Who was the first person you met in real life from online?

I wouldn't name that person that I have met the first person from online....due to the privacy right.

I met pretty much everybody for the first time at 2nd AD party.. actually I'd have to say Kevbo's my first AD member that I've met... ahh *savoring memories*

Kevbo: dont you remember that i was total a bitch!? lol

I don't think I met any deafies from online before - but recently I met a Aussie guy in person after being internet pals for over 2 years. We met on www.lonelyplanet.com and had been exchanging emails ever since and he was making a stopover in LAX for 24 hours from Central America, so we decided to meet up when he was here in town during his stopover... and it was awesome... positive experience, indeed - as he s open-minded and a world traveler... and of course, he is a hearie... but we managed to write thru paper and pen all day long with good recorded conversations!!

I usually don't favor meeting people from online, but with a good sense of hunch inside me, plus a vibe from this person - I can give a try... it just depends!

Humm...met ItzMicheleXOX, DeafPride, DeafMex and a few others over the years...maybe more than that, but wouldnt be able to remmy them...unless they remmy DreamDeaf3 from AOL 1994-2004?

Smiles!~

I met IRL before online.... I barely met peeps from online to IRL..... I not know who was the first person I met IRL from online. :(

Anyone from on line? Oh ok Well most of them are hearing so, I am sure that doesn't count. (Like anyone would know these people). :)

I have met Flannelboy from Deafchat twice. I met a few people here in AD, Malfoyish, Coffeeeman, Vampy and Roadrunner... I wouldn't mind meeting more people from here, If you wanna meet me too.;)

The first person who I've met from online was Cloud. He was a member here.

trying to think back... can anyone remind me?... but I know Matt Webster since I was younger...

nozobo said:
trying to think back... can anyone remind me?... but I know Matt Webster since I was younger...

Do you think it's wise to say his name without regard to privacy? :angel:

I think the first person I met from online was FlyFree, she had a lay over in Minneapolis, and MsGiglz (whom I've known since I was in diapers) took me to meet her. That was in.. uhm.. 1997 I believe.

The first person I met from online was this cute chick from my hometown. It turned out to be a very small world when I found out that she was married to this guy I knew for 10 years, but hadn't seen him for 7 years. Heh!

Back