Which credit card issuer do you guys use?

I have 2 Visa cards; USBank check card and CapitalOne with earn points or cash back (occasion only)

I got a MASTERCARD with a fixed APR (which is LOW and PERFECT, especially for my own income which scared off many credit cards companies).
It tells me how many I can pay to keep my interest low if I cannot afford to pay the whole thing (which is nice), and i can pay it via online with my bank which just makes the whole paperworks going away.
This card is my first card that I applied for after a careful research of which card that I can afford.

I tried to keep numbers of credit cards to just ONE but my mother kept getting new ones for me-- From delta, unibank, visa, et cetera. ARGH! I do have an emergency credit card from Citibank just in case I have to make a bail from jail. ;)

I only use my mastercard from my bank which is just perfect for me right now with my income.

EDITED: I used to be interested in CaptialOne and tried to apply but they freaked out with how much I earned so they denied me one. and NOW they kept spamming me with credit card offers in my mailbox. WHAT THE F...?! CaptialOne, imo, is the most reliable and affordable credit card issuer that is REASONABLE. Just wish that they don't spam me.

Visa, also Visa check card

me_punctured said:
Recently my girlfriends and I have been discussing about credit card issuers.
We have compared notes, weighing the pros and cons of each brand, and have reached a conclusion that it depends on the consumer's needs.

I'm curious. What brand of credit card do you guys use? And why?

Cheri said:
I don't like American Express, because whatever amount you charge on that card you have to pay the whole thing off when you get a statement. I used to have that type of credit card, I no longer have it anymore.

American Express isn't popular as Mastercard is, or so it seems. It sounds like AE was strict about credit card payments. Be careful. Most credit card issuers, if not all, will not explain the terms and conditions in a simple language you can understand. They just expect you to read the fine print, when they know that many people will not, because it's obscure at first glance.

GalaxyAngel said:
Doesn't have owner of credit card yet!

*scared to become owner of Credit card* it will eat your money percent of rate cost and making you slave payments!

SmileyGin said:
dont have one cuz i am too scared as i dont want it to eat my money and be broke.. ?? one of my good friend went bankruptcy cuz he couldnt afford to pay credit cards.. Yikes!

Credit cards can be your worst nightmare. They are too convenient and easy. But they are also manageable if you fully know what are the terms and conditions of using them, e.g. what will be the consequence if I withdraw $40 from my credit card. It also helps to know how much money you can afford to spend and the amount of money you can expect to pay the bills every month.

Nobody is born with the knowledge and skills of financial mangagement! It's all about learning, learning and learning. Reading the fine print doesn't help. You need to ask older, experienced people you can trust to explain in everyday language. My parents taught me how to manage money and use my credit card reasonably, but that did not happen overnight. And I'm still learning to this day.

Endymion said:
Except sometimes that sandwich in the window looks too good to resist and of all things, I left my cash at the office! Yes, it's a need. ;)

You must be a subway guy. ;)

me_punctured said:
Credit cards can be your worst nightmare. They are too convenient and easy. But they are also manageable if you fully know what are the terms and conditions of using them, e.g. what will be the consequence if I withdraw $40 from my credit card. It also helps to know how much money you can afford to spend and the amount of money you can expect to pay the bills every month.

Nobody is born with the knowledge and skills of financial mangagement! It's all about learning, learning and learning. Reading the fine print doesn't help. You need to ask older, experienced people you can trust to explain in everyday language. My parents taught me how to manage money and use my credit card reasonably, but that did not happen overnight. And I'm still learning to this day.

I already know about credit cards... still eat your money pocket.. will become lead into the debt.. forget it..

Prefer carried cash or ATM.. no charge fee or else..

I will never never use any credit cards because they are very tempted to use. They will charge you more if you dont pay on time. We ended had 8 diffrent credit card. We tore all credit card apart. We vowed that we will never use them forever! Credit cards hurt our credit already! We learned our big mistake!!!!!!!!!!

Boult said:
I don't use credit card. I avoid it at all cost for good. I go with check card issued by my bank so on my check card it is Visa.

Same as here... The bank I am using also is all over USA which is good thing.

My first credit card was American Express Blue. Months later, I realized that some places didn't accept American Express. So, I applied for Visa and then Mastercard.

American Express was unknowingly cancelled. Since I still owe them money (which I pay monthly), they say I am not eligible for a new card. How was it cancelled? That's still the question. I decided to stop using my card and just focus on paying it off. After a couple years later, I realized that they never sent me a new card. So, I called them to check and they told me that my account was cancelled at my request. I told them that I never cancelled. They have no proof, but said... "too bad". So, I'm now down to only two credit cards. :(

VamPyroX said:
My first credit card was American Express Blue. Months later, I realized that some places didn't accept American Express. So, I applied for Visa and then Mastercard.

American Express was unknowingly cancelled. Since I still owe them money (which I pay monthly), they say I am not eligible for a new card. How was it cancelled? That's still the question. I decided to stop using my card and just focus on paying it off. After a couple years later, I realized that they never sent me a new card. So, I called them to check and they told me that my account was cancelled at my request. I told them that I never cancelled. They have no proof, but said... "too bad". So, I'm now down to only two credit cards. :(

Most credit card companies have "Credit history background" to check who are very excellent credit history and they will approve for them., if they found "bad" credit history will be denied on new applicants.

PurrMeow said:
dont use credit cards for reasons.

I do have but that will changed and will soon to cancel that mastercharge due to very, VERY good reason!!! Never like it and was not happy at all... but now I only use DEBIT, that is it!!!!!!!! Nothing else... as for ER, I still cannot use that shit Credit cards, no matter what! I cannot trust it ever again! Sighs... I still have owe them that much......blah!

Oops, my debit is Visa!! I been use it very often! :lo:

PowerWCRulez said:
Most credit card companies have "Credit history background" to check who are very excellent credit history and they will approve for them., if they found "bad" credit history will be denied on new applicants.
I have good credit history. The problem is that I still owed money after "cancelling" my credit card. So, they say I have to pay off my dues first. :roll:

I only use visa credit card for traveling overseas and or for emergency... so i only put in my own $$ in it so i dont have to pay for interest fees and extras etc.

VamPyroX said:
Eh? The whole thing? I never had that problem. They usually charged me based on how often I paid my bills and how much I had on the card. If I only had like $100 or $100 on it, they would expect me to pay $20. If I had like $1,000 or $1,200 on it, they would expect me to pay $40 or $50.

actually, there's different kind of AE, before I used to have a gold card it has no interest rate, cool, but have to pay off at once in next due date, now I have AE blue 5% cash back that allows me to make a minimum payment monthly. I have another credit card is Chase, Visa, sometimes AE is not accepted.

American Express Gold, Visa, and MasterCard. I use my Amex for business purposes only. I'm careful with my expenditures and make sure I pay my bills on time.

I use the good old debit card with visa included so it takes $$ straight out of my bank acct. I dont have to worry about making payments to credit card on time and those horrible interest rates as punishment if late :mad: Be careful of the small print on contracts becuz many c.c. sneak in hidden fees that you may overlook.

Yes, I have fallen behind on one credit card since I had to pay alot of $$ in an emergency and I was on SSI and can only afford to pay minimum. As a result, I fell behind due to high interest rate charged. Then I got various jobs over time and can afford to pay it off and cancel it.

Back