Pet Peeves

• People in $50,000 automobiles that don't signal
  • People smoking with children in the car
  • People that need to pick through 100% of fruit to find the best one

:giggle:...I'm just the opposite...especially if the toilet paper has designs on them and someone puts it in the back and not the front....:giggle:...Was "correcting" one of my sons about it...and he gave me a dirty look and said...."does it realllllly matter that much?"....

So did you reply, "When you are a female and have to sit down and look at it as often as we do, yes!" lol

Traces of peanut butter in the jam jar and traces of jam in the peanut butter jar. Or worse...peanut butter and regular butter both the jam jar. Come on, people.

• People in $50,000 automobiles that don't signal
  • People smoking with children in the car
  • People that need to pick through 100% of fruit to find the best one

very similar here today, i was at my fav wine shop (posh one) with which the packing lots is always on affluent people in the post area, fairly busy much like the favourite corner shopping spots by the beach for the rich often found with 1 mins away from the exclusive beach spots in the city...or on the side of the city...
well, today i had to tell 2 rich women (1 in BMW convertable, other in bright yello Honda LEV of sort -probably a civic -ugly new jap car thats a french-wanna-be) both of them was going to scratch my car! while one trying to reverse but dont know how to drive it out STRAIGHT OUT not STRAIGHT ON ANGLE TO RIP thru my bumper!! and the other richer women leaves door open just to fiddle thru her make ups i growled.and both and they both stop shut door, and stop so i got out smoothly and left quietly but oh boy, RIch and expensive cars yet they cant even THINK about driving unbelivable!!

Sometimes the richest in town are so USELESS,- more to the point the most useless that i have ever seen.....i mean seriously....I mean like just because they can afford a Beemer convertabale or an environmentally-friendy trendy snobmobiles, doesn't mean they have the driving ability to actually retain their licences....grrr they piss me off....

I have two major pet peeves - stupid drivers in any shape or form, and people using the apostrophe to indicate plural, that seriously drives me up the wall!

like "My cat's get along really well together." I hit my head on the desk when i see this in an article on say the New York Times or some other established venerable institution.

And some what smaller grammar peeve is the whole it's/its thing. I can't help it, I do grit my teeth over this.

And of course, lastly but not least is when my son puts the empty milk container back in the fridge, thereby fooling me into thinking that when i get up at six in the morning, i have milk for my coffee only to find out, that no, I don't. Again.

It's now an inviolable rule in the house that there has to be enough milk left for mommy to have her coffee in the morning. It's as strictly enforced as curfew and homework.

Ok, I just realized this is more than 2 peeves.

It bugs me when people "talk" but don't do the "walk". Why bother say anything if you're not going to do anything.

I don't get it when people don't bother to look both ways before crossing the street or the parking lots. Who do they think they are? Queens/Kings?? NOT!! Do they care if they get run over? Apparently NOT!

People with a runny or sniffly nose. When they keep sniffing for 30 minutes in the library. I'm like get a tissue already!

Or worse, they pull up their shirt and wipe it under the collar, and/or on their sleeves. At least the situation has stopped. :ugh2:

People with a runny or sniffly nose. When they keep sniffing for 30 minutes in the library. I'm like get a tissue already!

Or worse, they pull up their shirt and wipe it under the collar, and/or on their sleeves. At least the situation has stopped. :ugh2:

And people who insist on socializing with you when they know they are very ill with a contagious illness!

(And then get mad when you sterilize your hands with anti bacterial wipes! ) :lol:

The look of utter shock on my high school kids' faces when they show up to class to "discovered" there's a test...even though we've been reviewing for it for two days and I clearly MARKED on the board that there's a test with the date of the test...

GRRRR! Makes me CRAZY!!!!

:giggle:...I'm just the opposite...especially if the toilet paper has designs on them and someone puts it in the back and not the front....:giggle:...Was "correcting" one of my sons about it...and he gave me a dirty look and said...."does it realllllly matter that much?"....

Did you say "Yes it does" ? (I'm with you on that one) :giggle:

On of my pet peeves is: When someone gets something out of your bag for instance such as a pen, pad and not put things back the way they found it or leaves the bag unzipped or does not give back what they borrowed immediately after using it.

It bugs me that news readers/reporters/hosts don't know that once a governor/president/speaker of the house/etc. is out of that political office they relinquish that title. I'm so tired of people referring to Speaker Gingrich, Gov. Huckabee, President Clinton, or Gov. Palin, as though they were still in office. Totally incorrect. :mad:

Oh man - that is the pits!! Also, when you can see that they have totally wet the seat and the floor in front. That's why I never use a public restroom ever.
I don't like public restrooms either but I can't hold it all day. :giggle:

On of my pet peeves is: When someone gets something out of your bag for instance such as a pen, pad and not put things back the way they found it or leaves the bag unzipped or does not give back what they borrowed immediately after using it.
People can actually find things in your bag? No one dares to search in mine. :lol:

people crowding around the self-serve soda machines at a fast-food joint.... Like come on guys, lemme get my drink! Do you really need to crowd around the machines for more than 5 minutes?

Also, when I am somewhere ordering food and they are making your food in front of you. ie: Subway They cough into their hands because they are covering their mouth and then TOUCH THE FOOD.. I've walked out of Subway when seeing this before.

You just reminded me of when I first moved to Montreal 20 years ago when smoking was permitted everywhere - I went to a grocery store and asked the deli guy to slice some lunchmeat. When the ash from his cigarette fell on the piles of slices, I walked out.

Back