What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about how awful my grandpa looks tonight. I received a call from Dad who's in Florida told me that my grandpa isn't getting better, instead he's getting worse. That he's been refusing to get any treatment, his lung has inflated and the docs & grandma wants him to have surgery done to lift the lung up but Grandpa has refused it. Dad thinks that Grandpa only has few days to a week to live...due to cancer and phenomia.

So I went to the hospital tonight and it has hit me hard when I saw grandpa lying there on the bed, unable to move and I can tell that he's in so much pain, in his eyes, it's like he's giving up. I also was surprised to see my cousin that has drove up from Hermiston to see Grandpa. Grandma isn't doing good, I can tell by her body lang and facial expression but she's trying to stay strong. Grandpa was so happy to see me, that I can tell and I almost just cried at the sight of him, it has brought many memories of my mother who has died due to battle of cancer.

So for most of the night, my cousin Carl and I sat at sides of his bed, keeping him company and comfort. Nurses has came into the room, trying to give him medications but he refuses.... and that really hit me hard.... it's like I'm finally realizing that he's giving up. I'm totally stressing out about my grandparents and with top of it dealing with my emotions. But whenever I'm around my family, I keep a mask on, a mask of expression that everything will be alright, that I am fine when in reality that in me, I'm struggling with the term that I'm about to loose another family member to cancer.

That's so true. We gain wisdom as we age, but seldom pass on our wisdom to others.

From the previous page, *deep breath*.....ok, I won't give up. It's a part of who I am, that I cannot help myself being very passionate to women. They can do whatever they want and bring pain to me, but I will always be good to them.

We gain wisdom? How about achieve wisdom? We have to lose so much to get there it is hard to call it gain. Ouch man wear a cup then. I have yet to run across a woman who in some way or another is not tougher than I am. It is sure good when its good though.

I'm thinking about how awful my grandpa looks tonight. I received a call from Dad who's in Florida told me that my grandpa isn't getting better, instead he's getting worse. That he's been refusing to get any treatment, his lung has inflated and the docs & grandma wants him to have surgery done to lift the lung up but Grandpa has refused it. Dad thinks that Grandpa only has few days to a week to live...due to cancer and phenomia.

So I went to the hospital tonight and it has hit me hard when I saw grandpa lying there on the bed, unable to move and I can tell that he's in so much pain, in his eyes, it's like he's giving up. I also was surprised to see my cousin that has drove up from Hermiston to see Grandpa. Grandma isn't doing good, I can tell by her body lang and facial expression but she's trying to stay strong. Grandpa was so happy to see me, that I can tell and I almost just cried at the sight of him, it has brought many memories of my mother who has died due to battle of cancer.

So for most of the night, my cousin Carl and I sat at sides of his bed, keeping him company and comfort. Nurses has came into the room, trying to give him medications but he refuses.... and that really hit me hard.... it's like I'm finally realizing that he's giving up. I'm totally stressing out about my grandparents and with top of it dealing with my emotions. But whenever I'm around my family, I keep a mask on, a mask of expression that everything will be alright, that I am fine when in reality that in me, I'm struggling with the term that I'm about to loose another family member to cancer.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for your grandpa and can see that it's affecting you and your family. We have been given wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong, courage to change the things we can, and serenity to accept the things we cannot control.

Yesterday, I had a memory similar to this. It means that my prayers go out to you and your family, that I hope everyone sticks through the tough times.

Peace

Last edited:
Thinking I should move my butt off this couch... post office closes in 30 minutes :roll:

I am thinking about making a video via Windows Movie Maker... but first I need to figure out how to use it. I also need to figure out how I can burn some DVDs onto my computer.

Windows DVD maker should be able to burn DVDs. Not sure how good it is since I only used it once.

Its going to be a hot day and going to a meet up of Interpreters :)

I am thinking if Casualty is going to be any good tonight, also what to do next weekend. I fancy meeting friends n going somewhere

I am thinking about my daughter who is hanging out with her friends at the mall and hope they are having fun. :) I am so glad she has made friends at her new school.

I'm thinking how terribly busy I am for today. have to go to deaf canteena to root for daisy, alex, friends... they will perform tonite but I don't know what they're going to perform LOL! music? stand-up comedy? no idea! and then I have to hump back home to do final preparation for trip and then sleep early with sleeping pills cuz I'll be riding for 7+ hrs to Dover :dizzy:

Be careful!!! Have fun!!!

I am thinking about my daughter who is hanging out with her friends at the mall and hope they are having fun. :) I am so glad she has made friends at her new school.

I remember those days hanging out with my friends at the mall, checking out cute guys:giggle:

Thinking about how I have so much to do! I hate packing and having to move! Slowly but surely. Geez. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to move for a long, long, time.

Thinking what time should I leave for Mexico tomorrow morning, 0500 or 0600.

Thinking about how I have so much to do! I hate packing and having to move! Slowly but surely. Geez. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to move for a long, long, time.

Coreect me if iam wrong, didn't you just move recently?

Better you than me, girlfriend!:giggle: Just kidding...I wouldn't wish that on anyone! JMO, moving is one of the most stressful things you can do. I have a friend that loves to move...she says she likes fresh starts and it gives her a chance to get rid of useless stuff she hangs onto for no reason. Personally, I think she's nuts!:giggle:

I'm thinking I was patting myself on the back for actually getting everything on my to-do list accomplished, and logged onto AD as a reward to relax. But it is a slow Saturday nite here, so now I'm thinking about going back to my knitting (that is my stress reliever!):P

Yea, I did the same.

Now, one of her friends will stay overnight.

Sounds like fun, sure miss those days as a youngster :giggle:

Have fun shel with the youngsters, psstt they are probably talking about boys hhaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back