What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that our work chaplain is also a fan of Red Bull. Maybe I am not as nuts as everyone wants to believe?

Quinoa is pretty filling too. Wow.

It has the highest amount of good quality protein of any grain you can get. One of the best.

I'm thinking that when I run out of the quinoa, I'll have to try the red Incan kind and see how I like it too. I won't need to eat as much meat with this grain. :) I'll never be a vegetarian let alone a vegan though. I like meat too much.

It is?

I get them for $2.50 a pound.. That "so expensive"??

Mine cost considerably more than that. It was like 5.99 per box. I thought I would just try it and then look for places where I can get it cheaper if it turns out I like it.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
souggy said:
Too bad it's so expensive.

It is?

I get them for $2.50 a pound.. That "so expensive"??

Let see... A 20kg bag of rice is about 20-30 dollars. A 40kg bag of flour is less than 20 dollars.

A 25kg bag of quinoa is about 100-150. Not really something to invest in if you're tight on budget and is living month to month.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Let see... A 20kg bag of rice is about 20-30 dollars. A 40kg bag of flour is less than 20 dollars.

A 25kg bag of quinoa is about 100-150. Not really something to invest in if you're tight on budget and is living month to month.

However the quinoa fills me up way more than the rice and flour.

I learned that my hands hurts really bad if you play four mallets in warm-up and for the rest of the practice period...which is also really exhausting to do.

I learned that I am eligible for an upgrade from Verizon. If I am able to utilize the Android phone to where it is functional for both school and socialization then I will not be purchasing an iPhone. I was under the assumption that we were locked into these phones and would NOT be eligible for any type of upgrade until September 2011. I will be looking at various Droid phones to see which would be the best use for me.

I learned that my brain is dead becuz I don't wear ha's not as much as I was.

learned that 33 miners are back on surface of earth today after 70 days down 2,047ft under!! hoorah hoorah!! :cheers:

i learn that my old fella found me via facebook, we havent been in touch for 8 years and finally found me...

have learnt a little about belly dancing, and I thought it was only Indian style way to do that such belly dancing, and I was wrong. There is more than one style.

have learnt a little about belly dancing, and I thought it was only Indian style way to do that such belly dancing, and I was wrong. There is more than one style.

Arabic style is :naughty:

learned that 33 miners are back on surface of earth today after 70 days down 2,047ft under!! hoorah hoorah!! :cheers:

YAY! :hyper: :h5: :hyper: I bet they're glad to be back on the surface! I do hope they won't have lasting medical problems from their stay below the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back