I have a bit VENT

Mizzou

Reaction score
I know my english will changing at the end..... warns you....

I was thinking and little upset about this because I been quiet person and not talk much. I read different treads in another forums and people in real life. They notice me as DUMB and MUTE because I am not talk lot or not want to be involved. They never know I would like to be involved with them if they welcome me nicely. Some ladies would not come to me because I am man! I am not man... HELLO!! I am man that ADD wo in frist letters. :ugh: I would go enter to the chatroom and they would want to blow me off because of what I type like forgien language or ASL language. Well, I try to understand their language so I can do common with them but seems not work. I sit there and wait till I find someone I know then I will chat with them. Let people see what I am saying like common same with them. :ugh: That make me :pissed: Other than that, I goto forums in another site and I tread to welcome myself there and guess what no one answer my tread! Is it because I am deaf ?? Is it because I am DUMB ?? Oh please! What I can do with that??? What is wrong with my speak or sign language?? Is it sloppy language ?? *Fly Free* dont say that! :pissed: :pissed: with them! I been raised into hearing world and learning deaf world.... ofc try my best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing personal.

Hi MizzDeaf ...

I can understand you perfectly fine. :) No one is perfect with their English or how to spell some long words. I am not 100% perfect in spelling some long words.

You are doing great ! Just be yourself and that's what it counts! ;)

To keep your spirits up - whenever you are getting grief on chats - just consider this little tidbit (that is on the side of my computer at work):

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aimznag, huh?

:mrgreen:

I see nothing wrong with you. Not everyone replies to posts. I've been part of AllDeaf for two years and there are a few thread that I've created that no one answered. I admit that I might make a few boring or irrelevant threads.... but I don't care. All that matters is that I'm still here. You're still here so be happy you're here. Youve got friends. If someone doesn't talk to you, then that person probably doesn't want to be your friend. It's like they say, "There are plenty of fishes in the ocean." If you can't be friends with one person, don't let that stop you from making other friends.

Don't worry, MizzDeaf. Look at me. Some people don't take me too seriously or ingore my threads which I posted on AD or other forums. Do I care? No. If the people criticize you for your grammar problem, don't bother them. Don't worry about your English grammar. I have some friends who have difficult with their writing skills. My English grammar is not perfect either. Keep your chin up and ingore the idiots.

MIzz Deaf do not worry abt that no one asked u to be perfect no one asked u to bow down to them no one asked u to talk thier world all u should be is yrself u can do anything and anyway however you see fit U can do anything ur heart is set SO what if they think less of u yr the better of them all u stood up for yrself and belive in urself so its' OK do not worry abt them and look at me im a bad sheep but do i let it get to me no i just basically do my own thing and my typing of spelling OH LORD im the world's worse one! So just be yrself ur gonna be ok :) We all have our own choice of english thats fine with us we didn t ask to be perfect its OK :)

Hugs to u Mizz Deaf :)

aww mizzy i know u being very quiet person most of times back in high school, dont worry and nothing wrong with that. I think your lucky since ya dont have to involved with shits ya know what i mean the "dramas" unlike in other unless topics....

Just keep peace of mind that main thing and just dont give a damn about what others think of you. I think you are smart lady.

Mizz Deaf, I truly know how you feel , you see it was like that in another forum , a few would pick on my sister and I for our high school grammer and sometimes they said we don't make sense, can't spell words or don't belong in whatever thread cause we don't know anything, It sure did hurt at first then we knew we didn't belong in that forum, so we quit ( which we should have ignore them ) but however not everyone can be nice and friendly.....

I understand you perfectly, and I could never pick on anyone for their grammer or for whatever reason, everyone is different in alot of ways....

Just be yourself sweetie! :kiss: :grouphug:

I know how you feel. Those people must be snobby.

I don´t care either who they are because I accept them. I have no problem to understand any of your posts.

Remember, that nobody are prefect with those grammars. Who care about grammar?

Shiva said:
aww mizzy i know u being very quiet person most of times back in high school, dont worry and nothing wrong with that. I think your lucky since ya dont have to involved with shits ya know what i mean the "dramas" unlike in other unless topics....

Just keep peace of mind that main thing and just dont give a damn about what others think of you. I think you are smart lady.

