Would you live in a mobile home?

That website isn't work. :-/

Okay, I see video and I don't think it's mobile phone. I wouldn't want to live like that kind house on during several reason that there is space issues and how strong is it when there is tornado here in Texas. Have they not test it?

at least you can evacuate with your home together to a safer location!

Not as easy as you think. Permits are required to move a home and before a mobile home can be place on another property you have to have it inspected and passed.

Not to mention removing and replaceing the straps and blocks etc.

Not like an travel trailer or camper that you can just hook up to your vehicle and go.

Not as easy as you think. Permits are required to move a home and before a mobile home can be place on another property you have to have it inspected and passed.

Not to mention removing and replaceing the straps and blocks etc.
still better than losing your home to tornado. I don't think anybody would give a shit about permit if their mobile homes are in dire danger of losing to tornado. I think government is willing to overlook it as extenuating circumstance.

Not like an travel trailer or camper that you can just hook up to your vehicle and go.
really? O.o I thought mobile home and travel trailer are same thing.

still better than losing your home to tornado. I don't think anybody would give a shit about permit if their mobile homes are in dire danger of losing to tornado. I think government is willing to overlook it as extenuating circumstance.

Mobile home takes a semi cab to move it and all kinds of permits and people trained to do it. A travel Trailer is one that can be pulled behind a truck, either a 5th wheel truck or a standard truck depending on the type of travel trailer. An RV is more a mobile type home that Winnebago or places like that make.

Mobile home takes a semi cab to move it and all kinds of permits and people trained to do it. A travel Trailer is one that can be pulled behind a truck, either a 5th wheel truck or a standard truck depending on the type of travel trailer. An RV is more a mobile type home that Winnebago or places like that make.

ah I see. when you say mobile home.... is this the one below?

mobil.jpg

Most people do not even have enough warning to even get themselves out in an event of a tornado. And getting a permit takes time. Not like you can walk in and tell them you are going to move.

Try pulling a mobile home. Single wide, double wide or maybe even a triple wide with a standard vehicle.

mobil.jpg

Yep - our first one while I was growing up was a 12 foot by 64 foot, the double-wide we had was 24x60 and the one we had in Missouri was 16x80.

My great aunt had a Gulfstream camper that pulled behind a truck that was awesome. It was perfect for her since she was only 5 foot tall. My hubby had to duck going in and couldn't stand up straight inside since he's 6'5". :giggle:

Yep - our first one while I was growing up was a 12 foot by 64 foot, the double-wide we had was 24x60 and the one we had in Missouri was 16x80.

My great aunt had a Gulfstream camper that pulled behind a truck that was awesome. It was perfect for her since she was only 5 foot tall. My hubby had to duck going in and couldn't stand up straight inside since he's 6'5". :giggle:

ah-ha.... I was thinking of mobile home more like this -

Mobile.jpg

that explains why it's complicated to move mobile home.... thanks for educating me! you too Babyblue! :ty:

these people took "mobile home" way too literally :lol:

mobile_home_flying.jpg

mobilehome4db.jpg

mp_main_wide_Mobile_Home.jpg

redneck-mobile-home-3870.jpeg

The mobile homes has to be classified as a mobile homes, even the triple wide due to they are movable, and the DOT has to be notified. Hence a permit to move it. Since they are being hauled on our roads.

i

A lot more to it than many people think. Some think you can just buy it and live in it.

First you have to have a property to put it on. And a dirt pad to set the home on depending on the ground level. Then get the well and sepic. Which both takes permits, and has to pass the inspection. You have to have a light pole with a box to be ready to hook up. You have to have someone to pull it and set it up. More permits.

Once it is set up it has to pass another inspection to check the set up of the home and the plumbing.

That all has to be done before they can even allow the electrical work to be hooked up. Another permit. Then once that is done. It is inspected.

Then you can get the power turned on to live in it!

Oh! I also had to get a drain field for the sepic.

That's in Florida. Laws vary from state to state.

A lot more to it than many people think. Some think you can just buy it and live in it.

First you have to have a property to put it on. And a dirt pad to set the home on depending on the ground level. Then get the well and sepic. Which both takes permits, and has to pass the inspection. You have to have a light pole with a box to be ready to hook up. You have to have someone to pull it and set it up. More permits.

Once it is set up it has to pass another inspection to check the set up of the home and the plumbing.

That all has to be done before they can even allow the electrical work to be hooked up. Another permit. Then once that is done. It is inspected.

:dizzy: for those who doesn't want to go thru that kind of complication..... you're better off getting an RV or a trailer camper!

:dizzy: for those who doesn't want to go thru that kind of complication..... you're better off getting an RV or a trailer camper!

Same thing goes for people that wants to build their own homes. but more costly.

An RV or a camper.. is suited for a single person or a couple that are content with the living spaces. Sad to say.. Some live in them simply because they can not afford a regular home along with kids etc.

Most of that is the same in Missouri, just you can't have it on a dirt pad, it must be concrete and is a certain thickness and must be complete pad, not runners (for wheels only) and not "squares" poured into the ground for each wheel. Also, in Missouri, you have to have these HUGE steel "V" shaped supports bolted on underneath with the upper portion bolted to the frame of the home and the center portion bolted with a 10-12 inch lag bolt into the concrete. 2 for each 16x80 section. That's for the tornados. After we moved our home from central Missouri to eastern Missouri, the transport company said they will never work in Missouri again with those laws. The set-up took 2 weeks because of all the permits and inspections. Also, the land is so soft there we had to have the concrete be at least 18 inches think and it had to settle for at least five months before placing a home on the lot.

Same thing goes for people that wants to build their own homes. but more costly.

An RV or a camper.. is suited for a single person or a couple that are content with the living spaces. Sad to say.. Some live in them simply because they can not afford a regular home along with kids etc.

Some good friends of our were living in their 5th wheel travel trailer and felt that with the coming of grandchildren they wanted more space. They put their travel trailer into storage and bought themselves a doublewide and put it in the same mobile home park where they had the travel trailer set up. Did fine for 5 years. Then just before Halloween, some kids were playing with matches in their back yard and got too close to the friend's home and it caught on fire when the gas tank exploded. Kids have minor burns, but the friends managed to get themselves and their dog (which was ours that we gave them) out before it was totally consumed and lost. Luckily, they still have their travel trailer. Their insurance paid a bunch of money because of all the upgrades and they put the money into buying what they needed and have set their travel trailer back up in the park. At least they kept it.

Many peoples travel trailer came in handy after the hurricanes. :shock:

Their homes were destroyed, but many travels trailer remained!!!!

ah-ha.... I was thinking of mobile home more like this -

Mobile.jpg

that explains why it's complicated to move mobile home.... thanks for educating me! you too Babyblue! :ty:

That's not a mobile home.

mobil.jpg

No according to Arkansas law that is classified as a "trailer"

This would be a mobile home:
mobile%20home%20insurance.jpg

Back