Wisdom teeth extraction

Eww You're braver than I. For some reason, the thought of the gas gives me the willies. Too many memories of a black mask coming at me as a kid, I guess. lol

haha, I don't know what it's like, but I wanna know. I guess I want to know if it makes me feel real goofy.

I had 2 widsom tooth pulled out and it wasn't so bad.

Eww You're braver than I. For some reason, the thought of the gas gives me the willies. Too many memories of a black mask coming at me as a kid, I guess. lol

Did you have asthma? TB? I had both when I was young......I have memories of a booth and a black mask....very unpleasant.

what do you mean by "black mask?" is that the happy gas mask????

No in my case it was some kind of lung treatment.....I had to stand in a booth similar to a telephone booth and breathe some type of med through a mask that looked like a fighter pilot mask.....not fun

I am sure they happy gas mask would be better

I had all 4 removed at the same time.

I had the best surgeon possible. I had near painless recovery. It was very dandy for me.

My pain killers never went to use.

Same here. I was fortunate.

Yes forgot that one....No straws

Yeah, I was given that advice, too.

I had all 4 pulled out at the same time because I wanted it over and done with. I refused to have the dentist pull it out so he referred me to a dental surgeon. My wisdom wasn't hurting but I decided I rather have it dealt with. Also I have a low tolerance for pain, so there's no fooking way I'm going to have my wisdom teeth pulled out one at a time each.

My brother is nearly 40 and he was told two years ago that he'd need surgery to remove the wisdom. I nagged him to no avail. He's terrified to death of dentist.

Did you have asthma? TB? I had both when I was young......I have memories of a booth and a black mask....very unpleasant.

No. I had a lot of surgeries, though, and most of them took place in childhood. They usually induce anesthesia via a mask in young children. Back when I was little, this mask happened to be the color of black and I was afraid of it. Still am to this day.

Oh, ok i see. I waited too long to get my wisdom teeth pulled and because of that I had to have braces a second time in my 20's SUCKS. Im with miss D, I think wisdom teeth extraction hurt like hell for 2 or 3 days

I had some crazy big wisdom teeth. All four pulled at same time. Lower ones had to be cut in half before they could be removed. They were close to an inch in length. I was given a Valium to take before leaving for the surgeon's (god, how I loved that Valium. Felt like I was walking on clouds!), and then put under general anesthesia for the surgery. The bottom holes had to be stitched up. I remember the holes on the top felt like craters.

Still, I didn't have a lot of pain. I never used the Norco that was prescribed. I took one later for a different thing, and it totally messed me up and scared me. Norco is some weird ass shit.

I found it best to get all 4 done at the same time and get it over with......Didn't want to go thru the pain 4 times. That's just me though.

Yup, second here because I don't want eat soft food again in next time if partial wisdom teeth has extracted so pretty annoying to do.

I'm VERRRRY hungry right now due haven't eat meats for 2 days, except for eggs.

When I was 18 a dentist told me I should have my wisdom teeth removed.
I said not now some other time.

Every time I have gone to a dentist since then for the odd filling every 2 or 3 years, I get told the same thing.

Last time [5 years ago] she insisted on making a appointment for me to come back. I agreeded..just to get out of there! Next day, I cancelled the appointment.

I am 40 now. My wisdom have never given me any trouble..ever!
:hmm: Can't understand why they keep wanting to pull them out??

If I ever get a pain or ache then I will go.
I'm hoping to kick the bucket before that happens! :lol:

I had a Navy dentist. They tell you, not ask you. Their policy, at the time, was do both on one side, then the remaining two on the other side later.
The theory was you could still eat on one side of your mouth and get back to duty quicker. :lol:

When my dad was in the military (he is retired Veteran - staff Sergeant for the army reserve- in case you are curious) , first thing they told him that his teeth was WAY too crooked, so they made him have all his teeth removed and wear false teeth. I don't know if he is just fibbing with me or not, but that's what he said. My son have extremely crooked teeth too, and It won't be long til he wear braces.

I had all four taken out (they were impacted) and then had dry socket/ infection in all four even tho I was SOOO careful and rinsed and followed all instructions and I hated life lol It took a month to fully recover was horrible

When my dad was in the military (he is retired Veteran - staff Sergeant for the army reserve- in case you are curious) , first thing they told him that his teeth was WAY too crooked, so they made him have all his teeth removed and wear false teeth. I don't know if he is just fibbing with me or not, but that's what he said. My son have extremely crooked teeth too, and It won't be long til he wear braces.
Wow, that was really drastic!

Please tell your dad thanks from me for his service to our country. :ty:

I still got all my wisdom teeth, 4 of them haven't fully grown out of my gum yet... I just hope it won't get to wisdom teeth extraction one day.

The painkiller Vicodin works wonders when having wisdom teeth removed.

That's one of the many I can't take due to allergies. They haven't found a single pain med I can take yet. Made it real hard with 2 c-sections. Felt it all the way. :shock:

Back