What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can prove it. I have the medicine upstairs in my room. However, for safety reasons, I can't post a picture of the meds, as there is sensitive info on the labeling, and I can't have that.

Wow.. top secret medication now?

Take a pic.
Edit the pic and blank out/block out any personal info like name/doc name etcetera so that only the name of the medication is showing.

Simple.

That said- Saying you stopped your meds 5 days ago- expect that people will comment on it, once you put something out on the internet it ain't private anymore. Medication and proper administration of it IS a huge concern.

Derek, the fact that Mark is or is not independent and can 'decide for himself' has nothing to do with the dangers of stopping medication on his own. He isn't the first nor will be the last 'independent living' person to go and ditch their medication 'because they feel fine without it!' and not realize the negative consequences nor how medications actually process through the body and that it can remain in one's system for weeks after reduction or stoppage. What's going to happen when he DOES crash?

All well and good to decide what you want but with medication especially potent meds like the ones Mark is taking apparently- it is better to be under a doctor's care and having him/her actively monitoring it and visits sooner than fricking JUNE.

I can actually hear/feel a few other people's eyes rolling SO hard right now.

There's a reason why Mark isn't under a 24/7 care. I think he can decide what is the best for him. If it turns out for the worse, then he'll live with it. He has his independence.

According to his statement, that he has not informed HIS STAFF that he didn't want his staff know about the medicine. I am under the impression that staff do need to be around those people like him. So he is not on his own independence yet.

Wow.. top secret medication now?

Take a pic.

Edit the pic and blank out/block out any personal info like name/doc name etcetera so that only the name of the medication is showing.

Simple.

I don't see how he thinks taking a pic of his pill bottles is going to prove he hasn't taken any since Saturday. I mean honestly....how much sense does that make. Noooone

He's lying anyway people he didn't stop taking his meds 5 days ago. He would have said something before he even stopped. We posts everything, I'm just glad we don't get.......

I think I'm going to poop.

I just came back from going poop, now Im thinking about how I need to stock up on toilet paper.

He tells use when texts his texts his stepmom. Does anyone really believe he waited and entire 5 days to tell he stopped his meds?

I learned to check and make sure the kids did not play with the cream rinse when I let them play in my tub. Washed my hair and could not condition it. Now I look like a poodle who licked a light socket. :D

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

There's a reason why Mark isn't under a 24/7 care. I think he can decide what is the best for him. If it turns out for the worse, then he'll live with it. He has his independence.
Derek, even people who live totally independent need to follow their doctor's orders. Medications don't care if the person is independent or not.

I understand that Mark will have to live with the consequences of his decisions about his meds but his choices will also impact other people. That can happen either thru his reactions to other people while being off his meds, or by causing problems for the staff people who might have to deal with his actions without having the full knowledge of his being off meds.

With independence comes responsibility.

I learned to check and make sure the kids did not play with the cream rinse when I let them play in my tub. Washed my hair and could not condition it. Now I look like a poodle who licked a light socket. :D

:lol: I like that description!

I have learned not to put any Videos with man made caption on the Chat line

As was explained to me by Joe.

I will not put anymore videos on chat .

Thank you all for your patience with Trainman and his posts.

Take care all and enjoy the spring weather.

Traniman.

:) I have learned not to put any Videos with man made caption on the Chat As was explained to me by Joe.

I will not put anymore videos on chat .

Thank you all for your patience with Trainman and his posts.

Take care all and enjoy the spring weather.

Traniman.

Who's Joe? He must be an idiot too.

It's machine made captions that don't work.

But I am sure many people will be happy with your decision.

Stalking me around to make manipulative little comments isn't your best course of action, by the way.

I learned that people can be hard on someone's innocence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned that there is a bookstore not far from my home that sells books for a decent price. Awesome!! I shall have to go and check that place out someday.

When my brother doesn't take his meds, because he thinks he is doing fine, he lands in jail.

I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get him the help he needs.

He is back on his meds and hasn't been in jail for 5 years now. He realized that he cant do well without his meds.

Doc will be contacting my insurance again to see what kind of scooter or wheelchair I can qualify for through my plan. I fell again today. This makes at least 1 fall each day for 3 solid weeks. Doc wants me to stay off feet for rest of today and see me tomorrow.

Wellll, just skimmed thru some posters' regarding to off/on meds for mental illness and its personality/behavior affects from not taking these kind of mental meds...

I learned not today but it was last December thru my cousin's FB status saying thanks to the prayers that my 2nd cousin was doing well since he was ON meds for his schizophrenia. That is one I did not know until this. about my 2nd cousin's mental illness. The same very late night after I learned about my second cousin has mental illness/is on meds thanks to my cousin's FB status, but in a half hour later the curiosity had led me to check out the record information on my 2nd cousin by googling his name to see if he was the same cousin my mom had been telling me about in the past who had been in juvenile prison many years ago when he was a teen, but it came to my shock, there was an early AM Lincoln Herald newspaper online based in Lincoln, Nebraska had been just updated, there was my 2nd cousin's name has been reported, the polices that are looking for him, he was being wanted for sexual assault (raped?) the woman as to whom his friend's friend's roommate. Wow, wtf. I figured it out, it must be that happened when he wasn't on meds, it caused his criminal behavior that gotten out of control.

Here's something odd I learned-- that mechanical bells from railroad crossings on YouTube will lull me right to sleep. Think I need to get one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back