I have a bit VENT

Interesting -- It been english in alll my life but ASL is easy to talk with but be careful with hearing ppl. They not know ASL alike but ofc english is not always perfect. :)

MizzDeaf said:
You are right - I did not take thier shits or drama.... jsut nod my head or say something different. ;) That true I was quiet all my life even in school years. :)

I envy you that you are quiet person. I am a Queen Dramize to make people to think that I am pathetic. ;)

Just Kidding !

deafdyke said:
Besides even many oralists have crappy English language skills.
This is sooo true! I am not deaf, but I have been trying to learn sign language. I'm sorry that people made you feel like you didn't belong, Mizzdeaf. I agree with the others, though, and think that you should just ignore people like that. I know that is easier said than done, though.

I also want to say that a lot of hearing people don't understand that for many Deaf/HOH English is a second language. That doesn't excuse rude behavior, though. It just might help explain it. Also, I want to say that in all of my learning of sign NO ONE has made me feel bad or stupid for signing wrong or slowly. I'm sorry that some hearing people don't have the same respect that so many Deaf/ HOH people have shown to me.
[/my 2 cents]

Oh by the way, hearing people have worse english than we do in many areas.
Yes, not all hearies are good writers. (and not just learning disabled folks!) Ask any college professor or teacher. Hell, there are hearing people on some of my listservs who write so badly that it makes you want to say " Would it KILL you to write something coherent?"

alright alright.... there is no hide -- just a tread for their comments... ok ??

Hey -- sorry, you would think I have problem with english or anything.. I was just vent to see how your comments. Sorry, for miscommuncation. Thanks for your support with my vent. I hope this tread can contuine with your posts without my name. Thanks again. :)

Back