I Adopted a CAT that had her leg amputated

JeepGirl

Reaction score
The Vet Dr was driving on the way to work and something caught him off-guard on the side of the road and he decided to turn back. He saw a cat hanging up-side down like she was stuck in a branch. The dr got her down and brought her to the vet. As they were waiting to hear if someone had called about a missing cat but nobody called. The dr went ahead to do bloodwork and xrays to see if her leg had been broken. There was no broken bones but unfortunetly the back leg wasn't getting any blood circulation. The dr decided to amputate and give it up for adoption. I was told that alot of people don't like to adopt *handicapped* animals due to health reasons. So, I told them I wanted to adopt her so I did.

Her name is Jade and here's a pix of her.. Please be aware that It will show where she had stitches and no leg. I'm going to enclose a pix of Smokey the dog and my Orange tabby cat, Furby. I'm a "mom" of 3 pets!

1003382tp7.jpg

1003391rj2.jpg

1003385xq3.jpg

1003380oz6.jpg

Aww beautiful cat!! ....You got a great heart RebelGirl :hug:

Aww RebelGirl, that is soo kind of you to adopt a nice cat with three legs. You are a soft heart person for animals. I hope she will give you many years of happiness.

Awwww what a sweetheart of you!!! They are all cute no matter what! Smokey so cute in his coat! :) My dog HATES it! Kitties always cute! :giggle:

You have a big heart for animals!!! :)

Awwwwwwwwww I would do that same thing as you did. :hug: Thanks for bringing home a sweetheart cat to your warm home.

I am sure your new cat will know that you are deaf and will understand what you are going thru. :D

Bless your heart--definitely there's spots in your heart that isn't rebel-like! :lol: (j/k-- ;) ) Sure hope it works out real well and the three pets you do have now will get along with one another.

We have a couple of 'kittys' up for adoption-- :D No? Shucks, at least I tried-- :cool:

*off-topic*

Really, we do have two and one cat that needs to find a new home--reason is, we would love to be able to make room for a dog--it just would be too much having 6 cats and a dog.

~RR

Oh awwwww so cute bless you.... i am sure she will bring you lots of happiness for many year to come .. thank you for show us this beautiful pictures of your pets.

:wave:

Awww You are Jade's saver, and I am sure she will be glad for you and your daughter to give her a lot of cuddle loves and kissing...

i had babysitter for her daughter, she bring the cat and i saw it.. it made my heart melt cuz of sooo beautiful!!!! i wish have her but i cant cuz of my apt not allow pets :(

Awwwwwwwww... beauitful cat you got there, I love the colors on her, I can see that she is missing a leg, how sad. :( I'm glad her life was saved that day. You got a great heart also, and that cat got a second chance at life and at love. ;)

Awwww what a beautfil cat! and glad that you save her's life since no one wanna her.. glad that you did right things to adopted a cat since you're good heart :)

Awww, Rebelgirl. You sure have heart for saving that cat. She'll manage it fine with 3 legs for sure.

;)

aww so beautiful cat u have.. Glad u adopted her! She needs alot of love from you and ur daughter, of course from your cat and dog too. U are the life saver!!! ;hug:

Rebel, how do she handle with 3 legs? I know most of animals handle with it very well. Very rare to see some that arent handle with it.

RedheadGrrl, Yes they are very adapt with 3 legs very well, but not big animals like Horse etc..

Bless your heart!!! RebelGirl... I do the same.. but unforunately i cant keep unless we own ranch! :dnace: lol
hehe..

Back