Wisdom teeth extraction

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Have your wisdom teeth extracted before?

For me, yup, I have wisdom teeth extracted today in morning and it wasn't pleasant because I still have alot of bleeding and my mouth is still numb, it will going off in several hours, probably 6 hours or more but my mouth is still feel like tangy, just like trick on skin.

I learned that couple of my wisdom teeth are impacted and little complicated to extract so I'm doing so good.

nope...do not have wisdom teeth....whew!! I guess I got that from my mom 's side

Last edited:
I had them done when I was about 21. They were impacted, and I had to have them broken before they removed them. Recovery took quite a while.

My older daughter has no top wisdom teeth.

Had mine taken out when I was 19 or so. Since I had braces while a teenager, the dentist suggested getting them taken out before they mess up my teeth.

I had all 4 removed at the same time.

I had the best surgeon possible. I had near painless recovery. It was very dandy for me.

My pain killers never went to use.

I had 5 wisdom teeth removed.

you have 5 wisdom teeth?

Anyway, I had my pulled out. I mean pulled, not surgically taken out (cutting the gum to have it taken out) like some people.

I had to do it because all four were decaying badly.

you have 5 wisdom teeth?

Anyway, I had my pulled out. I mean pulled, not surgically taken out (cutting the gum to have it taken out) like some people.

I had to do it because all four were decaying badly.

Yes and it went pretty well.

For me, yup, I have wisdom teeth extracted today in morning and it wasn't pleasant because I still have alot of bleeding and my mouth is still numb, it will going off in several hours, probably 6 hours or more but my mouth is still feel like tangy, just like trick on skin.

I learned that couple of my wisdom teeth are impacted and little complicated to extract so I'm doing so good.

Hang in there. Hopefully you won't get dry sockets. I had two.....they were the worst part.

I had all 4 removed at the same time.

I had the best surgeon possible. I had near painless recovery. It was very dandy for me.

My pain killers never went to use.

Same for me the first three days.....No pain meds.....Then the dry sockets hit......I week of pain meds after that

Hang in there. Hopefully you won't get dry sockets. I had two.....they were the worst part.

What dry socket looks like that? I had read post-operative manual about dry socket.

I got 3 meds, one for painkiller, one for antibiotic to prevent the infection and other for nausea.

Ugh, I couldn't stop the bleeding from left side but right side is already clot, tried to apply with 4 gauze pads in every 30 min so repeat at 3 time but no luck.

Had mine taken out when I was 19 or so. Since I had braces while a teenager, the dentist suggested getting them taken out before they mess up my teeth.

Yup, that what my orthodontist recommended to my parent about wisdom teeth need to be extract so immediately when I was 15 years old after took brace off because 2 of wisdom teeth in lower are impacted and pushed them so tightly, even that how my fixed retainer went popped up last year so don't need retainer anymore but my parent decided to ignore and wait later and supposed to be planned in 2005-2006 so they changed their mind.

Thanks to god, I don't need have brace again because lower teeth is still fine.

What dry socket looks like that? I had read post-operative manual about dry socket.

I got 3 meds, one for painkiller, one for antibiotic to prevent the infection and other for nausea.

Ugh, I couldn't stop the bleeding from left side but right side is already clot, tried to apply with 4 gauze pads in every 30 min so repeat at 3 time but no luck.

It happens when the blood fail to clot or if the clot is dislodged. I think I dislodged the clots by rinsing (with that tool) too much....:dunno: My bottom wisdom teeth were laying sideways.....that probably didn't help

i've had my lower wisdom teeth removed. Had them taken out under a local anesthetic. Minimal pain. Dr gave me a prescription for codeine and motrin, but I didn't need the codeine. I also was on antibiotic for awhile after. Still have my upper wisdom teeth and probably will need those taken out at some point.

I had all four wisdom teeth taken out when I was in my early 20's. The lower ones had to be chiseled out of my jaw. The dentist told me to make a fist and hold it under my chin so he could push harder. Ugh!

When I went back to work the next day, they sent me home again because I looked so bad. I was swollen and black and blue from my cheek down to my chin, then down my neck. It looked like I had been in a bad car wreck.

Had an impacted tooth pulled.

All was good til I hit a dry pocket! And spitting out broken pieces out of my mouth.

Soon will have a second one pulled.

It happens when the blood fail to clot or if the clot is dislodged. I think I dislodged the clots by rinsing (with that tool) too much....:dunno: My bottom wisdom teeth were laying sideways.....that probably didn't help

Had one! Thought I was doing good. Ate a hot bowl of soup. (which dislodged the clot) got a brain freeze sensation! Oh gawd! The pain!

Took a couple of motrin and made sure I kept my mouth closed to keep air from going in my mouth.

Still have all four wisdom teeth. They are leaning sideways and have been pushing my other teeth closer together, but don't like dentist so I haven't seen one to see if they need to be removed.

Had one! Thought I was doing good. Ate a hot bowl of soup. (which dislodged the clot) got a brain freeze sensation! Oh gawd! The pain!

Took a couple of motrin and made sure I kept my mouth closed to keep air from going in my mouth.

I just put ice cube in soup and cool it off so I ate it.

I have potato soup that my aunt made it.

Suck the straw does dislodge the clot too, just like one big cup with lid and straw from fast food.

Back