What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixie,
Hope your grandpa will get through this. May your family have the strength to get thru this for the time being.

it is very weird on body pretty complication I can't sleep!

Hi Dixie,

can't begin to imagine what's it been like for you and your family and your poor grandfather - what a shock for him.

I think the letter of apology is a good idea. It would probably do them good to know that the other family is also devastated and also in grief over the loss of the baby and grandmother. Might also be a good idea to send one to them privately first so they won't think the public letter was for publicity reasons.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Your grandfather needs professional mental health care to heal from trauma. Talk to you family doctor or a social worker at your hospital. My heart goes out to him and all affected.

Can you find out what church they go to if any? Maybe you can go and talk to their pastor and he can help you determine best way to do this.

A letter , even with good intentions, can cause legal complications. I'd advise your.family to consult with the attorney before submitting and/or publishing the letter.
In regards to the aforementioned letter, we haven't done anything yet. We are just trying to think of something appropriate. However, in all of this we have heard some good news. The insurance adjuster contacted my grandmother and she let my grandmother know that they (the insurance adjuster) has been in contact with the other family. The other family has no hard feelings against our family and has no ill will for us. They understand that it was an accident and that they too have been concerned for my grandfather. However neither of our families have been in direct contact with each other yet.

As for legal complications, for now we aren't doing anything until things have settled. I am pretty sure the other family is Catholic, but I can find out in a couple of days via contacts within the Hispanic community that I have. If so, I know where they go to church as their is only one Catholic church in our town. I however will not show up during their church services but I may try to contact the priest/bishop/father whatever it is they call their preacher via email and see how the other family is doing. That might be the best place to start, but at the same time I don't want to drag anyone into a potentially volatile situation either. I will ask my family about it to see what their feelings are and go from there.

Thanks again everyone for your support for my family. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Playing with the ipad2 at the Verizon store. Love it! Wish i could buy one now.

Playing with the ipad2 at the Verizon store. Love it! Wish i could buy one now.

Put the iPad down and slowly back away from the display! LOL.

I already have an iPhone and two laptops, why do I need an iPad? :giggle:

Well the Ipad can replace your laptops. :)

I was planning to get a laptop eventually but I think I'm gonna get a touchscreen tablet instead. :hmm:

Well the Ipad can replace your laptops. :)

I was planning to get a laptop eventually but I think I'm gonna get a touchscreen tablet instead. :hmm:

I seriously doubt I could type out a complete 20 page research paper for a 3000 level comp class at ATU. :giggle:

I seriously doubt I could type out a complete 20 page research paper for a 3000 level comp class at ATU. :giggle:

:lol: You can buy keyboard for touchscreen. However, I'm not planning to go to college or needing to type out a lot so tablet would work for me for going on internet and etc..

Just like everything in life, there is always pro and cons of both laptop and tablets.

:lol: You can buy keyboard for touchscreen. However, I'm not planning to go to college or needing to type out a lot so tablet would work for me for going on internet and etc..

Just like everything in life, there is always pro and cons of both laptop and tablets.

That's what I was thinking. iPads are for goofing off on the Internet. Nothing serious.

double post

I have a PC so when it dies, we are not going to buy another PC...will go with either a tablet or a laptop.

I have an android phone but the small screen can be a pain in the ass.

I have a PC so when it dies, we are not going to buy another PC...will go with either a tablet or a laptop.

I have an android phone but the small screen can be a pain in the ass.

Well technically, altogether in this house I have two laptops, a desktop, an iPhone, my dad has a Droid, my mom has a Samsung. But we have no tablets. Maybe I will get one later.

My brother however has a desktop, a Nook, and a droid phone.

I might get a Kindle or Samsung tab for reading eBooks sometime later down the road. I would love to have an iPad, but those things are EXPENSIVE to the tune of what $600??

You don't need a kindle or nook. You can download an app onto your iphone or droid and read books on it. I use the kindle app on droid.

You don't need a kindle or nook. You can download an app onto your iphone or droid and read books on it. I use the kindle app on droid.

I know that, I download books onto my phone, but after a while I get tired of reading on the small screen. I would rather be reading something that is book-sized.

Wow, you're picky. lol I understand. It's worth it to you.

lol nah. if you reached to 3000 level, you're already capable to do it anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back