campus. Which illustrates guns and kids with them are not the cause of the problem here. Sorry the politically convenient anti-gunner argument does not work here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back