What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed daughter and I up for Step 2 ASL classes which start next week. Better get the book & DVD out and see what I've forgotten over the last few months. :o

very sorry to hear but it's very unlikely that he will be criminally charged since he was not under influence. It's just a bad luck that this happened. Worst thing that can happen to him is his license being permanently suspended and him living with this tragedy for rest of his life.

I can only hope that his guilty conscience won't slowly kill him.
The day it happened he was in a state of shock, but now it's hit him and my aunt told me that he's been in his recliner all day just shaking his head back and forth and keeps saying over and over "I messed up big this time. I messed up." He's asked to be put back on his anxiety medications and right now we are making sure that someone is with him all the time in case he tries to do something drastic. My mom found out that the mother of the child works nightshift at her workplace and the grandfather of the child is a live hanger on dayshift. They have been taking up donations to pay for funeral costs and medical expenses, so I will be sending down a donation to them on Friday when I get paid. I don't think an "I'm sorry" or "We're sorry." from our family is going to make their family feel any better, but I will feel it out a bit with my Hispanic friends to see what is going on.

His license has already been taken by the State Trooper that worked the scene and we were told that it will be under review by a board and he will be losing his license. We as a family have taken his keys and his truck away from him and we forbid him to drive any more. We've all agreed that if any of us see him out driving a vehicle anywhere to immediately call law enforcement and report it. It's not that we don't love him. It's that we don't want him to get out and kill or injure himself or someone else. It's a safety issue. We have all also offered to take turns taking him to doctor's appointments, trips to the pharmacy to pick up his medication, and to drive him to see his friends at the Cafe or at the gas station where all the old men congregate. We may get him a Jitterbug-type phone so if he's out somewhere and needs a ride home, he can call us and we will go get him.

Yeah, I flipped when my mom broke the news to me.
I'm so sorry, Dixie. :( I hope everything works out okay. Keep us posted!
I will try. The last I found out from a police officer that worked the scene said that the grandmother is in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
Thank you. It's been a rough week around here and we are taking it day by day.
Oh No!!! My heart goes out to you and your family! Your poor grandfather and the victim's family.
Thank you Shel.
Dixie, that's horrible. :hug:
I know, it's definitely something you read about in the news but you never think it will happen to you or your family.
Oh no...what a shock and a tragedy. So sorry to learn of this Dixie.
Yes, right now, we are worried for my grandfather, while at the same time we are trying to figure out if there is something we can or should do for the other family that would be appropriate.

That is tuff to deal with,Dixie. Things will get better.
Thanks Tim.

I am sorry hear your Dixe hope be you better right!
Thank you Travis.

Sorry to quote so much, but I wanted to get it all in one post if possible.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We're just taking this one day at a time and we are prepared to take my grandfather to the hospital if he has a complete mental breakdown. We've been told by other people who had similar things in their family happen say that the road isn't easy but that the best solution is to just take it a day at a time. If necessary, we may try to get my grandfather into counseling if we feel that he needs it.

Oh my goodness. That is the most difficult I have ever read the story. That is so horrible. I wish that it never happen to him like that. I don't know how you would able to deal with the lawsuit. I'm terribly sorry that you are stuck now. Perhaps, he has to go to Canada immediately to get away from the lawsuit. I think that every building should be set up shield fences like metal highway guardrails or cement poles because we have many elder baby boomers nowadays.

I just got done talking to my aunt and my mom and they said that my grandpa isn't having a good day with this. He's refusing his anxiety medication and he's been teary-eyed all day. Also it's been on the news and he gets even more upset when he sees it. We've told him it might be best to not watch the news for a few days, but he won't do that. He watches the news too much and always has. The phone at his house has been ringing off the hook all day and it sends him over the edge almost. My grandmother has been taking the phone calls and he's upset when she's on the phone a lot and he can't hear what's being said. So far, it's been people calling who are concerned and are asking how my grandpa is doing.

This is going to be a long hard-road for all of us. My extended family is coming here from Little Rock and other parts of the state to come check on my grandpa. I have a feeling that this is going to be a really hard weekend for us.

I just got done talking to my aunt and my mom and they said that my grandpa isn't having a good day with this. He's refusing his anxiety medication and he's been teary-eyed all day. Also it's been on the news and he gets even more upset when he sees it. We've told him it might be best to not watch the news for a few days, but he won't do that. He watches the news too much and always has. The phone at his house has been ringing off the hook all day and it sends him over the edge almost. My grandmother has been taking the phone calls and he's upset when she's on the phone a lot and he can't hear what's being said. So far, it's been people calling who are concerned and are asking how my grandpa is doing.

This is going to be a long hard-road for all of us. My extended family is coming here from Little Rock and other parts of the state to come check on my grandpa. I have a feeling that this is going to be a really hard weekend for us.

Stay strong and i will keep you and family in my thoughts and I'm sorry this happened at all. My heart goes out to you. :hug:

I hope be better soon anytime depend on how feeling best!

I'm so sorry, Dixie. :hug:

:hug: Dixie...your Grandpa will have some tough times ahead.

worked today on virtually no sleep. We were up most of the night hiding out in the basement due to on and off tornado warnings in our area from Lee. Also, the thunder, lightning and rain were just restlessness all night.

Today was calm so I though it was all over but as soon as the sun set, lightning starts up again and now it is thundering out there. Pls no more tornado warnings!!! Too stressful worrying about all the extreme weather elements at night.

worked today on virtually no sleep. We were up most of the night hiding out in the basement due to on and off tornado warnings in our area from Lee. Also, the thunder, lightning and rain were just restlessness all night.

Today was calm so I though it was all over but as soon as the sun set, lightning starts up again and now it is thundering out there. Pls no more tornado warnings!!! Too stressful worrying about all the extreme weather elements at night.

Hope be your safe your house and protect!! dont' want to chaos because scared reason worried and panic! happened!

Hope be your safe your house and protect!! dont' want to chaos because scared reason worried and panic! happened!

Thanks...my house has some minor floodingin the basement and a small roof damage from all the water. The insurance adjuster is coming on Sat so we will see from there.

Thanks...my house has some minor floodingin the basement and a small roof damage from all the water. The insurance adjuster is coming on Sat so we will see from there.

your welcome I Hope be your make sure everything safe your house hope be your protect check it weather!:wave:

I don't like to say this but... you and your family members should put him on "suicide watch". a family member being with him all the time and take turn.

better ask contractor to make your house "Category 3" ready and maybe get a generator.

sorry hear your hard to relationship because tough! complication!that is not easy!

Dang, Dixie.. hope your grandpa will be alright.. as for that kid.. ohh... really a terrible thing to happen.. wow...

Today started out good then I got blindsided this afternoon. I found out that my grandfather blacked out and drove through a pharmacy killing a six month old baby and severely injuring the child's grandmother.

I feel horrible for the family of the child, but I feel sick to my stomach that this had to happen to my grandfather. He never would have done this intentionally.

Dixie, my heart goes out to you and your family and the other families as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back