What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Made (French medieval) peasant bread with four cups of flour and five eggs with no milk or water. Unleavened without baking powder or baking soda. Baked for an hour at 375 degrees F. That thing weighted a ton.

No wonder why loaves were good sources of protein and calories in the 14th century.

How were you able to slice it or even pull it apart? :P

Wirelessly posted

Surprisingly easy.

Although not easy to chew since it's like a gum, but again the recipe says to serve with vegetable soup, buttermilk, cream gravy or a spicy roux for dipping.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Surprisingly easy.

Although not easy to chew since it's like a gum, but again the recipe says to serve with vegetable soup, buttermilk, cream gravy or a spicy roux for dipping.

Thanks, Souggy; I was thinking it'd make good sopping material. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

And I ate two loaves without sopping them. :(

Wonder if they will show up on the waistline. 2,950 calories with 90g of protein per loaf. :shock:

We've come a long way since the last millennium. :laugh:

Last edited:
I learned that I may not be up to this forum much anymore. I seem lost and don't always understand other people's posts.

I have learnt that my videophone that has blocked me for a long while has been reinstated, I was able to access my VP as from last night :shock:

I have learnt that my videophone that has blocked me for a long while has been reinstated, I was able to access my VP as from last night :shock:

Really! Proxy is different. Your IP address is not right.

Really! Proxy is different. Your IP address is not right.
It seems it has nothing to do with the proxy or the ISP, my ISP is static it has been the same since we got the broadband - there is no reason for them to unban me, so I was able to log into my VP.

It seems it has nothing to do with the proxy or the ISP, my ISP is static it has been the same since we got the broadband - there is no reason for them to unban me, so I was able to log into my VP.

:hmm:

I learned that AE.com has the mowhawk trapper hat I wanted last year. I went ahead and ordered it and called it an early bday gift to myself. I will post pics when it arrives later this week.

I learned that my Arizona Cardinals sent the Super Bowl Champ home with their tails turned in. Hahahahahahahaha

Also learned that the Cowgirls became Cowgrandmas!

I learned that my Arizona Cardinals sent the Super Bowl Champ home with their tails turned in. Hahahahahahahaha

Also learned that the Cowgirls became Cowgrandmas!

I think Jerry Jones needs to retire and quit coming back to Danville parading his cowgrandmas and ridiculous stadiums around the bank foyer. It's really getting old and boring. I ran into him once, thought he looked like an ugly old man with a bad face lift job.

:laugh2:

OMG!! I just learned that hubby is kind of stupid about some things!! He came home earlier from the gas station and said he could figure out how to lock is locking gas cap. Went out, and all you got to do it turn until it clicks 3 times. I go by the feel, since when it clicks, it jumps a little. 3 jumps and it's locked up tight. What an "airhead"!!

I learned that I may not be up to this forum much anymore. I seem lost and don't always understand other people's posts.

What do you mean? I don't always understand people either so I will ask what do they mean or something similar.

I learned I'm in the early stages of kidney disease. :( And I have not been taking as good care of myself as I should. I'm feeling blue. The last time I saw my doctor, i thought my kidneys would clear up on my next visit but no she says it's here to stay. :(

Wirelessly posted

Two new Canadianisms via Twitter--

Turkey dump-- returning from University after Thanksgiving to find your relationship Is over

Ghost ship-- refugee ships heading toward Canada.

Ouch, I got turkey-dumped.

Ramp Tramp = chicks that hang out at skateboard parks and watch the boarders jump the ramps.

I learned I'm in the early stages of kidney disease. :( And I have not been taking as good care of myself as I should. I'm feeling blue. The last time I saw my doctor, i thought my kidneys would clear up on my next visit but no she says it's here to stay. :(

Hope all goes well. I will be thinking of you. :grouphug:

Just found out that there is fairly decent AT&T 3G coverage here at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back