What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned that my dad also refused to believe my neighbor next door when she pointed to the bus stop sign on the corner near my apt. I take it he believes what he wants to believe even when evidence is right in front of him. :roll:

There are a few bus stop signs in my town that ought not to be there, since buses no longer stop there.

I learned I will have a short week at work next week. Not sure if I should be celebrating or not.

I learned I won half a bid on a job next week. I am to clean out an attic instead of going whole hog, but will earn a grand anyway.

I learned I won half a bid on a job next week. I am to clean out an attic instead of going whole hog, but will earn a grand anyway.

What does the other half include doing?

What does the other half include doing?

It was this old house just outside town. The owners are building additions to it, and they had flying squirrels in the attic. At first they wanted me to clean it out, vacuum all the turds and stuff, find/fix the holes where the critters come in, then take out the old fiberglass insulation, build a wall, and blow in loose insulation. I told them 2200, which I thought was a steal, but apparently they have another crew for the carpentry work, which is fine with me. It won't be too hard to clean the attic out in one day, providing I wear a mask and take the proper precautions.

There are a few bus stop signs in my town that ought not to be there, since buses no longer stop there.

My neighbor says the bus stops at the bus stop 9x a day near my apt. She doesn't have a car. Dunno about other parts of Lynchburg.

I am looking forward to my mini vacation/graduation from Medical Assistant school :)

My neighbor says the bus stops at the bus stop 9x a day near my apt. She doesn't have a car. Dunno about other parts of Lynchburg.

Don't they have a website where you can check the bus stops and schedules?

It was this old house just outside town. The owners are building additions to it, and they had flying squirrels in the attic. At first they wanted me to clean it out, vacuum all the turds and stuff, find/fix the holes where the critters come in, then take out the old fiberglass insulation, build a wall, and blow in loose insulation. I told them 2200, which I thought was a steal, but apparently they have another crew for the carpentry work, which is fine with me. It won't be too hard to clean the attic out in one day, providing I wear a mask and take the proper precautions.

Oic, Beo....thanks

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:

Her father is... um... special. Not talking about intelligence, but one of those people who think they know everything and don't need to read or ask people for help.

Yes. I've used it.

My neighbor knows the bus route well as she has to use it everyday. My dad has been known to ignore evidence even when it's right in front of his eyes. It's because he's very inflexiable in his thinking.

Wirelessly posted

Her father is... um... special. Not talking about intelligence, but one of those people who think they know everything and don't need to read or ask people for help.

Exactly. :P

Learned cherry tomatoes shrink awfully small when you saute them.

I learned that my brother is coming for a tooooo long visit. I love him but two weeks and I will have no more food, he will take over my bathroom, the sofa and the time. But it is cool, he understands my insults. He also knows a little ASL. Think I should force him to go to Deaf Coffee with me? (say yes)

My brother is living with us so got some of the same issues. LOL!

My brother is living with us so got some of the same issues. LOL!

I think there are many more homes with multifamily member dynamics than people would think. When people are young adults they live with roomies, some young couples live with parents, and families who have elder members live in to help assist with their cares (which is my case). When I was married, my ex-wifes grandparents moved into our house for a few months.

It is so true though that our roomates, friends, siblings, parents, grandparents, or other extended family have different quirks that can make you want to pull your hair out occasionally. I would consider it a rarity if there was always total harmony when other's are sharing your house/residence.

I think there are many more homes with multifamily member dynamics than people would think. When people are young adults they live with roomies, some young couples live with parents, and families who have elder members live in to help assist with their cares (which is my case). When I was married, my ex-wifes grandparents moved into our house for a few months.

It is so true though that our roomates, friends, siblings, parents, grandparents, or other extended family have different quirks that can make you want to pull your hair out occasionally. I would consider it a rarity if there was always total harmony when other's are sharing your house/residence.

I should know! After my divorce from my ex hubby when I was 28, I was forced into the roommate lifestyle..I learned a lot from living with so many different people in such a short time before buying this house 3 years ago. I wouldnt trade my experience for anything. :)

Kind of like me these days. My mother has lived with us since 8 months after the wedding. And we are, since June 2009, living with my mother-in-law. We have MIL, my mother, hubby, 2 teens and myself all in the house.

Wirelessly posted

Wow! That was the most diplomatically phrased assessment I have seen lately. Good job!:giggle:

Wirelessly posted

Made (French medieval) peasant bread with four cups of flour and five eggs with no milk or water. Unleavened without baking powder or baking soda. Baked for an hour at 375 degrees F. That thing weighted a ton.

No wonder why loaves were good sources of protein and calories in the 14th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back