What word do you hate the most?

i hate that people say"You are going to hell!" which is a such about the Religious. ugh!

There are many words I dislike. I would have to say, one of the words I really do not like...is "Can't". I know others have listed this word as well. To me, Can't is a copout so a person does not have to try.

I also dislike the word Poot (or Pute) My family used is as a term or endearment for my little neice, but knowing what it means, drives me insane when they call her that. I taught her at an early age, (21/2) to tell then, My name is not Pute, it is Shiloh. Makes them mad....haha

i hate the word "economy" especially when fucking lying politicians says on the news, or annoucements like "to help the economy" it sounded like as so the "economy" has a personality somewhat but all it is, its just numbers ( of dollars) and they say this is more important than people and jobs. geeeez

I guess "Shut up" would be the word I hate the most. It is like the person is degrading my need to express myself when upset.

I really hate the words Shut the Fuck up I wanted to punch their mouth. :roll:

Term " You are FIRED " I hate it....

I also dislike when I ask my husband what does he want for dinner. He will say "food"

I am like what kind of food do you want.. Then he says "The Edible kind"

I was so irritated that day, I served him Baby food. :giggle:

He looked at me and asked me what was that, I told him "Food!" and walked away laughing! :laugh2:

simple open cat food canned then feed it with spoon into his mouth.

How about that?

"Because you are deaf" from hearing people at job.

I would not said that I hate it but not nice word but It is bingo to me if someone wrote that in paper to me. Tell me why? :hmm:

I have a few..

"never mind."- my sister and my parents says that all the time. When I ask and repeat what they said because i'm deaf and i can't make out what they say, they would say never mind. ANd it would make me so mad because they can't repeat the sentence again for me to understand.

"You're a stupid deaf girl"- whenever my sister is in a arguement in whatever it is, my sister would say that to me which makes me feel heartbroken and mad at her. Because I know i'm not stupid but I am deaf. But a SMART deaf girl thank you very much.

"Can you hear me? Because it seems like you're not paying attention to me"- I mean, hello..I AM DEAF. How can I hear you.

"You seem perfectly normal talking clearly and hearing perfectly good with your hearing aid and your cochlear implant on, theres now way you need captionings or a interpreter."- I may seem normal to you but that doesn't mean I can't hear the excat thing you're saying. I do need captioning and an interpreter because sometimes some people would talk too fast or things sound like gibberish to me.

Those words I HATE the most are...

"YOU ARE WRONG!"
"BE PATIENT"
"NEVER MIND"- WTF?!
"NOTHING"
"YOU FUCKING RETARD"
"YOU CAN'T"
"OH SHUT UP!"
And more cussings-
I wish those words go away and people say nice words to other people as equally and fairly.

how words like pimp and dope now mean cool.

a pimp is a asshole that gets women hooked on drugs and forces them into sex trade. if the hooker doesn't give him most of the money he will beat or kill the hooker. that is not cool :sure:

dope was slang for drugs and for the dimwitted. must have taken a real dimwitted stoner to come up with the concept of that being cool

"It's your own damn fault"
"Nevermind"
"I can't"
"You did your best"
"Try your best"
"I'll tell you later"

Actually anything with absolute phrases kill me... since I am a chronic perfectionist.

I hate that word with a passion! It represents years and years of oppression for me.

I changed my mind..now, this is the word I hate the most.

I agree! If I publish a book, "nevermind" will be the title of one of my books.

i hope that one day it would be illegal for hearing people to say 'nevermind' to deaf people, it is at the same level as making a racist remark to person of another race.

There are several words that I hate the most but at most, I would just shrug it off and ignore it. However, There's ONE word that I REALLY REALLY despite the most and it will get on my nerves.

This word I despite on the top is -- NEVER MIND.

As many of you have went through this with a typical hearing family/friends carrying into a conversation and this word "Never mind" comes in the picture - That is what carries the frustration towards it because you don't feel like you're included at all.

Also the other reason why I hate this word - Never mind - is because whenever this comes in the picture, I also would like to know what is going on, what is wrong, what's bothering you, so and on to get a better picture and to be dislodged by this is what annoys/frustrates me the most.

:gpost: I couldn't agree more! It annoys me to no end! :mad2::mad2:

"I think you have selective hearing."

"You hear just fine when you want to."

:mad2: :mad2:

i hope that one day it would be illegal for hearing people to say 'nevermind' to deaf people, it is at the same level as making a racist remark to person of another race.

OoooO Burn! That would make nice $$$$ . Hell yes! i d be happy to see someone who CANT say "never mind" and have them explain it.

They're certain words that comes out of peoples mouths that I can not stand.

I am no saint. I do cuss as well, but seems some words are very offensive to me.

One word I absolutely hate is "Cunt"

Guess due to I was called that often, when I was married to my Ex.

Other cuss words does not bother me unless how they are used.

So what is a word that you can not stand the most.

It is so horrible for your ex to call you that word. It is beyond the comprehension.

OoooO Burn! That would make nice $$$$ . Hell yes! i d be happy to see someone who CANT say "never mind" and have them explain it.

yup , exactly and over time the law would change the hearing culture to another level of deaf awareness from the patronising shit we have today, to the 'oh fuk they have rights too' mentality....its time we need to stand up and stay this is what we want , and this is what we recomend....
id liken to say that day, when WE decided the laws regarding us, not on our behalf, but from us -d/Deaf people- to whats the word? > to we're deaf, this what happens to us all the time, it is a violation of respect to us, it is an emotional form of abuse, while we already have laws affecting emotional abuse to women, people of other races, and sometimes severely disabled people but not deaf people? is this because it doesnt matter to us? its time for this to stop. and yes FF, the proceedings with this would be 'please give an explanation'...surely...would teach them good lessons (not just criminal-related consquences, but also of tolerance to share information, to demonstrate inclusion,and positive step towards reducing alienation. over time this would alter the way hearing people behave toward deaf people, hence change the landscape of the intolerable hearing culture.

Back