What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: ah yes, the change of plans...mom and I hope to get together in Thursday. She was not pleased with my dad insisting on going shopping. Hubby came home and plowed last night and I guess he has to plow again; luckily the dogs enjoy the snow!

I agree your hubby is lucky! I'm glad for you that you and he will be together.
:)

Did some cleaning up in my apt and mop the floor and now waiting to do the bathroom cleaning as the floor I mopped in the hall way to the bathroom is still wet so hmm surfing in here and other sports forums looking for good nuggets and some interesting reading to do... ah..

Turns out it was a drug bust. The side road by that house is a mecca for drugs and all, but the police finally figured that this house is a major part of it as well. They used to run a day-care out of the home, but the lady lost her permit. Now, she specializes in children's' birthday parties with clowns for hire. That sounded a little off to me. They just had a big to do this weekend and seems that people went to leak info to the police.

So far today, I have cleaned the bedroom, done 8 loads of laundry with 5 more to go, emptied and cleaned out the fridge and freezer. We are having some element replaced in the freezer. The freezer keeps frosting up and the ice maker only works half the time. Also the light comes on only when it feels like it.

I am almost done with work. I was swamp with grading papers in the deaf class :)

Yep and we do it twice a week. 8-13 loads each time for 5 people. I can't stand a kitchen towel being used for more than 1 day, so there's a lot there. Also, for some reason, daughter will not wear pj's more than once before washing and hubby can't use the same bath towel more than once. I have tried for 17 years to break that habit, but it just won't work.

Yep and we do it twice a week. 8-13 loads each time for 5 people. I can't stand a kitchen towel being used for more than 1 day, so there's a lot there. Also, for some reason, daughter will not wear pj's more than once before washing and hubby can't use the same bath towel more than once. I have tried for 17 years to break that habit, but it just won't work.

Wow! That's a big loads. Lucky you don't live in Australia because you wouldn't be allowed to do that many loads in a week let alone one day due to water restriction. If water company or something like it finds out you've been exceeding the allowable limit, they would have turned off the water in your house.

I went to work, came home had lunch, watched some TV, went back to work and I will do it all again tomorrow.

I'm in creative mood today so I'm making jewelry and experminting with styles.

Taught multiplication concepts in math, the concept of facts and opinions in my reading class and read with my students, worked with my students on subject and verb agreement in my writing class, and the concept of mass regarding atoms in my science class, sent my students home one hour early due to the snow, worked on my lesson plans for an hour, had a Pre-IEP meeting with the IEP team, drove home in sleet, picked up my son, jogged for 3.5 miles on the treadmill in my basement, cleaned up, got my and my son's clothes ready for tmw, got my lunch ready for tmw, and now I am taking a break. :)

Shel - wow now I'M tired-

I see a therapist now and I described my life and he said that I need to learn how to relax. It is hard for me not to. I cant relax knowing that there are things that need to be done. Oh well.

That was probably why I was able to survive working 40 hours during the week and then another 40 hours during the weekend when I was working 2 full-time jobs for 2 years. Even in high school, I worked part time while playing on my high school softball team, plus school and homework.

I see a therapist now and I described my life and he said that I need to learn how to relax. It is hard for me not to. I cant relax knowing that there are things that need to be done. Oh well.
yup... you're not really the type who can sit and do nothing for even 24 hrs just to relax. you're like a Dunkin' Donut. You gotta gooo!

That was probably why I was able to survive working 40 hours during the week and then another 40 hours during the weekend when I was working 2 full-time jobs for 2 years. Even in high school, I worked part time while playing on my high school softball team, plus school and homework.
but... at your age... you really should take it easy. Brain Aneurysm ain't pretty.

Wirelessly posted

I am researching zumba music. I already came up with a few dance routines :) They make you SWEAT!!

yup... you're not really the type who can sit and do nothing for even 24 hrs just to relax. you're like a Dunkin' Donut. You gotta gooo!

but... at your age... you really should take it easy. Brain Aneurysm ain't pretty.

I dont know how to relax. I relax on the couch at home sometimes but it is not enough according to some people.

:lol: You ladykiller you!

I dont know how to relax. I relax on the couch at home sometimes but it is not enough according to some people.

yes - that's true. there are many ways that people can relax. go fishing. hiking. hunting. shopping. motorcycling. swimming. etc.

but the point is... you gotta relax WITHOUT letting your problems affect you. The whole point of relaxing is to GET AWAY from problems just for a moment so that your mental health can recuperates enough to deal with the problem once again.

But when people don't relax enough to heal up their mental health... that's when people hit the breaking point.... they just snap. :Ohno:

yes - that's true. there are many ways that people can relax. go fishing. hiking. hunting. shopping. motorcycling. swimming. etc.

but the point is... you gotta relax WITHOUT letting your problems affect you. The whole point of relaxing is to GET AWAY from problems just for a moment so that your mental health can recuperates enough to deal with the problem once again.

But when people don't relax enough to heal up their mental health... that's when people hit the breaking point.... they just snap. :Ohno:

yea...I need a vacation away from home. Like a resort...I would love to join my brotherand his girlfriend for a skiing trip during President's Day weekend. They are going to a resort in farrrrrrrrr Western Maryland. My brother has been begging me for my hubby and I to join them. I will talk to my hubby about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back