Octuplets' grandmother faces foreclosure threat

ncff07

Resident Punk Ass
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The grandmother of California's newborn octuplets faces the threat of foreclosure on the house she has shared with her daughter and six of her grandchildren, property records revealed on Wednesday.

According to a mortgage default notice filed last week with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's Office, Angela Suleman is more than $23,000 behind in payments on her house in the Los Angeles suburb of Whittier, an agency spokesman said.

The default notice was first made public when a copy of the document, giving Suleman three months to settle her debt in order to avoid foreclosure, was posted on the celebrity news website TMZ.com.

The papers indicate Suleman last made a payment on the three-bedroom house in May 2008 and has filed for bankruptcy.

Texas-based debt collection agency NDEx West, operating on behalf of mortgage lender IndyMac Federal Bank, declined comment and Suleman could not immediately be reached for comment.

Her daughter, Nadya, 33, jobless and receiving food stamps, drew international headlines and a torrent of public ridicule after giving birth January 26 to octuplets conceived through in vitro fertilization.

That criticism intensified when it was learned she already had six children, ages 2 to 7, that she was collecting disability checks for three of them, and that they all were living with the grandmother.

Angela Suleman also has complained publicly of the financial burden and voiced skepticism about her daughter's ability to care for 14 children.

The public backlash grew so hostile that Nadya Suleman -- dubbed "octo-mom" in the tabloid press -- went into seclusion with her six older kids last week due to death threats, according to a publicity firm hired by the family.

Spokesman Michael Furtney, whose firm has since severed ties with Suleman because of the threats, said she and her children recently moved back in with the grandmother.

Octuplets' grandmother faces foreclosure threat - Yahoo! News

Octuplets' Family Facing Foreclosure Threat

Octoplets mom Nadya Suleman and her 6 other children may soon be homeless.

Los Angeles County property records indicate the home they live in went into mortgage default on Feb. 9 after non-payment for 10 months. The home in Whittier is owned by Angela Suleman, the grandmother of the octuplets.

The default notice shows Angela Suleman is $23,225 behind in her mortgage payments and that the house could be sold at auction beginning May 5.

However, the mother of 14 may have more time to help with the repayments after the bank official said the sale could still be delayed by the discretion of her lender, IndyMac Federal Bank of Pasadena.

"We take these things one case at a time — there's no shortage of people struggling to make their mortgage payments right now," an Indymac representative said.

"Roughly more than 10 percent of our customers are 60 or more days behind."

Angela Suleman's phone has been disconnected and she could not be immediately reached for comment.

Related StoriesPR Firm Drops 'Octomom' Amid Death Threats, Others Not Interested Octuplets' Grandma Ends Spat With Daughter, Will Help Raise Babies Octuplets' Mom: I Haven't Had Sex in 8 Years, I Don't Plan on Dating for 18 More Octuplets' Mom On Welfare, Spokesman Confirms Spokeswoman: Octuplets' Mom Wants to Tell 'Amazing' Story Her daughter, Nadya, 33, jobless and receiving food stamps, drew international headlines and a torrent of public ridicule after giving birth January 26 to octuplets conceived through in vitro fertilization.

That criticism intensified when it was learned she already had six children, ages 2 to 7, that she was collecting disability checks for three of them, and that they all were living with the grandmother.

sooner she stops helping that retard daughter of hers the faster she'll get back on track.

I'm not going to excuse for what the octo-mom did with making an error in her judgment but however, I have to say - It's really sad to see all of boils down to this.

I'm not going to excuse for what the octo-mom did with making an error in her judgment but however, I have to say - It's really sad to see all of boils down to this.

Yes, it is really sad. Also all the negative views and death threats are equally sad.

When I talked about having child abusers steralized some people got offended. But it's ok for people to talk about Nadya Sulman being steralized. (Not that I'm disagreeing in this case because of her compulsion for creating babies). I just find it curious that people show more compassion for child abusers then they do for Nadia Sulemen. That I find very strange.

This woman is a poster child for the reason why people like her should never have babies she is a moron 14 kids no job, no husband to support her what was she thinking? She thinks its okay to get knocked up and have others to help her take care of all these kids where does the insanity stop? I honestly think the doctors who helped her do this were the enablers.

Nadya had no place whatsoever to even consider IVF. There should be something that says if you are on state assistance or have been on state assistance within the past 5 years, you are automatically disqualified for IVF.

I am 100% for sterilization of women who do this very thing. Morons should not bear children, period.

I am sure she's getting help. The media has taken over putting her on the spot light regarding all her dilemmas, her kids and now, the house in foreclosure. I agree, there was poor decisions on her part. I don't see the children going into the hands of adoption or welfare, it would just create more issues where money is concerned. If these babies and the other six children were to enter the system of foster care, it takes money to support them. The large amounts money would be distributed to the foster care parents to care for the well being of the children. I just think she's better off keeping them its her responsiblity to care for the well being of ALL the children. I have seen Dr. Phil shows recently about Nayda Suleman and her story.

This is why she never should have had those kids in the first place. :nono:

Back