You are right - I did not take thier shits or drama.... jsut nod my head or say something different. ;) That true I was quiet all my life even in school years. :)

:cuddle: MizzDeaf --

i can feel ur frustration -- i sometimes would feel that way on occasions -- hell if ppl thinks im "dumb" or otherwise let them think that way after all its their opinion right qq those are the types of ppl i would know arent really friends and would just call them "acquaintences" -- my english is sometimes not always that great either especially when i dont seem to make any sense which has happened on occasions too -- dont worry hon -- u be urself the way u are and yes i know u are the quieter one of us 2 and theres a balance right qq (like the ying-yang)

as for the other forums u have made threads in -- sometimes ppl just dont answer the thread at all -- i once made a thread in a forum somewhere and that thread just died right then and there -- oh well i think everybody who starts a thread has at least one thread that just simply doesnt have any answers posted on there or any other comments --

:ily: MizzDeaf gurl and u know it!

Forum is a forum...all that I care...don't expect anyone to answer in a thread....depends on their interests...be happy and don't worry. :D

same here I don't really care if they don't get what I say here or in other forum I just ignore them but eh.. just don't worry be blessed that u have friends to chat with fewer the friends is the best than havin alot of friends or bein popular here eh.. just have fun posting and ingore the idiots like I agree with oddball ;)

Great vent, mizzdeaf :) Let that light shine through you!

WHOA! i do uddy how ur feeling.. also good put post here so ur chest needed get out of and feel better... :D

I undy, how much you really quite vent well .. you have to rights saying..
I felt that ADers nobody wants being friend w/me.. I do not mind at all..
Just I wanted to be enjoy posting and listening everyones' comment.

:thumb:

MizzDeaf,

There is nothing wrong with being a quiet person and having someone you have something in Common with to Chat so you have something to say back to them. I do not see anything wrong with that at all, because you know what? u are just being who you are and with the english grammer I never noticed you had a problem and I really do not pay no attention who is better or who isn't because we all are people and we have our own way of speaking words or trying to say what we want to say. Don't worry about what other think of you, If they do not like the "real" you then that's their Lost.

And for the Thread part, Some do not answer mine much either heh heh...(been there sweetie) :D

Just hang in there. :P

I would go enter to the chatroom and they would want to blow me off because of what I type like forgien language or ASL language. Well, I try to understand their language so I can do common with them but seems not work. I sit there and wait till I find someone I know then I will chat with them. Let people see what I am saying like common same with them. That make me Other than that, I goto forums in another site and I tread to welcome myself there and guess what no one answer my tread! Is it because I am deaf ?? Is it because I am DUMB ?? Oh please! What I can do with that??? What is wrong with my speak or sign language?? Is it sloppy language ?? *
Some people are so snotty. I have noticed that there are oralists who look down on us Deafies b/c some of us aren't totally fluent in English. I'll admit, there is definitly odd syntax and grammer used here, but most of the time I can understand what the person's saying. Besides even many oralists have crappy English language skills. It's not just us Signers...matter of fact I think the only dhh population that doesn't have a problem with English are Cuers.
I am a VERY anal editor type and most of the syntaxical and grammartical errors here really don't bother me too much. The reason Deaf people have a poor grasp of English is that they approach it as a SECOND language. Research has clearly and consistantly indicated that Deaf people make the same sort of grammertical and syntaxial errors as do speakers of other languages! Matter of fact, I have been in forums where there have been a lot of native speakers of other languages and a lot of their postings make some of the postings here look like grand high literature!

All of us are in same boat. Fuck them if they complain about your english, I can understand you perfectly without any troubles.

I am a mod at number of communities, they know that english isn't my first language (ASL is) and they often are helping me with correcting the grammar and such or didn't have any complains toward my English (well, some people do but they realized that english isn't my first language and they SHOULD know that english is not world-wide or universal language).

Just be yourself and try your best, just like some of us :)

Edit: Oh by the way, hearing people have worse english than we do in many areas. I spent quite lots of time with them for few years now thru net and social life, I realized that deafies have better english than many of these people (even though, several hearing pals I know admitted me that we did with english better than they did with english so DEAF POWER)

Last edited:
Back