What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I a mind of useless facts

What happened?

Secretblend when you feel up to it could you tell us what happen , sorry this happen to you.

:aw:that sucks, Secretblend, I'm sorry to read-

I applied for a cable installer job last week. It seems like it was going very well. Got as far as her asking me to fill out w-2 and other forms. Today she said she was talking with owner and "they" felt like with dealing with customers, managers, and calling dispatcher, it would be too much for me to handle..

In other words, cause I am deaf, it would be hard to communicate so they decided I am not for the job.

On the other hand, I did get some good news. I did find a job today and I start tomorrow at a higher pay than I expected.

Last edited:
I learned my train tomorrow was cancelled due to the flooding in SC so I won't be going to FL for a same day turnaround to DC. Luckily I had not cancelled my backup ticket for this Friday. I'll be going down Friday morning to meet my friends for the start of our 3 day weekend of riding trains.

Unfortunately, looks like my friend in FL won't be coming to the gathering because she does not fly. Another who lives in FL changed his plans to fly up.

I learned my train tomorrow was cancelled due to the flooding in SC so I won't be going to FL for a same day turnaround to DC. Luckily I had not cancelled my backup ticket for this Friday. I'll be going down Friday morning to meet my friends for the start of our 3 day weekend of riding trains.

Unfortunately, looks like my friend in FL won't be coming to the gathering because she does not fly. Another who lives in FL changed his plans to fly up.

Good Luck at it all working out. I was trying to think of where to post my question about how it was looking by now. I am also wondering if there will be any equipment problems for your schedule. There was a derailment up north, Vermont I think it was.

Also it looks to me like the change in plans may help you get more settled in your new apartment!

Reba, they are saving the gum to continue chewing after the church service, but not during the service. When I was in school, if we were caught chewing gum as punishment we had to put it on the end of our nose for I don't know how long as it never happened to me.
Oh. When I was in school, they just had to spit it out into a piece of paper and throw it away.

When I was kid, stuff like gum and candy was rationed out to us by our parents, so I don't recall even having any gum or candy to take to school. :lol:

Oh. When I was in school, they just had to spit it out into a piece of paper and throw it away.

When I was kid, stuff like gum and candy was rationed out to us by our parents, so I don't recall even having any gum or candy to take to school. :lol:

My mom didn't buy gum for use when were kids . Mom said when her parents first arrived in this country her mother had no idea why some people looked like cows chewing their cuds. So mom felt the same way . :giggle:
I never chewed a lot gum when I got older .

My mom didn't buy gum for use when were kids . Mom said when her parents first arrived in this country her mother had no idea why some people looked like cows chewing their cuds. So mom felt the same way . :giggle:
I never chewed a lot gum when I got older .
I liked pink bubblegum because I liked making the bubbles but after elementary school I pretty much gave up gum chewing. For my Sjogren's dry mouth my doctor says I could chew gum but I really don't want to; I don't know if I even know how anymore. :giggle:

That there's a blue dot on the unread/new posts on the app. Has that always been the case?

I learned that the only road to our favorite camping park is under threat of collapse from this SC rain flooding. The people who live there full-time, and residents from the surrounding area have to evacuate. :(
eewwww that stinks :(

I've been reading stories here and there- some from people I know in other parts of NC and in SC.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ET.jpg
    ET.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 41
I liked pink bubblegum because I liked making the bubbles but after elementary school I pretty much gave up gum chewing. For my Sjogren's dry mouth my doctor says I could chew gum but I really don't want to; I don't know if I even know how anymore. :giggle:

I have TMJ and chewing gum made it worst , UGH ! I can remeber finding
ABC gum stuck under my desk at school . Want some ABC gum ? :giggle:

I learned that a SC woman had to escape flooding, so she grabbed her kids and cats. She put the five cats in a suitcase to rescue them.

I learned that a SC woman had to escape flooding, so she grabbed her kids and cats. She put the five cats in a suitcase to rescue them.

Was that good or bad? Did they survive? I guess it depended on how far she was going!

Was that good or bad? Did they survive? I guess it depended on how far she was going!
The woman didn't seem upset during the interview, so I think they survived. She just seemed kind of flustered at the time. I don't think they had to go far but going thru water that was probably the best way to transport the cats without losing them. (Try carrying five cats in just your arms while walking outdoors thru water--ack!)

Felines down there must be puss...s...
I cant fathom.trying that with the feilines ive known...without losing allot of flesh and some.blood..

5 of em...
Wow

Felines down there must be puss...s...
I cant fathom.trying that with the feilines ive known...without losing allot of flesh and some.blood..

5 of em...
Wow

Yeah, I don't know how she did that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back