Hearing Family!

deafbajagal

Reaction score
I'm the typical deaf person who falls in the statistics that say more than 90% of deaf children are born into hearing families.

I'm 32 years old, and I STILL am left out of my family affairs. Two days ago my sister was in the hospital, and no one bothered to let me know. I found this out on Facebook on someone else's (a non-relative) page.

All of the technological advances since I was a kid (smartphones with texting and email capabilities), videophone with relay services, social network sites, etc. has done nothing to close the communication gap between myself and my family.

Geez!!! :mad:

RME at my misspelled title of the thread...now I won't be able to sleep.

click on EDIT in your first post and then click on GO ADVANCED. You can change the thread title.

KISS, KISS! Thanks!

2v9art3.jpg

You could stop being emotionally attached to them if they don't care to take time to include you.

That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry your family is being so thoughtless of you.

How is your sister doing now, by the way? Hope she's ok.

I have no idea...why she was in the hospital and if she is still there. That is just ridiculous. Reminds me of the time they forgot to tell me my Papa was sick and hospitalized...and he died before I could see him. He had a picture of me and my oldest baby and his last words were about looking for us. I'm still VERY angry about that.

I have no idea...why she was in the hospital and if she is still there. That is just ridiculous. Reminds me of the time they forgot to tell me my Papa was sick and hospitalized...and he died before I could see him. He had a picture of me and my oldest baby and his last words were about looking for us. I'm still VERY angry about that.

:grouphug:

That breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you and your Papa weren't able to see each other before he passed. Bless him for thinking of you with his final thoughts, though.

Damn.

deafbajagal. I completely get where your coming from. I feel like I'm the black sheep of my family, I always have been since my hearing loss. If you ever need to vent let me know :)

You are not alone, deafbajagal. I know exactly how you feel, and I have an inkling most of us in here do. :hug:

I know what it like too. My family does same thing to me as well, leaving me out of things all times.

:hug: Have you try to contact with one of close person to your sister?? hope your sister is ok.

really sorry about that, i feel ya, my family can be a bunch of fuckwits too, but in a weird way i blame on the mainstream ideology that 'taught my family' to think of me as a lesser hearie, groan,. In reality it's not even close and my enlightenment of my life (to be Deaf) is still confusing them, they seem to think i have a chip on the shoulder, whereas ofc im angry but not as an person confused person, but just annoyed that no-one makes an effort to catch up with me and try understand, they STILL are 'concerned' about me being 'touchy', "difficult to talk with', 'tiring' ...etc..

you and i know it is total bullshit, just keep your chin up Baja.

Back