Must put our cat to sleep!

IndieVisible

Reaction score
I am very sad about this, she is my favorite and most loyal cat who use to sleep with me and purr out loud enough for me to hear as she licked my arm. The past year she has had none stop diarea we tried every thing. Vet said most likely a cancer. She runs poop all over the house, too hard to keep up with tho my wife and I tried for 1 year. Now we must put her to sleep, it's too hard on us. I am sad. I will most likely be the one to take her to vet and hold her and pet her while they give her shot. Any one else have to put loyal pet to sleep before it's time?

This may be a helpful link for others,
http://www.messybeast.com/euth.htm

Last edited:
Sorry to hear :(

I had to give up my dog (small mixed lab dog) to SPCA when no one would take him in when I went to college. Rumors are that SPCA will put any animals that did not get adoption for more than 6 months. :mad:

aww im so sorry that you tried everything. so if vet thinks its a cancer for sure??? its been a year?? if vet thinks if your cat is suffering too long. Look like its time for your cat to be in peace. :tear:

i have never experienced putting cats to sleep yet. *knock on wood* I had cats all my life, some of them never came home, or got sick from eating the rat poision and dead in the basement.

I am so sorry. i have three cats. i know how you feel. :(

Vet can not say for sure with out surgery. Too expensive we can not afford, and likely to be more expenses after surgery too. She has been pooping watery pasty for past year. Lost a lot of weight too. Hard to say if in pain or suffering except I know she is sad not happy like she use to be. She must be kept in cage when we sleep or else tracks poop all over house. It is sad. But no other solution. I want to be last person she see's, it's the least I can do. Her name is Dusty. Very loving loyal cat.

yes i know the feeling about the vet bills. Vet bills always piss me off. *sigh* do what you think its the best thing for your dusty not to be in pain anymore. i am very sorry about it.

Sorry to hear about that.

I've had 2 favorite dogs that were put to sleep before their time.

One had bone cancer in her shoulder. She was in constant pain. There was nothing we could do. So, we put her to sleep.

Another had seizures and was breaking things around the house because of his uncontrollable shakes. He was also peeing all over during those seizures. Again, there was nothing else we could do for him. So, we put him to sleep. :(

Is it crazy to wonder what happens to animals when they die? I believe in life after for people, heaven or whatever it is, I believe in God. But have no clue what to think about animals. What do you all think?

[mod's note: 1st paragraph removed]

IndieVisible,

My sympathies to you at this time. Remember the good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your Cat. Do remember the good times.

I am very sad about this, she is my favorite and most loyal cat who use to sleep with me and purr out loud enough for me to hear as she licked my arm. The past year she has had none stop diarea we tried every thing. Vet said most likely a cancer. She runs poop all over the house, too hard to keep up with tho my wife and I tried for 1 year. Now we must put her to sleep, it's too hard on us. I am sad. I will most likely be the one to take her to vet and hold her and pet her while they give her shot. Any one else have to put loyal pet to sleep before it's time?

Time To Let Go - Euthanasia and Pet Bereavement

I really understand how you feel. About 11 yrs ago, I made the decision to put our beloved yorkie to sleep a week before Christmas. He was born with neurological issues and was having non stop strokes and seizures. He was 10 yrs old and we didn't think he'd live that long. There was nothing we could do, so I decided to just let him go. It was too hard to watch him suffer like that. My Mother wanted to wait until after Christmas, but I said no. We put my little guy to sleep on Dec 18th, 1997. :(

I'm very sorry. It hurts.

Did you know that you have the options to be present or not be present? did you know that they sell private cremation where they cremate and give you a beautiful wooden box with ashes inside? It cost more but just wanted you to be aware of it. you can either bring it home and bury your cat, get wooden box or they take care of it.

It is very hard to deal with the beloved one.

I'm a vet tech.. I deal with those things every day. Its hard but there would be no more suffering. your cat can rest in peace. I always thought there was dog and cat heaven. I'd like to think there is.

I'm very sorry. If you want, you can PM me.

im sorry to hear

i had adopt my 3 old cats and they learn hard going potty at litterboxes that not so easy! but they talent 100% but im hates see away when im moves to NLR,Ar (North Little Rock,Ar) but im begged my mom about i wanted another one of cats somedays but my mom says NO! because of bugs,roach in the house i hates her crap rules!

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss of the cat. Keep up with good thoughts of your life with the beloved cat. :hug: :(

Time To Let Go - Euthanasia and Pet Bereavement

I know how you feel go through grief processing loss of your favorite pet. I love my cats so much Pumpkin, Griefild and Cleo. It just like a human. I loss my recently Dad last Wednesday. :cry:

I am sorry to hear that. I too went thru it with my beloved dog *pomeranian* Tiny Boy to sleep. It wasnt easy but knowing that he will be rest in peace.

Here the link that you can check into Rainbows Bridge Home Page

I know how you feel go through grief processing loss of your favorite pet. I love my cats so much Pumpkin, Griefild and Cleo. It just like a human. I loss my recently Dad last Wednesday. :cry:

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's loss. Please accept my condolences. :hug:

well i wouldm like to share my . my frist dog dies from goomer. and it was on my mother birthday and same time my grandfather dies from cancer . anyway i beg mom to take her to hair but 9 for a two week 0 because every time she go poop her hair got stuck i have to take her bath to clean that poop on her butt . finnlay she took her then in an hour later my mother got called that dog was are die from hang and mom was cried so hard because she was been with us from baby to 7 year with us then she came and friend of my gave cpr to see if she can live again but after that they say her neck is snap

two dog gommer are very idoit that took her bath and set on table with collar and hook her and left her alone she scare and i know she fell and dies . we got other dog and she make sure she is next to the dog !

Did you know that you have the options to be present or not be present? did you know that they sell private cremation where they cremate and give you a beautiful wooden box with ashes inside? It cost more but just wanted you to be aware of it. you can either bring it home and bury your cat, get wooden box or they take care of it.

It is very hard to deal with the beloved one.

I'm a vet tech.. I deal with those things every day. Its hard but there would be no more suffering. your cat can rest in peace. I always thought there was dog and cat heaven. I'd like to think there is.

I'm very sorry. If you want, you can PM me.

I will be present up to the last minute. The least I can do is have some one who loved her present during this final act. I just wish we had the money for exploritory surgery. But even then the vet said there could be nothing he could do. It is most troubling for me. But we have been dealing with the constant dripping of diariea around the house for a year and my wife can no longer take it. Also Dusty does not look happy too. She has lost a lot of weight and is constantly trying to groom herself free of all the poop on her.

Tomorrow is the day. 9:45am. I spoiled her yesterday and will spoil her today as well. The only good thing I can say out of this is at least she will go peacefully and with me there. There are worse ways for a cat to go.

Thanks every one!

Very sorry for your loss too!

Back