What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, how awful for everyone! My heart goes out to you and to everyone involved. Hugs and love especially for you.

7:00 a.m. bus duty. Seriously?! I got a few minutes to spare before my class start. It's always weird how the short weeks of school always seem the longest.

Hurry bell, ring! Let the weekend begin! :D What are you guys doing this weekend?

7:00 a.m. bus duty. Seriously?! I got a few minutes to spare before my class start. It's always weird how the short weeks of school always seem the longest.

Hurry bell, ring! Let the weekend begin! :D What are you guys doing this weekend?
I agree about the short weeks seeming looong.
I will probably cut the grass (if it dries enough) tonight and/or tomorrow. Sunday I'm going to an annual Art Festival (though more crafts than arts these days). Don't plan to buy anything. Just a reason to get out and do something. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. It takes place next to a small river, so hopefully it has dried out some by Sunday (the festival is Sat & Sun). I'm sure they'll have lots of straw down for us to walk on.

Might be going to the range with a hearing classmate.

Today, went to the deaf org and got evaluated for my ASL class registration. Was so pleased to learn that the three months of private lessons paid off for I don't have to take 101 or 102, will be entering straight into level 103. First group class is next Wednesday evening, looking forward to it!

Today I saw my social worker who told me that provisionally I can get some financial help towards the cost of me and my family learning BSL. YAAYYY!:dance2:
(Not guaranteed though.:fingersx:)

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Going to asl social this evening. Looking forward to it.

:hug: Dixie...your Grandpa will have some tough times ahead.
Yeah, and I just found out from a friend that one of the trimmers I worked with at Tyson is related to the infant and that she had brought a picture of the child to work and was showing it to everyone. :shock:

I can't even begin to imagine what my grandpa is feeling right now.
I don't like to say this but... you and your family members should put him on "suicide watch". a family member being with him all the time and take turn.
Jiro, that's exactly what we've been doing since the day this happened. We have been taking turns being with him. My aunt goes in the mornings, my other aunt goes in the afternoons, and my uncle goes in the evenings. My grandmother lives there but we do this to give her a break so that she can go run errands as needed and not feel like she can't do anything. Both of my grandparents are coming here this Sunday for Sunday dinner and the extended family has called to say that they are also coming. So, there is someone there with him at all times. We are also fully prepared to have him admitted to the hospital if things get worse.

sorry hear your hard to relationship because tough! complication!that is not easy!
Thank you Travis.

Dang, Dixie.. hope your grandpa will be alright.. as for that kid.. ohh... really a terrible thing to happen.. wow...
thank you.

Dixie, my heart goes out to you and your family and the other families as well.
Thank you.
Oh, how awful for everyone! My heart goes out to you and to everyone involved. Hugs and love especially for you.
Thanks.

I haven't been able to talk to my aunt or my mom yet today in regards to my grandpa, but right now, he's right at the top of my prayer list along with the family of the child as well as the grandmother that was injured.

I have thought about the idea of publishing a letter of apology from our family to their family in the paper. The reason being is we don't know what the other family is like and we don't know if we will encounter some hot heads and open ourselves up for them to come after us. I don't know if this would even be appropriate if even at all. I just feel like we need to somehow express our sincerest apologies and condolences to the other family rather than not doing anything at all. If we do nothing, then I am afraid that the other family will think we simply do not care and that's not the case at all. What do you think?

Hi Dixie,

can't begin to imagine what's it been like for you and your family and your poor grandfather - what a shock for him.

I think the letter of apology is a good idea. It would probably do them good to know that the other family is also devastated and also in grief over the loss of the baby and grandmother. Might also be a good idea to send one to them privately first so they won't think the public letter was for publicity reasons.

Today I saw my social worker who told me that provisionally I can get some financial help towards the cost of me and my family learning BSL. YAAYYY!:dance2:

Good luck for you :)

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Your grandfather needs professional mental health care to heal from trauma. Talk to you family doctor or a social worker at your hospital. My heart goes out to him and all affected.

I will figure out on soon coming! I will update information improve!

Hi Dixie,

can't begin to imagine what's it been like for you and your family and your poor grandfather - what a shock for him.

I think the letter of apology is a good idea. It would probably do them good to know that the other family is also devastated and also in grief over the loss of the baby and grandmother. Might also be a good idea to send one to them privately first so they won't think the public letter was for publicity reasons.

Can you find out what church they go to if any? Maybe you can go and talk to their pastor and he can help you determine best way to do this.

A letter , even with good intentions, can cause legal complications. I'd advise your.family to consult with the attorney before submitting and/or publishing the letter.

I Have bad headache terrible i will remove on my headache will better i thinks so anxiety cause sympathetic I aware it!

That's great news, AJW! :cheers:

I am pretty lots of hard work project to restore coming soon! I fresh because cause slow on mess on virus on destory! I aware it weak I am learn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back