Would you live in a mobile home?

Oh and let's not forget about the all-important "Manufactured Home".
ManufacturedHome-main_Full.jpg

The difference is that a manufactured home is like a mobile home except that it is permanent. Most manufactured homes are assembled on site and take around a week to complete.

I have seen some booths at a Home Expo. I was impressed that many new "Manufactured Homes" look much better than 10 years ago.

I was told that many "Manufactured Home" services do not include a foundation, a sewer, wires, and water pipes for the connections. (Of course, all of the wires and pipes are installed in the house. You have to find another services for a foundation, a 'chocolate' sewer, and a town water pipe for the installations. Oh boy, it was a little trick part in the business.) Would you like to eat my homemade chocolate cookies?

I have seen some booths at a Home Expo. I was impressed that many new "Manufactured Homes" look much better than 10 years ago.

I was told that many "Manufactured Home" services do not include a foundation, a sewer, wires, and water pipes for the connections. (Of course, all of the wires and pipes are installed in the house. You have to find another services for a foundation, a 'chocolate' sewer, and a town water pipe for the installations. Oh boy, it was a little trick part in the business.) Would you like to eat my homemade chocolate cookies?

Thank you for turning me completely off to chocolate for a while with the chocolate sewer comment along with your offer of the chocolate chip cookies.
:barf:

ah-ha.... I was thinking of mobile home more like this -

Mobile.jpg

that explains why it's complicated to move mobile home.... thanks for educating me! you too Babyblue! :ty:

That's what I refer as trailer home.

Mobile homes don't really have wheels. You need a special transportation to transfer it.

I would not live in a mobile home because for some reason tornadoes seem to gravitate to them.

Gassville%20Mobile%20Home%20tornado%20aerials.jpg

ravaennatornado.jpg

Dsc00031.jpg

You do make a point, but a tornado can also destroy a regular house. I think it is chance whether or not your home gets destroyed by a tornado.

Mobile homes have just never stood well against mother nature. You would think the industry would be finding ways to make them sturdier but while also keeping them mobile.

But I think manufactured homes might fare a little bit better than mobile homes.

I was living in my mobile home when 3 different tornadoes came through (different times of the year) and we never had a problem. One thing that is smart to do is to have what they call "wind breaks". In our case, the landlord had fields of trees on 3 sides of his property with the cow pastures. It was enough that we were very well protected.

I used be to attend the college, the prep and pre-major college have 10 mobile trailers for deaf program classerooms.

I would not live in a trailer or a mobile home, no way! What if a tornado comes? No way! I would rather have a real house with a BASEMENT! Trailers do not have basements, and if you have a cellar you have to go OUTSIDE in order to get into the cellar, not safe!

And I would use a RV only for traveling. I would love to get this for on-the-fly traveling:

97.lorraine_dianne_ayers_rock_camp.600x450.jpg

and I would paint the Winnebago with lots of beautiful art and use the Winnebago for when I feel like traveling on the fly to visit a friend or a relative or whatever. It would be great for weekend getaways.

I would not live in a trailer or a mobile home, no way! What if a tornado comes? No way! I would rather have a real house with a BASEMENT! Trailers do not have basements, and if you have a cellar you have to go OUTSIDE in order to get into the cellar, not safe!

And I would use a RV only for traveling. I would love to get this for on-the-fly traveling:

97.lorraine_dianne_ayers_rock_camp.600x450.jpg

and I would paint the Winnebago with lots of beautiful art and use the Winnebago for when I feel like traveling on the fly to visit a friend or a relative or whatever. It would be great for weekend getaways.

You can put a mobile home on a basement. I have been in one that had 2 two level basement then the mobile home on top. That was where we went during tornado alarms for 11 years.

Back