Octuplets' grandmother faces foreclosure threat

Octuplets' mom fires free nursing service
Octuplets' mom fires free nursing service - CNN.com

Nadya Suleman, the Southern California woman who gave birth to octuplets in January, has fired a nonprofit group of nurses charged with helping care for her children, CNN affiliate KTLA has reported.

Suleman accused the nurses, from a group called Angels in Waiting, of spying on her to report her to child-welfare authorities, the affiliate reported Monday.

The group was working for free, the affiliate said. Suleman instead will rely on nurses whom she is paying, Suleman's attorney said.

She now has four of the octuplets at home, along with her six other children. The other octuplets remain in a hospital, which is discharging them two at a time to ease the adjustment.

Suleman -- already a single mother with six young children -- gave birth to the octuplets through in-vitro fertilization, fueling controversy. News of her collecting public assistance for some of her children also outraged many taxpayers.

She has not identified the father of the children, but spoke about him in a new video released on RadarOnline.com. Watch Suleman describe donor »

He is a foreign-born man who lives in California and is the father of all 14 of her children, Suleman said.

The man was angry when she told him that she was having eight more children, she said.

"He was angry at the doctor, like everyone else," Suleman said. "He is a good friend -- a platonic friend. We would not be very compatible. As far as I am concerned, I would never disclose who he is."

At one point in the video, a child's voice can be heard asking Suleman the man's name.

She did not answer.

oh wow!

I am sick of reading mean spirited comments about this poor woman. There is no need to steralize her or take away her children. I'd rather people's tax's went to funding the octomom rather then immoral research using embryo's or animals. Or the meat and dairy industry. In fact there are so many ways in which the government wastes our money.

Get over this poor woman and leave her in peace. After all she may have made a mistake in having this treatment done with 6 kid's already, but she kept ALL the baby and brought them all to term and now they are all live and healthy which I think is GREAT!

I am sick of reading mean spirited comments about this poor woman. There is no need to steralize her or take away her children. I'd rather people's tax's went to funding the octomom rather then immoral research using embryo's or animals. Or the meat and dairy industry. In fact there are so many ways in which the government wastes our money.

Get over this poor woman and leave her in peace. After all she may have made a mistake in having this treatment done with 6 kid's already, but she kept ALL the baby and brought them all to term and now they are all live and healthy which I think is GREAT!
That is my money goes to her, hell i have right to be pissed off at her. I am working my ass off to save money to pay tax so she can enjoy spending my money on her children while I struggle to make living around here and cant spend fun money anymore so other people alike her to get money out of my pocket. Poor her no. poor her children yes, I feel sorry for her children.

"[They're] externalizing their anger. Internalizing it. They become more withdrawn and get a little more sad," Suleman tells the show. "One of my kids for a while, I noticed, he didn't want to deal with the reality of what's going on. I noticed some tears coming down his face. I held him for ten minutes and he held me back and that's all he needed."

Ten minutes was all he needed? You gotta be kidding me! Kids need their parents much longer than that!!!

I feel sorry for all of the kids and even the new babies. :(

:ty: Tousi.

My cousin recently got caught selling her food stamps, she is ineligible for government assistance of any kind for 5 years now, maybe this will be a wake up call that she needs to get her act together and FAST if she plans on keeping her children because as it stands there is enough evidence for CPS to come and at least investigate, and I'm sure there is enough damning evidence to have the kids taken away, its just not out in the open for the neighbors to see.

She's due at the end of this month, She needs to be looking NOW to find a daycare to enroll ALL children into, and find a job and tell them she can start as soon as the doctor releases her, which can be anywhere from 6-8 weeks. People like her should undergo a mental evaluation just to find out what goes through their heads.

Your cousin is obviously not very bright. I'm sorry to have to say that, but that's my honest opinion. Sorry if it offends you. How was she selling her food stamps? Trading them for cash, or what? And how was she caught? I bet she called you weeping about how she got caught. I would have told her "too bad, get your ass to work already and make yourself useful!"

I feel sorry for her children and the baby that is due at the end of the month.

Before people complain about the supposed high cost of social services, remember that the defense budget ALWAYS dwarfs those costs.

Stories like this only serve to distract people. Don't get distracted.

Before people complain about the supposed high cost of social services, remember that the defense budget ALWAYS dwarfs those costs.

Stories like this only serve to distract people. Don't get distracted.

Wow! We've finally found a subject we agree on.

Your cousin is obviously not very bright. I'm sorry to have to say that, but that's my honest opinion. Sorry if it offends you. How was she selling her food stamps? Trading them for cash, or what? And how was she caught? I bet she called you weeping about how she got caught. I would have told her "too bad, get your ass to work already and make yourself useful!"

I feel sorry for her children and the baby that is due at the end of the month.

Nah, not offended at all, everyone in the family has the same opinion of her, some just tolerate her better than others. She was selling her foodstamps by having people pay her $50 to use her foodstamp card to buy groceries with. What she was wanting to do was get cold hard-cash so she could eat-out everynight instead of having to cook. She's come through my line a couple of times at Wal-Mart and each time she complains of being broke. I just drop nice little hints that she needs to get a job with benefits, get all the kids on the insurance, get her an income based apartment (which is impossible for her as she's lied more than once about her income and got caught). Right now we're hoping that she's gotten herself 'fixed'.

She has 3 kids but has not a clue as how to take care of a child under a year of age. Her oldest stayed with friends the first year of his life, her middle stayed with her grandmother for the first year of her life, and now the youngest has recently been born and is staying with the grandmother as well.

As for sterilization, what I meant is that it would be cheaper for the taxpayers if the state paid to have single moms of multiple children on state assistance to have themselves sterilized than to pay for more children to live on welfare. The criteria for this kind of state-paid spay would be that the mother already has 3 children out of wedlock, has income at or below the poverty level, and her children are on state medical insurance, and the mother is receiving other state assistance such as WIC, Food Stamps, Utility Payment Assistance, Housing Assistance, and other government programs geared towards low-income families. The idea is to stop women like my cousin and Nadya Suleman from continuing to have unprotected sex and fail to use common sense all at the taxpayers expense. What's happening is we're putting children in a bad situation and allowing it to be OK'd, when the reality is its flat out UNETHICAL! If you are unable to care of the children you've already got, then you have no business having more!

BTW- Dr. Phil said he's done with Nadya, he's done everything he can to help her but she is still expecting everything to be given to her. She even fired the free help he gave her! These kids went from a bad situation to a worse one I'm afraid. I suspect that Nadya will lose the octuplets and possibly the other children before the year's over with.

Nadya and my cousin fall into the BREEDER catagory. I'm sorry if anyone finds my comments offensive towards Nadya, but she absolutely did not use common sense. I don't think she fully understands what she has done, and probably never will. Something tells me she was on the short bus, because the way she acts and uses words, she really doesn't comprehend the entire situation. If she did, she would have taken measures and action before hand to lessen the blow she knew she was about to face. She had 9 months to get it together and figure out a plan. But she didn't. Lollied around the entire time believing that everything would be OK. Instead of getting a job, she literally begs for money over the internet. She's a poor beggar for Christ's sake! And she's just had 8 kids at OUR expense - by IVF. Poor beggar's with multiple children shouldn't even be able to afford the bus ticket to the abortion clinic let alone the procedure itself.

For now I'm shutting up before I land my keister in a pot of boiling water. But those are my opinions of the situation.

Back