What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

After, the chin and lip threading came home, played with the wii Zumba game. Ate a good chicken taco dinner homemade and enjoyed pan dulce( Mexican sweet bread) with some coffee.

I went to my grandmother's house and visited with family then came home to finish my laundry and did some cleaning. I'm about to slip into my pajamas, have a warm cup of coffee and call it a night. Starting tomorrow I get to sleep in. I don't have to be at work until 9 now due to DST and because the chickens don't know it's DST, we have to start later than what the clock says when in reality it is the same time.

I wish I could get to sleep in. Tomorrow morning at 7 am my dad is having major surgery on his back, so I'll be at the hospital keeping mom company.

I wish I could get to sleep in. Tomorrow morning at 7 am my dad is having major surgery on his back, so I'll be at the hospital keeping mom company.

I hope all goes well for your dad.

Hoping for the best for your Dad, AlleyCat....

Hoping the operation goes well for your Dad, AlleyCat.

Thanks, Dixie !! I'll be back later tomorrow morning or afternoon. I have GOT to get to bed now !!

Wirelessly posted

AlleyCat said:

I hope your dad's surgery goes well and he will be fine.

So far today I spent the whole morning at the hospital, We just got home. Dad's 1st, 2nd and 3rd vertebrae were far worse than they initially thought so the surgery was longer and they'll be keeping him a few days longer. They had to use a routing-type tool to pry (or sand) apart the bones that were fused together. :(

So far today I spent the whole morning at the hospital, We just got home. Dad's 1st, 2nd and 3rd vertebrae were far worse than they initially thought so the surgery was longer and they'll be keeping him a few days longer. They had to use a routing-type tool to pry (or sand) apart the bones that were fused together. :(

Thinking of you -- hoping for wonderful results and quick recovery.

I guess other problems pale beside back troubles. Hope your dad recovers soon-AlleyCat.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Thinking of you -- hoping for wonderful results and quick recovery.

I guess other problems pale beside back troubles. Hope your dad recovers soon-AlleyCat.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Thank you both -- it's very appreciated! He did seem in reasonably good spirits afterwards. On a scale of 1 to 10 he said his pain level was 2, so that's good so far, but they warned him that it's going to get more achy after the drugs wear off. I'll go back and visit tonight.

Went shopping today. Had a 30% off coupon for Kohls' and a gift card to Old Navy, so I got a couple of jeans and a light hoodie jacket. Just had a late lunch, too. Tonight I'm packing for my trip to NYC, printing a bunch of tickets and passes for various things, and trying to finish Half-Life 2! I'm determined :P

Thank you both -- it's very appreciated! He did seem in reasonably good spirits afterwards. On a scale of 1 to 10 he said his pain level was 2, so that's good so far, but they warned him that it's going to get more achy after the drugs wear off. I'll go back and visit tonight.

I am glad he came through ok. He will probably be so much better off by the time he heals the pain will have been worth it.

Today my daughter took me and her two daughters to Tangled. No captions and I thought that was already on video. But I ate popcorn and soda and had a lot of fun watching the little girls react to the movie. :)

Actually felt like I did some good today - helped people and took executive decisions in my job ... all this, despite the fact I'm being made redundant in eight weeks! Now THAT'S dedicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back