What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could get a small, dedicated on-demand (tankless) heater for about 220$. You'd have to check the specs and make sure it can produce enough hot water to serve a hot tub's needs though.

You could also just get a standard water heater dedicated for the tub. You might be able to find a cheap previously-used one off craigslist or at a habitat for humanity. They are not difficult to install or service. I installed or fixed a million of them at my old job. If you wait until I move to DC, I'd do it for the cost of pizza and beer. :)

The tankless is great idea but the labor is not cheap for install the electric and other.

Up-front costs are high
The tankless water heaters we tested cost $800 to $1,150, compared with $300 to $480 for the regular storage-tank types. Tankless models need electrical outlets for their fan and electronics, upgraded gas pipes, and a new ventilation system. That can bring average installation costs to $1,200, compared with $300 for storage-tank models.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...eaters/overview/tankless-water-heaters-ov.htm

You should forward that to Shel. I don't know if she checks out CL. I personally love CL !! :)

I do check it out...but never have enough time to really sit down and go through all the ads.

Thanks TWA!!!!

AlleyCat...here is to wishing your dad a speedy recovery! :hug:

Thank you both -- it's very appreciated! He did seem in reasonably good spirits afterwards. On a scale of 1 to 10 he said his pain level was 2, so that's good so far, but they warned him that it's going to get more achy after the drugs wear off. I'll go back and visit tonight.

From my experience, there is no pain like back pain. I hope your dad isn't having too much pain and is able to recover soon. Hopefully they will treat him like a king at the hospital.

I spent an afternoon with GrendelQ, LiLi, and her husband in Copley Square today! :D :D

LiLi is really really adorable!!! :) <3

Yeah, we actually think both young ladies are pretty adorable :) We're definitely going to have to steal you away from campus some more--we need many more photos!

5528051820_e538436d1f.jpg
5528052618_7fc9b35b35.jpg

5527461361_ba8c47b62e.jpg
5527462725_6d6de42d67.jpg

5528051626_134f9d3bb1.jpg
5528073490_e1d022b4c7.jpg

Nice photos. I love the expression on your daughters face in this photo:

It has that OMG look even though it is blurred a bit, lol.

From my experience, there is no pain like back pain. I hope your dad isn't having too much pain and is able to recover soon. Hopefully they will treat him like a king at the hospital.

Thanks! :)

I absolutely hate back pain too. I had a backache for 2 years. It finally healed.

Yeah, we actually think both young ladies are pretty adorable :) We're definitely going to have to steal you away from campus some more--we need many more photos!

5527461361_ba8c47b62e.jpg

5528051626_134f9d3bb1.jpg
5528073490_e1d022b4c7.jpg

Those are great photos, Grendel. It looks like both girls had fun! :)

I had a day where for a long while we were bored to tears, then for a while, I held back from just jumping out of a moving car to walk home.

Hubby was off, we got ready early for his Aunt to come, but she got lost and didn't get here until 1pm. With me navigating and her driving, I was squashed in the backseat between my hubby and her hubby, while MIL was up front with her in a small Sonata. Very tight quarters for the 3 of us in the backseat. We went to a late lunch, checked them into a hotel, drove all over Palm Beach and took oodles of pictures of mansions, oceans and boats. Then, drove south to the Boynton Inlet to see more boats (barf!!), then drove west to the cemetery so she could see where her brother (FIL) was buried. then we came home at 7:30 pm. After that, we took 2 vehicles with all 8 of us and went to Golden Corral for dinner. Just got home at 9:45. Putting it bluntly, I HATE the beach!!! Having to sit on the hump in the back seat put pressure on a nerve and so now I cannot walk again. MIL is upset that I am "making a big deal out of it and wants me to grow up and take it like an adult". Needless to say, now hubby understands why I have problems living here. I tell you, I need a triple shot of Jack Daniels with a beer chaser and I don't drink anymore.

I went to work and actually enjoyed not having to go in until 9 am. I got done by 5:20 which was a bit earlier than expected which is good. I got a phone call from a friend that is currently in Dallas and will be there for two weeks. I can't wait until she returns.

I also received a message that my DD starts softball practice this Friday. However because they are using a pitching machine, she will be required to wear a helmet with a facemask, so tomorrow as soon as I get done on the farm, we will be going to Russvegas to find her a helmet that fits properly, hoping they are not sold out. =/

Awwwww! Adorable!

Is it me, or do Sheila and LiLi look like they could almost be sisters?

I don't do well speaking in front of a class... managed to forget my whole presentation even stumbled over my daughters name pretty pathetic lol

Ah, I understand. I've noticed I've been a bit out of practice with my speech a bit as yesterday I went to tell my mom 'Happy Birthday' and I stumbled over it. I think it came out sounding like 'Hobby Firday'. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back