Wisdom teeth extraction

Had one! Thought I was doing good. Ate a hot bowl of soup. (which dislodged the clot) got a brain freeze sensation! Oh gawd! The pain!

Took a couple of motrin and made sure I kept my mouth closed to keep air from going in my mouth.

My pain was horrid. Had them repacked twice. I got shot and didn't even want to go to the Dr...... Dry sockets made me want to die....lol I am over it now.:lol:

I just put ice cube in soup and cool it off so I ate it.

I have potato soup that my aunt made it.

Suck the straw does dislodge the clot too, just like one big cup with lid and straw from fast food.

Yes forgot that one....No straws

Got good genes...

I am one of those 5% or so whose wisdom teeth are already grown in and don't need them pulled.

At oral surgery office, they gave me a 3 choice to relax or sleep is local anesthesia (sedation, numb, etc), oxide gas or general anesthesia (injection to force sleep) so I picked general anesthesia because feel like fast after wake up and had inject my arm with around 10 vaccines, that alot and don't went fell asleep until 5th vaccine went in.

At oral surgery office, they gave me a 3 choice to relax or sleep is local anesthesia (sedation, numb, etc), oxide gas or general anesthesia (injection to force sleep) so I picked general anesthesia because feel like fast after wake up and had inject my arm with around 10 vaccines, that alot and don't went fell asleep until 5th vaccine went in.

I had the GA and I woke up.....it happens.....and I said "AWHH AW AHHWAH AWHAA" I will save you the google translate....it means "Hey I am awake Mother F%^&***" He still kept working and I grabbed his thigh....he was sitting...He got the message and I was of to dreamland again in no time.

I just got Novocaine; I've been conscious during all oral surgery.

I had one pulled out 2 years ago. I was scared like hell... Not only because of the procedures but also because my dentist (whom I am ever afraid of) couldn't do it. I had to seek for special dentist since it was considered as surgery and there were high risks (something nerve related...)

As coincidence a friend's sister from fitness class is a secretary for such a dentist. I took first appointment so he could take a look at x-ray and the tooth itself. He immediately gained my trust by explaining me everything and that on my appt I could come earlier to give me a special treatment first to be relaxed. It worked like a charm and I ended up wondering how ridiculous I had felt about it LOL...

Once the anesthesia started dissipating, sure there was pain and all... I took as many meds as possible (as per prescription) and two days later I was good :D I didn't suffer from bleeding or such as many friends told me about (another reason I was scared of). When I told my friend's they were surprised and now I'm happy that I had probably found one of the best dentist surgeon ever :D I can only recommand them to my relatives....

Last year a colleague from work took appointment (it was her second wisdom tooth to be pulled) and she was very much satisfied too!!!!!!!!

I also know that some wisdom teeth are hard to be pulled out but mine wasn't so hard. The only difficulty for the dentist was to make sure not any nerve in my jaw to be damaged. There were risks for paralysis at risk but it all turned out for the best :D

I had one pulled out 2 years ago. I was scared like hell... Not only because of the procedures but also because my dentist (whom I am ever afraid of) couldn't do it. I had to seek for special dentist since it was considered as surgery and there were high risks (something nerve related...)

As coincidence a friend's sister from fitness class is a secretary for such a dentist. I took first appointment so he could take a look at x-ray and the tooth itself. He immediately gained my trust by explaining me everything and that on my appt I could come earlier to give me a special treatment first to be relaxed. It worked like a charm and I ended up wondering how ridiculous I had felt about it LOL...

Once the anesthesia started dissipating, sure there was pain and all... I took as many meds as possible (as per prescription) and two days later I was good :D I didn't suffer from bleeding or such as many friends told me about (another reason I was scared of). When I told my friend's they were surprised and now I'm happy that I had probably found one of the best dentist surgeon ever :D I can only recommand them to my relatives....

Last year a colleague from work took appointment (it was her second wisdom tooth to be pulled) and she was very much satisfied too!!!!!!!!

I also know that some wisdom teeth are hard to be pulled out but mine wasn't so hard. The only difficulty for the dentist was to make sure not any nerve in my jaw to be damaged. There were risks for paralysis at risk but it all turned out for the best :D

oral surgeon

had 3 removed. just a few shots of Novocaine and it's all good. no problem. healed up nicely. no pain. got 1 more left but it's impacted. my ex will remove it but I'm not ready yet cuz gum incision is needed :ugh:

I found it best to get all 4 done at the same time and get it over with......Didn't want to go thru the pain 4 times. That's just me though.

had 3 removed. just a few shots of Novocaine and it's all good. no problem. healed up nicely. no pain. got 1 more left but it's impacted. my ex will remove it but I'm not ready yet cuz gum incision is needed :ugh:

Both of my bottom wisdom teeth were laying flat.....They were not any more painful than the top.....I didn't take any of the pain meds until I got the dry sockets. My Dr said when they are impacted they get more difficult the longer you wait..... I waited 20 years. Not smart.

oral surgeon

Yes that's the correct word... :ty: Jiro

All the other three wisdom teeth are out and don't cause any problems right now (or for years...) Only one was stuck the wrong way and when I felt pain the dentist said "Now it's time to take it out" :giggle:

I've had my wisdoms extracted, thats why I don't know anything anymore. I had general anesthesia. Now I wished I had gas. Dang it, I never tried that stuff and I want to inhale some nitrous oxide someday to see what its like. If I ever have a cavity I will make a dramatic stink about it and DEMAND some gas!

I found it best to get all 4 done at the same time and get it over with......Didn't want to go thru the pain 4 times. That's just me though.
I had a Navy dentist. They tell you, not ask you. Their policy, at the time, was do both on one side, then the remaining two on the other side later.
The theory was you could still eat on one side of your mouth and get back to duty quicker. :lol:

I had all four wisdom teeth taken out when I was in my early 20's. The lower ones had to be chiseled out of my jaw. The dentist told me to make a fist and hold it under my chin so he could push harder. Ugh!

When I went back to work the next day, they sent me home again because I looked so bad. I was swollen and black and blue from my cheek down to my chin, then down my neck. It looked like I had been in a bad car wreck.

Oh, Reba. That sounds dreadful. :(

In my case, my teeth weren't impacted, but were too big to erupt thru the gum and "cutting" them was very painful. I'm rather impatient with things like this, so I asked my Mother to call our dentist. (I was in High school at the time). She did and I was referred to an oral surgeon. The procedure was rather painless for ME, but I know that's not the case for everyone. Some people have a really hard time after having their wisdom teeth removed. My sister was one such person, but hers were impacted.

This is the best way to do it. If I didn't have the health problems I do, I would have just had it done all at once, too.

I had a Navy dentist. They tell you, not ask you. Their policy, at the time, was do both on one side, then the remaining two on the other side later.
The theory was you could still eat on one side of your mouth and get back to duty quicker. :lol:

:lol:

After reading all of your experiences, I am glad I dont need them pulled.

I've had my wisdoms extracted, thats why I don't know anything anymore. I had general anesthesia. Now I wished I had gas. Dang it, I never tried that stuff and I want to inhale some nitrous oxide someday to see what its like. If I ever have a cavity I will make a dramatic stink about it and DEMAND some gas!

Eww You're braver than I. For some reason, the thought of the gas gives me the willies. Too many memories of a black mask coming at me as a kid, I guess. lol

Back