What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you off your rocker???? It's obvious you aren't yourself already.

Nope. Perfectly sane. However, I just took those same meds, so let's not freak out, okay? And they said if I went more than 3 days without it, terrible things would happen, and it never did.

Then they need to be told.

You are playing with fire by stopping abruptly. Just because you "feel good" does not mean it is a brilliant idea to stop. ESPECIALLY if you have a dx of Tourette's and/or Schizophrenia (or whatever else mental illness you have).

Your doctor will also be very pissed off and may just kick you out of his service for "non compliance".

I am not freaking out, I am more angry that you decided to mess with your own health. Glad that you did take them today (if that can be believed).

NO it is NOT perfectly sane to suddenly decide not to take meds and not inform the doctor. Forgetting one day is forgivable (hell *I* have done that) but then making a purposeful decision to CONTINUE is insane.

Then they need to be told.

You are playing with fire by stopping abruptly. Just because you "feel good" does not mean it is a brilliant idea to stop. ESPECIALLY if you have a dx of Tourette's and/or Schizophrenia (or whatever else mental illness you have).

Your doctor will also be very pissed off and may just kick you out of his service for "non compliance".

Now I know why you are in Thresholds or whatever program it is.

Yeah-- only I can do that. They're not gonna believe anyone here, because I have always been forthcoming with them, and I am planning on discussing with the doctor about possibly reducing the dosage I take now, as I believe the time is appropriate for that to happen. And I quit taking my morning meds, and the doctor, who, by the way, is a female, and didn't kick me out. Now my morning meds have been eliminated, and I am keeping the night meds.

I don't know exactly why, but let me tell you this-- I am starting to feel more normal than I have in YEARS. Prior to 1993, I wasn't taking meds, but after that, I was taking them until recently, when all of a sudden I stopped, and I feel more like.myself than ever before. Heck, I just may tell the doctor to f*** off the meds. It's been 5 days, and I have not yet done anything major, and doubtful I will.

like what? for example...

Oh, it's been days. Last time I took meds was last Saturday, I believe. Haven't taken any since. And quite frankly, if my staff ever knew what happened, they'd freak out.

Bologna.

Now how I know? You tell us everything but bathroom trips. You treat AD like Twitter account. If you'd quit your meds 5 days ago you would have told us ohhhhh about 5 days ago.

You would have posted it somewhere between "my friend blah ntouch blah need to grocery shopping" and a post about "I had a close call. I shoe was untied and almost tripped into traffic, which lets put it this way, is a felony and I could have landed in jail."

like what? for example...

Suddenly snap out of the blue and do something really bad, which is thought what would happen if I did miss several nights of meds, and never did.

Suddenly snap out of the blue and do something really bad, which is thought what would happen if I did miss several nights of meds, and never did.

oh I see. you really should get back on meds. the reason you are feeling better is because of your meds. it's just the matter of time your meds will wear off and your moment of clarity will turn into chaos.

all you gotta do is continue your meds and seek your doctor to lower the dosage.

Bologna.

Now how I know? You tell us everything but bathroom trips. You treat AD like Twitter account. If you'd quit your meds 5 days ago you would have told us ohhhhh about 5 days ago.

You would have posted it somewhere between "my friend blah ntouch blah need to grocery shopping" and a post about "I had a close call. I shoe was untied and almost tripped into traffic, which lets put it this way, is a felony and I could have landed in jail."

I can prove it. I have the medicine upstairs in my room. However, for safety reasons, I can't post a picture of the meds, as there is sensitive info on the labeling, and I can't have that.

oh I see. you really should get back on meds. the reason you are feeling better is because of your meds. it's just the matter of time your meds will wear off and your moment of clarity will turn into chaos.

all you gotta do is continue your meds and seek your doctor to lower the dosage.

Yeah. I don't see the doctor until June, though. And I notified my staff that a Medicine change was needed.

Nope. You would have told us you were thinking about it before you actually did.

Go take your meds. You're probably just thinking you can not take them and be okay.

You are wrong.

Go take your meds.

I wonder if we'll be seeing a certain member going on a berserk rage at the local nudie bar.

I am with Jiro's post. I do not understand why you decided not to take the medicine. Just because????

Nope. Perfectly sane. However, I just took those same meds, so let's not freak out, okay? And they said if I went more than 3 days without it, terrible things would happen, and it never did.
That's really not up to you to determine. You should never cold turkey quit taking meds without discussing it first with your doctor. Medications have all kinds of interactions and side effects that you might not be aware of. Even if they are drugs for psychological problems stopping them suddenly can effect not just your mind and emotions but also your body. This is serious. :nono:

I learned that if I feel negatively about myself, it's better to not talk about myself. It would be better to share useful news or interesting facts you find online. That's exactly what I've been doing.

Medications are there for a reason is to help control your body and some help with your blood level. Once you are on medications, you should never stop unless the doctor tells you to do so. If the medications stops, your body reacts differently and will not be normal.

The reason you are feeling fine now is because the medicine is still technically in your body. Sometime it takes a couple of days or weeks before you start to see the true effects without the medicine. Please do take the medicine as directed because, it regulates your body and it is for your own safety as well as others too.

You might feel fine now but you are only fooling yourself. So, please do not danger yourself up.

There's a reason why Mark isn't under a 24/7 care. I think he can decide what is the best for him. If it turns out for the worse, then he'll live with it. He has his independence.

There's a reason why Mark isn't under a 24/7 care. I think he can decide what is the best for him. If it turns out for the worse, then he'll live with it. He has his independence.

That may be true but when it comes to medicine, it should not be downplayed to begin with. Just saying.

Mark i can see why you would stop taking your meds. Its frustrating having to take medications every single day of your life. I have quitted my medications before without my doctors concent and well it disnt end pretty. Its for a different thing than yours but yeah. I would say that if you plan on going off your meds firat wait to go see the doctors. Depending on how severe your tourettes is you can control it without medication but for that you need your doctor's help. For schizophrenia you do need medications, its very rare and depending on the type of schizophrenia that you can go off medications. And if you do it has to be little by little. Maybe the effects have not been felt because there is still medication in your body. In the end it is your choice if to take those medications or not but could you at least wait until you see the doctor please? Talk with your doctor about it. I know its annoying to take the meds but just to make sure its all fine lets wait before going off them ok? Sorry if this upsets you just wanted to give my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back