What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. I enjoyed his Have Gun Will Travel show when I was a kid. He was also a Navy veteran who saw action during WWII.

@ Reba so I guess that meant a lot poor deer lost their lives in the flooding . :( This has to be the same for other wildlife too. RIP deer

Care to elaborate? :lol:

In uk areas in London area get water from north of England,I not sure of science behind it so bare with me..There line of big rock and boulders the water is contained within them.i seen the stones myself.These stones I not sure what material it is mayb e lime there underground resovoir in east London Woodford area the water go into it.It not greatly known about because get one day of hot weather and we slapped with hose pipe ban...My sister works for water company and tell me this true

The fact. Is we should have no problems with water but we do because of mis managment

@ Reba so I guess that meant a lot poor deer lost their lives in the flooding . :( This has to be the same for other wildlife too. RIP deer
That's not the reason for the hunting ban. The reason is, because they lost a lot of their habitat and can't run as well in the water, they would be too easy to hunt now. It's considered not "sporting" to hunt deer when they're disoriented and disadvantaged in their territory.

In uk areas in London area get water from north of England,I not sure of science behind it so bare with me..There line of big rock and boulders the water is contained within them.i seen the stones myself.These stones I not sure what material it is mayb e lime there underground resovoir in east London Woodford area the water go into it.It not greatly known about because get one day of hot weather and we slapped with hose pipe ban...My sister works for water company and tell me this true
Sounds kind of like the ancient Roman aqueduct system.

That wouldn't work for taking water from the East Coast of the US to the West Coast. For one thing, it's a lot further, over deserts and mountains, and would probably evaporate by the time it got that far. Also, there's no good way of collecting flood water, which is contaminated, and tends to flow toward the sea along the coast. I guess the water would have to be collected as it fell from the sky before it touched the ground, so that would be rather tricky. Besides, they told us this is a flood of 1,000 years, so it's not something regular enough to set up a transport system for.

That's not the reason for the hunting ban. The reason is, because they lost a lot of their habitat and can't run as well in the water, they would be too easy to hunt now. It's considered not "sporting" to hunt deer when they're disoriented and disadvantaged in their territory.

Ok , I was thinking of the baby deer losing it mother so I thought a lot deer drowned in the flooding . I am glad people are thinking about the deer being too easy a target right now. Has the water gone down completely where you live ?

Ok , I was thinking of the baby deer losing it mother so I thought a lot deer drowned in the flooding . I am glad people are thinking about the deer being too easy a target right now. Has the water gone down completely where you live ?
Most of our immediate neighborhood is almost dry but surrounding areas are still wet. Many roads and bridges are still closed--lots of detours around. Train tracks are unusable.

While TCS was out working today he saw the SC National Guard troops out helping with clean ups. They were hauling wet furniture out of houses to the curb, and then bringing in their heavy equipment to haul it away.

Several school districts are still closed.

What a terrible mess, I feel so bad for those people who lost everything, and no insurance. :(

I liked that too, I don't see this on TV anymore , I see a lot other old western shows but no Have Gun Will Travel .

I have his rerun episodes of "Have Gun will travel". I sometime watched them, not often. I did see other old western shows, too. :cool2:

I just learned that my county is under flood watch (again) until 2 p.m. tomorrow. :(

NO oh ! This is not what you need , I hope everyone will be safe . :aw:

I learned that my dog and I just missed running into the fox by a few seconds ,it left his calling card right where I was going to let Marty go . We got back inside fast !

That my city is finally tracking down on dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs . The police can now give people a ticket if they don't any
poop bag and or scoop to pickup their poop. People been bringing their dogs to the new elementary school that was just build last year and letting their dogs poop all over the lawn and not picking it up! The kids were stepping into the poop and tracking into the school . Damn some people are so disgusting that it's sicken ! I always have at least 2 poop bags on me when I walk my dog. My dentist wrote a letter in the newspaper complaining about all the dog poop in the city , I am going to thank him the next time I see him. The first fine is $50 , then $75 , and $100 so I am going to really made sure I have poop bags for my puppy !

That my city is finally tracking down on dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs . The police can now give people a ticket if they don't any
poop bag and or scoop to pickup their poop. People been bringing their dogs to the new elementary school that was just build last year and letting their dogs poop all over the lawn and not picking it up! The kids were stepping into the poop and tracking into the school . Damn some people are so disgusting that it's sicken ! I always have at least 2 poop bags on me when I walk my dog. My dentist wrote a letter in the newspaper complaining about all the dog poop in the city , I am going to thank him the next time I see him. The first fine is $50 , then $75 , and $100 so I am going to really made sure I have poop bags for my puppy !
Wow! What is wrong with these lazy dog owners?

Your city got brains and care..My town drowning in dog crap.Every night I wait for blasted doc owner who craps just by my gate I never seen him or dog yet crap is back I only turn my head for less than a min

Wow! What is wrong with these lazy dog owners?

They think they're above the law ! I was making phone calls about people letting their dogs run lose at the duck pond , dogs had to be on their leashes at all times. I also complained that I was tried of always having to look down when I walked my dog , I like to look a nature not be on the outlook for
dog poop. The article in the newspaper said one trail was covered in poop after all the snow melted from last winter. It was on the benches and railings ! Disgusting ! I have trouble bending over with my poor balance
but I still pickup after my dog and sometime pickup other people dogs poop.
What pissed me of is that our taxes were increase to pay for the cost of the new school and we have jackasses letting their crap all over the yard were kids play. Sorry for ranting but I am sick of stepping in other people dog poop. Fall here so the falling leaves will be covering up any poop on the ground and you have no idea you're about to step in poop!

:pissed:

@caz no this been going on for years my city been very lazy about enforcing a lot the laws they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back