What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to learn that another Police Officer was killed in the line of duty. Officer Thalmann was just 22 years old, seven months on duty from North Carolina.
He died from his wounds from being shot in the face.
RIP
:(

I haven't heard of that one but it isn't the first and unfortunately won't be the last. In 2008 2 deputies were ambushed one was killed from being shot in the head as soon as they stepped out of their cars. I'll list the info for it. I know Chris Martin but not Deputy Klutz(the one that was killed). Martin was over the Sheriffs Dept Explorers when my nephew was in that too. Scares me a little him being out there especially since I got him into law enforcement in the first place. The article don't say the outcome but the shooter ended up killing himself in the woods not far from his home. There is an annual blood drive at the SO now and is named for Deputy Klutz.

Police: Suspect In Deadly Deputy Shooting A War Veteran | www.wsoctv.com
9057369_BG1.jpg

:(

Think I'll jump into the fray :giggle:...about the Loch Ness Monster...it was "thought" to have been spotted in Georgia 30-40 years ago...St. Mary's River....very huge....gliding in the water...

My dog can bring a smile on a persons face. Never know those people might have had a bad day or other. It makes me happy to see that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Scott,
Here is the officer I was speaking of......
View attachment 20644
From New Bern, NC.
Sorry I have not learned how to make my photos larger.

Thank you for the information ... I was able to find it online by that ... New Bern is on the coast ... another officer was shot too but he returned fire and killed the suspect. I hope I never get that kind of call for my nephew he's like the son I never had :|
New Bern police officer shot during chase dies - seattlepi.com

My dog can bring a smile on a persons face. Never know those people might have had a bad day or other. It makes me happy to see that .

That's why dogs will always be a man's best friend. :lol:

As for me, today, I learned that my friend and her daughter were in a bad car accident which wasn't the fault of my friend, but due to a man driving recklessly. :(

As for me, today, I learned that my friend and her daughter were in a bad car accident which wasn't the fault of my friend, but due to a man driving recklessly. :(

Hope your friend and their kid will be ok :(

Very true about the best friend.

Praying your friend and her daughter will be ok.

Hope your friend and their kid will be ok :(

They will be okay, but the recovery may take quite a while. The mother sustained a leg injury, broken ribs, and a part of her lung collapsed. The daughter has some lacerations on her nose and was slipping in and out of consciousness.

Very true about the best friend.

A dog is a man's best friend. A diamond is a woman's best friend.

Don't you agree with those two statements? :hmm:

They will be okay, but the recovery may take quite a while. The mother sustained a leg injury, broken ribs, and a part of her lung collapsed. The daughter has some lacerations on her nose and was slipping in and out of consciousness.

A dog is a man's best friend. A diamond is a woman's best friend.

Don't you agree with those two statements? :hmm:

I have Porkie, she's my best friend :)

I learned that some people can just be, well, ungenerous in spite of not showing compassion towards others.

I learned that some older man crashed through the gates at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Luckily it was early and most students were not there yet. After he crashed through the gates he drove off crashing into numerous parked automobiles. Daughter says it was a really big mess and very difficult to get to school today. Really happy no one got hurt.

I learned "nudity" isn't allowed in General Chat threads as in pictures (which I knew) and restricted to the appropriate forum topics but "nudity" can be referred to in general as long as there is nothing visual .... so ..... guess what ...

I shower NAKED WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I got some full frontal nudity going on the the shower baby!!!!! YEEEE HAAAAW!!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:devil:

Thank you that is all ....

Sorry that was just too funny to pass up LOL :laugh2:

well today, a bit more linux and that old house parts salvage yard for a replacement door for shed was a real waste of time, im gonna repair one of the door instead.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back