Pet Peeves

People that double park....people with a cart full of groceries in the 10-20 item checkout lane.....people with a full cart of food checked out, then they can't find their check book/debit card.....people that forget items...and say..."Hold the line....I'll be right back!"...and take 10-15 minutes to find the item, plus 10 more things!....

Hate when people think when the road we live off is a dumping ground for dogs. and when Hunters lose their dogs and do not retrieve them. Seems like several dogs are running loose.

Hate when people think when the road we live off is a dumping ground for dogs. and when Hunters lose their dogs and do not retrieve them. Seems like several dogs are running loose.

You just gave me another one! People who don't pick up after their dog doo! Especially on someone I know's lawn. Ugh!

Meh, maybe some of them had a justifiable reason to be angry.

I'm not talking about just yelling/honking and flipping a bird. I mean more like stopping a car in middle of road to confront a driver or recklessly operating a car in anger. Such act is never justifiable.

IMO- I believe it should be a felony in case of road rage where fight occurs or operating a car in reckless manner.

Time to dust off your rifle!

Time to dust off your rifle!

I would never shoot a dog unless it is attacking a person. Hunters usually find them in the woods eventually and pick them up. Deer season is now over and Turkey season is coming up.

Speaking of that, is anyone here peeved when people type "u" for "you"?
How about "yo" for hello?

:lol:

i actually say it in real life, not in type or text, and as for essay i never say didn't or don't, never i always write do not , or did not...but in conversational writing or more often in 'talkng' i'd use didn't or don't, or won't not 'would not' thats sound too stiff and it's a mouthful , SOMETIMES i might even write didnt or dont but rarely because im afraid it might be read for something else

huh? It's and its is inappropriate in formal essay writing?

It's is inappropriate in formal writing if you are using APA style... you are not allowed to use any type of contraction in APA. It's, she's, he's, they're, can't,... I always get counted off on my papers for this. Eventually I learned to just search for the apostrophe and check each time I used it to make sure it wasn't a contraction. Sometimes I forget to do the check though... *sigh*

I'm not talking about just yelling/honking and flipping a bird. I mean more like stopping a car in middle of road to confront a driver or recklessly operating a car in anger. Such act is never justifiable.

IMO- I believe it should be a felony in case of road rage where fight occurs or operating a car in reckless manner.

I have a REALLY funny story about this. One day, I was happily driving home from picking my hubby up from work. We got to a point in the road where two lanes merge into one. The truck beside me needed to merge and decided he wanted to get in front of me. I was like :cool2: I don't think so. I sped up. He sped up. I sped up... and he decided he was gonna be all big and macho... so he FLOORED the truck. Well, he had this crate of stuff in the back, and it FELL out! I heard stuff shattering... they had to hit their brakes, run out and get their stuff... My husband and I just turned and were like :giggle: as we passed them.

I laughed the entire drive home. And now, I'm laughing again until my stomach kinda hurts, just thinking about it!!!!!

Justice is a warm fuzzy feeling.

My pet peeves?

Professors who use class time to talk about their personal views, divorce drama, or just read a power point. Cuz, you know, college students can't read. :roll:

Tailgaters. A tailgater here killed someone this December... the first car was waiting to turn, when the tailgater hit him... the first car burst into flames, and killed the man inside. Now I am enraged when someone tailgates me. I play little games with them, like doing "brake checks" or waiting til there are LOTS of cars coming and then slowing down to like 20mph until there are no cars coming, and then speeding back up so they can't pass. :giggle:

People who wait until the LAST minute to try and merge into traffic, and expect you to let them in. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN. Wait your turn like everyone else. :pissed:

My pet peeves?

Professors who use class time to talk about their personal views, divorce drama, or just read a power point. Cuz, you know, college students can't read. :roll:

Tailgaters. A tailgater here killed someone this December... the first car was waiting to turn, when the tailgater hit him... the first car burst into flames, and killed the man inside. Now I am enraged when someone tailgates me. I play little games with them, like doing "brake checks" or waiting til there are LOTS of cars coming and then slowing down to like 20mph until there are no cars coming, and then speeding back up so they can't pass. :giggle:

People who wait until the LAST minute to try and merge into traffic, and expect you to let them in. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN. Wait your turn like everyone else. :pissed:

Aren't we suppose to be offensive drivers? Let them go. I do. It's not worth it. Many times and it's actually kind of funny because the person who cut me off usually ended up at the stoplight next to me. Being an offensive driver is really being safer in the long run.

I would never shoot a dog unless it is attacking a person. Hunters usually find them in the woods eventually and pick them up. Deer season is now over and Turkey season is coming up.

you don't have to shoot. just that you mean business.

Aren't we suppose to be offensive drivers? Let them go. I do. It's not worth it. Many times and it's actually kind of funny because the person who cut me off usually ended up at the stoplight next to me. Being an offensive driver is really being safer in the long run.

don't you mean DEFENSIVE driver?? OFFENSIVE driving means you're driving like a jerkwad.

As for the German kid - he NEEDS help, yes. Very, very, very badly. In fact it is time to cancel the Internet subscription and check him into an addiction program that deals specifically for gaming addiction. He also seems to have other psychological issues going on besides the Unreal Tournament game.

I have a REALLY funny story about this. One day, I was happily driving home from picking my hubby up from work. We got to a point in the road where two lanes merge into one. The truck beside me needed to merge and decided he wanted to get in front of me. I was like :cool2: I don't think so. I sped up. He sped up. I sped up... and he decided he was gonna be all big and macho... so he FLOORED the truck. Well, he had this crate of stuff in the back, and it FELL out! I heard stuff shattering... they had to hit their brakes, run out and get their stuff... My husband and I just turned and were like :giggle: as we passed them.

I laughed the entire drive home. And now, I'm laughing again until my stomach kinda hurts, just thinking about it!!!!!

Justice is a warm fuzzy feeling.

but... what if a family car behind them got startled and crashed?

I hate this kind of game and I just let the idiots go ahead of me because I have every power in my hands that can determine his fate, my fate, and everybody else's so by letting that moron pass me, he basically gets to live another day.

don't you mean DEFENSIVE driver?? OFFENSIVE driving means you're driving like a jerkwad.

As for the German kid - he NEEDS help, yes. Very, very, very badly. In fact it is time to cancel the Internet subscription and check him into an addiction program that deals specifically for gaming addiction. He also seems to have other psychological issues going on besides the Unreal Tournament game.

according to grapevine rumor, that video was staged :dunno:

btw - it's just "defensive driving".

according to grapevine rumor, that video was staged :dunno:

I thought of that as well, but was wondering if you would reveal if in fact it was or wasn't. Either way that type of behavior and destroying things doesn't even fly, staged or not.

I am sitting here thinking, where is that boy's parents???

If it was staged, he egged it on for sure.
If not, I hope he got help.

Back