I Adopted a CAT that had her leg amputated

I am not in the surgery area to assist the surgeons .. mostly from the large window or the door .. eww but gotten used to it . Just passed the sterilized stuffs to the top techs and blah blah. Must memorize the name of tools etc .. what a fun! always been busy. Good to know that you work at the vet too!

She is ADORABLE!! I too would love to adopt 'handicapped' pets. I don't know why people disregard them. A pet is a pet, they love YOU regardless!!!

I am not in the surgery area to assist the surgeons .. mostly from the large window or the door .. eww but gotten used to it . Just passed the sterilized stuffs to the top techs and blah blah. Must memorize the name of tools etc .. what a fun! always been busy. Good to know that you work at the vet too!
I'm not there yet... but I'm getting to know more things now but still have a lot to learn.

She is ADORABLE!! I too would love to adopt 'handicapped' pets. I don't know why people disregard them. A pet is a pet, they love YOU regardless!!!
right.. its like throwing me away in the trash.. ya know.. I'm deaf and i'm like a trash to them.. *scoff* but I understand that they don't understand what its like to have a handicap person or be one themself. I have a Tech that adopted 3 pets .. all are 3 legged animals. She adopted them because they're the same as normal and wasn't neccessarily to be enthunize (sp)

I'm not there yet... but I'm getting to know more things now but still have a lot to learn.

Did you know that there is a Deaf Veterinarian who currently works in Rochester, NY. I met her a several years ago. Her name is Dr. Kim Davis. She grew up in the Deaf family.

Awww that is very beautiful cat.

That "shave" looks recent. Will that grow back to normal?

It's sad that this happened to that cat, but it's a good thing that there's someone like you that still cares. :)

First time I read this thread.

This torteshell cat is very lucky to have you as a new Owner, your one of the rare people - heart of Gold.

Thank you thats real wonderful of you to give your cat a lots of love and hugs.
I like that!

Did you know that there is a Deaf Veterinarian who currently works in Rochester, NY. I met her a several years ago. Her name is Dr. Kim Davis. She grew up in the Deaf family.

I didn't know there was a deaf veterinarian doctor. Very impressive!

That "shave" looks recent. Will that grow back to normal?

It's sad that this happened to that cat, but it's a good thing that there's someone like you that still cares. :)
She had the surgery last thursday so its freshly shaved. It'll grow back to normal in a couple of months or so. Since she's long haired, it'll take a while. and thank you very much! hugs

First time I read this thread.

This torteshell cat is very lucky to have you as a new Owner, your one of the rare people - heart of Gold.

Thank you thats real wonderful of you to give your cat a lots of love and hugs.
I like that!

thank you opal for the wonderful comment!

The cat is very blessed that Rebelgirl is a wonderful owner!

One time I posted The Mass List_Terp announcement about the Deaf and Blind (HH and legally blind-poor perception) cat Bianca who needs a new home. She had been at the no kill shelter for a several months! I had to find her new home immediately. I wanted to adopt her but two cats are here with me. A week later ... Boom! She got adopted by the Deaf couple near my home!
She is a siamese mixed ... a beeeeautiful cat! I occassionally visit her.
Bianca won't be able to jump high alot because of her poor eyesight.

The cat is very blessed that Rebelgirl is a wonderful owner!

One time I posted The Mass List_Terp announcement about the Deaf and Blind (HH and legally blind-poor perception) cat Bianca who needs a new home. She had been at the no kill shelter for a several months! I had to find her new home immediately. I wanted to adopt her but two cats are here with me. A week later ... Boom! She got adopted by the Deaf couple near my home!
She is a siamese mixed ... a beeeeautiful cat! I occassionally visit her.
Bianca won't be able to jump high alot because of her poor eyesight.

Wow that's great that the deaf couple had adopted Bianca. and thank you for the wonderful comment!

wow, I always know that you are a good heart person, RebelGirl... :hug:

Your cat is tooo adorable and very lucky to have a loving owner like you, RebelGirl.

what do you think we have deaf pets too??? I dont think we will want to adopt deaf pets??? Maybe HA for pets???

This thread brought a smile to my face... Jade's a very lucky cat. :)

Rebelgirl, I agree with Opal's comment. You have a good heart to take care of Jade. Jade is very blessed to have you as her pet owner.

aww nice to know you care your cat. Agreed with you that you have good in your heart.

Hey I have cat named Smokey my girlfriend brought her cats in my home. :)

what do you think we have deaf pets too??? I dont think we will want to adopt deaf pets??? Maybe HA for pets???
um.. okay.. that's up to you.. but I'd be more than happy to adopt deaf animals as well. and yes there are alot of deaf animals out there. There's nothing wrong with that.

Back