What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Prob should put this under tecki thread but using iPad and have press real hard is it possible there setting don't have press so hard bit more sensitive
There is but I'd have to go look at my iPad to see where it it and what it's called.

My mother was a timid cook. Probably from a combination of having gotten married late and having a small budget to work with. She said a factor was that if we did not like it she could not afford to then turn around and fix something else.

She did at times make something such as an apple pie but nothing unusual. One of her sisters was quite a baker, especially of cookies to the point of giving a lot of them at Christmas. I learned quite a bit from her.

NO LEMON!!! Just kidding, somewhat. I don't care for citrus smells, and other smells that, apparently, most people like. I'm not into candles, perfumes, etc. That's why I posted about the air freshener vs the ciggie smell. Which is the lessor of two evils for MY nose.

I do appreciate your effort to help me deal with the ciggie smell. :deaf: :wave:

I think I really understand. Perfumes and other scented products really bother my nose.

I may have thought of where your smell is coming from. One apartment I lived in each apartment had their own heat, water heater and AC. But because of all of those things combined with the plumbing for the kitchen and bath there were a lot of pipes coming through the floor to the second story. I was in a second floor unit and the gal below me was a really good cook and just made me hungry most of the time but every now and then she and/or a guest(s) would use something that really bothered me. So when she moved I took that apartment because I had the feeling that we (the company I was part of owned the building) would get a smoker for a new tenant. That turned out to be the case.

I see what both Jane and Botti are saying. I tend to agree, I generally avoid soy protein things like that...we do use the Daiya vegan cheese for the same reason I had the "Creamy" corn soup - diary allergies. I have not had any milk for some years. In the case of the Daiya cheese, also because my husband had very high cholesterol.

In place of meat I do more whole meatless foods, like beans, and eggs, I do a lot of eggs and egg whites.

I also eat fish.

I eat about anything (unless I just don't like it) including meat.

But what gets me is how some of the cooking shows go on and on about some of the "faux" products in place of the real thing. It comes through as being holier then though (sp problem) just by being vegan not for something like an allergy. I am not saying don't do those recipes but do them because they are good on their own. I don't feel quite able to express my reaction to these.

Back to thinking about frozen vegetables, just wanted to say, my favorite way to eat frozen peas is a handful right out of the package, still frozen, yum!

Prob should put this under tecki thread but using iPad and have press real hard is it possible there setting don't have press so hard bit more sensitive

Go to Settings:

General:

Accessibility

That will give you options for adjusting the touch

Back to thinking about frozen vegetables, just wanted to say, my favorite way to eat frozen peas is a handful right out of the package, still frozen, yum!

I have never even thought of trying that. There are some in my freezer so I can try it.

What I seem to read of as a different use then cooking them often is as an ice pack for an injury!

I have never even thought of trying that. There are some in my freezer so I can try it.

What I seem to read of as a different use then cooking them often is as an ice pack for an injury!

Yes, I've heard of that, and done it. The bag can be molded around the injury so much better than those frozen soft ice bags intended for that use

Would you be kind enough to in next few says when you got time

Chaz I put directions here and in your visitor messages. I hope you notice and can fix your problem

we've used frozen fruit/veggie bags for injuries, both human and canine.
when my youngest dog was a puppy she was even more of a "wild child" than now, and she often ran into or bumped stuff and tried to jump from here to there <"here to there" being more like from floor to counter, like a cat, for example>

one day we were outside in our yard which at that time was the old house and was set up with agiklity equipment. one of the pieces was a low table actually called "Table" in agility terms <the verbal cue is "Table">
Kaylee <my youngest> ran full-speed around the table with her sister, but didn't make an edge and slammed against the side of the table.
She started screaming and initially holding up the leg and I thought she may have broke something. I grabbed her and kept her down while hub took the other dog in the house and then he came over and picked up the puppy and carried her into the house.
We crated the adult dog and sat with Kaylee on the couch and grabbed a bag of frozen something and held it on the leg that she was favoring.
Since she was weight-bearing and it improved as the hour wore on, we didn't take her in and within a few hours she was fine.

so far as eating the frozen veggies frozen, I've done that once in a while with little things like peas, but usually too cold for me. My dogs like them frozen as they are, too; hub <and dogs> LOVE frozen blueberries.

I feel so old. Today is my birthday. I'm thinking about what to get for myself. I want more stuff. The only present I bought myself is Star Wars T-Shirt.

Happy Birthday, Silver Roxy! Go out and buy whatever your heart desires, have a good remainder of the day!

Have you tried using a computer touch screen stylus? Those can be very helpful and they don't cost much.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A11548954011%2Ck%3Acomputer+stylus&keywords=computer+stylus&ie=UTF8&qid=1452818675&rnid=2941120011"]computer stylus[/ame]

I feel so old. Today is my birthday. I'm thinking about what to get for myself. I want more stuff. The only present I bought myself is Star Wars T-Shirt.

:birthday: Have fun buying yourself gifts , this might be great time to find some good buys too.

I think I really understand. Perfumes and other scented products really bother my nose.

I may have thought of where your smell is coming from. One apartment I lived in each apartment had their own heat, water heater and AC. But because of all of those things combined with the plumbing for the kitchen and bath there were a lot of pipes coming through the floor to the second story. I was in a second floor unit and the gal below me was a really good cook and just made me hungry most of the time but every now and then she and/or a guest(s) would use something that really bothered me. So when she moved I took that apartment because I had the feeling that we (the company I was part of owned the building) would get a smoker for a new tenant. That turned out to be the case.

I'm on the first floor.

Would you be kind enough to in next few says when you got time
Bah... I just looked and also did a bit of googling.

There is no way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen on the iPad unfortunately.

I find that when I have to press harder to make something work, it's time to clean the screen. I use a cloth that you get in eyeglasses stores- they work pretty well.

Back