What kind of car(s) do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily driver, 2000 chevy silverado prerunner with 4wd, it has fiberglass 5" flare up front and bedside is pulled and braced to clears 35in mud tires to tuck in, lift is only 4 inch with steel bumper and alumium skid plate, I am planning to rerun thru whole truck, my other truck for driving to work is 1996 ford ranger 2wd all stock (POS) clutch soon need to replace, my 3rd truck is project baja truck 1989 ford ranger 2wd with 4.5 inch extended I-beam and extended radius arm, to provide more wheel travel and shocks is a king 14" travel coilover mounted to engine cage, its not running because I'm working on v-8 mustang 5.0 to drop in then start doing full bumper to bumper cages, I'm desert toy guy!!!! Loves it

My daily driver, 2000 chevy silverado prerunner with 4wd, it has fiberglass 5" flare up front and bedside is pulled and braced to clears 35in mud tires to tuck in, lift is only 4 inch in front and no lift in rear plain stock in rear, steel bumper and alumium skid plate, I am planning to rerun thru whole truck making new arms replace all balljoint to uniballs and rodends, my other truck for driving to work is 1996 ford ranger 2wd all stock (POS) clutch soon need to replace, my 3rd truck is project baja truck 1989 ford ranger 2wd with 4.5 inch extended I-beam and extended radius arm, to provide more wheel travel its limited strapped at 18 inch travel with bumpstop and shocks is a king 14" travel coilover mounted to engine cage, its not running because I'm working on v-8 mustang 5.0 to drop in then start doing full bumper to bumper cages, I'm desert toy guy!!!! Loves it

1977 Pontiac SE Trans Am

se.jpg

My truck ... sorta of classic sleeper .... black 1986 Chevy Silverado short bed... ralleys got 350 4 mains bolt block with 400 cid crankshaft , ported 64 cc vortec head, .30 overbored flat forged pistons. Luniti cam , 670 street averager Holley carburetor.. 5/8 inch headers.... all ole skool touquey 383 cid ......dyno'ed at 352 hp whoopin 421 touque at wheels....it drank close to 20 mpg and ran only 2,200 rpm on highway curising at 70 mph.... it got a hurst shift kit backed 350 trubo tranny ....

My truck ... sorta of classic sleeper .... black 1986 Chevy Silverado short bed... ralleys got 350 4 mains bolt block with 400 cid crankshaft , ported 64 cc vortec head, .30 overbored flat forged pistons. Luniti cam , 670 street averager Holley carburetor.. 5/8 inch headers.... all ole skool touquey 383 cid ......dyno'ed at 352 hp whoopin 421 touque at wheels....it drank close to 20 mpg and ran only 2,200 rpm on highway curising at 70 mph.... it got a hurst shift kit backed 350 trubo tranny ....

Dang, sounds sweet. What's the 1/4 mile ET? Are you gonna post a pic of your hot rod pick up?

I drive pos 1999 Saab 9-3. I'm graduating soon so I'm looking to buy a new car. Thinking of Suzuki SX4 Crossover and KIA Sportage

08' 4x4 Tacoma, 4 doors and shortbed, 33" lift and terrains tires. Black on black.

05' Yamaha Raven, black on black.

i mean, 05' yamaha raven motorcycle.

dream motorcycle: Aprilia.

Own 1986 Black short bed Chevy Silverado , mild 383 cid V-8 700R tranny 3.31 rear end it got me good 20 mpg highway ... it's hum only 1800 rpm at 70 mph! My best daily driver!!also 66 Chevelle Mabilu 283 3 speed on column it got me goos 22 to 24 mpg Hey love classics! I dont own junk 90's to newer no monthly payments!!

Don't like newer because pain in ass repair due ecu?

My first car was PURE GERMAN 1991 Audi Quattro 200 (20V, 255HP, TURBO)
Only 70 cars in the United States - definitely rare car
2157654_6_full.jpg

I sold it last May due to expensive parts. (For example - the motor blower costs me $250, starter motor cost me $850, which the part is used) but it was all worth it, and definitely fun car to drive around.

I almost bought Audi 2.8T but too many friends and coworker warned me about parts is so expensive unlike BMW.

Still driving my 1995 Jeep Cherokee. :)

I am thinking to get Cherokee. It's better than Wrangler for size and mpg.

Still have the '98 Ford Festiva

not sure what i said the last time...but here goes...a 1996 olds cutlessuperme.

Own 2007 Honda CR-V. I love compact CR-V. Once in a blizzard, I went to bring back a huge package and the car handled the storm and the load perfectly. Another time, I veered off the road to make a U-turn and the wheels started spinning, but hitting the gas pedal fully activated the AWD and got me out of the ditch.

:( I sold my Jeep Cherokee 3 weeks ago. :( I bought me a 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo. I couldn't really travel so far with the jeep. the jeep had 180 K and its been wrecked 2 times by me and my hubby. the first one, my hubby hit a deer and the 2nd one was a woman walked out in front of me and tore up the jeep. so we got the jeep fixed and sold it. the gas was killing me too. 13 mpg. I then bought me a Monte Carlo which is about 25 mpg (city) and 29 mpg (hwy). I love the way it drives and its a v6 with a good gas mileage. that's all that counts for me. :) I sure do miss my jeep though. I loved it!

:( I sold my Jeep Cherokee 3 weeks ago. :( I bought me a 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo. I couldn't really travel so far with the jeep. the jeep had 180 K and its been wrecked 2 times by me and my hubby. the first one, my hubby hit a deer and the 2nd one was a woman walked out in front of me and tore up the jeep. so we got the jeep fixed and sold it. the gas was killing me too. 13 mpg. I then bought me a Monte Carlo which is about 25 mpg (city) and 29 mpg (hwy). I love the way it drives and its a v6 with a good gas mileage. that's all that counts for me. :) I sure do miss my jeep though. I loved it!

MonteCarloGirl, from what I read, insurance tend to cost jeep more money than any other vehicles in its category (SUV), because of number of incidents (mostly on rollovers). Is that true?

MonteCarloGirl, from what I read, insurance tend to cost jeep more money than any other vehicles in its category (SUV), because of number of incidents (mostly on rollovers). Is that true?
believe it or not, the insurance on my monte carlo cost more than the jeep. Because the monte carlo is a 2 door sport. the jeep was cheaper. any SUV tend to roll over if you're not too careful turning into a sharp curve.

and yes.. I'm a MonteCarloGirl now :)

I re-read your post... I'm not sure if the jeep cost more than any other SUVs I would have thought Landrover, trooper, depending on the heights and width of the suv.. would flip quicker than others. but you could be right.

It is the gravity issues, JeepGirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back