What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Am thinking I agree with Botti and caz, about venting

parents are people not gods and sometimes if they've been mean and cruel and hurtful, people need to be able to say that.

my mom has a lot of emotional stuff from her own childhood abuse and neglect and while she has never been physical with me, she has been emotionally hurtful at time, one time she was so upset with me when I accidentally knocked over a glass of water that I'd brought into the room with me. We were watching tv and I set it down on top of a glass-topped table that had a magazine rack undeneath. I'd seen her do the same at other times. I sometimes have motor skills issues and I knocked the glass over somehow and she was so mad - she yelled - how could you be so stupid? I was shocked because it was the first time she'd ever said anything quite that way to me, and it brought to me all the times kids had called me stupid and the "r' word and other things as a kid when I was in Special Ed. <I was in high school when the this glass incident happened>. I always cried easily and was emotionally somewhat behind... so I burst into tears and couldn't explain why I was so upset, when my dad came upstairs to the room, to see what was going on.

Foxrac:hug:

Botti- so happy to read your kitten is doing well; she's so cute!

Sneaky Sneaky sly cleaver woman... But goodness she is good... Got to love my mom :D

I see the cruelty kids go through thank god they are listened to now....I got kids home opposite me the kids have issues and taken wrong paths all due to cruelty.one poor kid age of 9 her mother used her as prositute.another hooked on heroin by time they 7

Thinking the solid air freshener I just opened to get rid of the cigarette smell that seems to be creeping into my apartment again is worse that the cigarette smell (stronger). Ugh

Thinking the solid air freshener I just opened to get rid of the cigarette smell that seems to be creeping into my apartment again is worse that the cigarette smell (stronger). Ugh

Where's it coming from? Is it old smoke from before you moved in, or from an apt nearby?

Where's it coming from? Is it old smoke from before you moved in, or from an apt nearby?

Since it's not every day, I'm guessing someone who normally smokes outside is smoking in the stairwell...or in their apartment. I can't pinpoint it. I've only started noticing it on really cold days. Another reason to be glad we're having a warm winter.

As someone x smoker I smell cigs it awful.At dentist yesterday the waiting room stank the folks waiting stank.
I don't know what you can do....I serious but do you think spirit of someone who may lived there is still around.
I know bleach is good but the best is soda crystals wipe things down

As someone x smoker I smell cigs it awful.At dentist yesterday the waiting room stank the folks waiting stank.
I don't know what you can do....I serious but do you think spirit of someone who may lived there is still around.
I know bleach is good but the best is soda crystals wipe things down

It goes away. I did use vinegar in cups and baking soda in containers the last time it happened and that seemed to help. May go back to that again.

If I would just find a new job then I won't be home all the time to smell it. :P

Not baking powder the other type also makes washing powder go further..I assuming you can get it in State.You need the white vinegar not malt
Just wondering how Beb is

Not baking powder the other type also makes washing powder go further..I assuming you can get it in State.You need the white vinegar not malt
Just wondering how Beb is

We use baking powder to absorb odors, like in the fridge. In fact, at least one brand has a place on the side of the box to mark the date you put it in the fridge so that you know how long it's been in there (and know when it's time to change it). And yes, i used white vinegar. The only thing I use vinegar for is to clean my electric egg cooker once a week.

Yes I use bicarbonate in fridge this stuff totally different.another thing I thought of.i get this thing for dish washer keeps it smelling nice of lemon I have pop them in other places get nice lemon smell could smell be fungus or people in near by apartment.how you deal with that awkward is smell on your clothes

Yes I use bicarbonate in fridge this stuff totally different.another thing I thought of.i get this thing for dish washer keeps it smelling nice of lemon I have pop them in other places get nice lemon smell could smell be fungus or people in near by apartment.how you deal with that awkward is smell on your clothes

NO LEMON!!! Just kidding, somewhat. I don't care for citrus smells, and other smells that, apparently, most people like. I'm not into candles, perfumes, etc. That's why I posted about the air freshener vs the ciggie smell. Which is the lessor of two evils for MY nose.

I do appreciate your effort to help me deal with the ciggie smell. :deaf: :wave:

NO LEMON!!! Just kidding, somewhat. I don't care for citrus smells, and other smells that, apparently, most people like. I'm not into candles, perfumes, etc. That's why I posted about the air freshener vs the ciggie smell. Which is the lessor of two evils for MY nose.

I do appreciate your effort to help me deal with the ciggie smell. :deaf: :wave:
There are some neutral air fresheners now that are without scents that might work for you.

Thinking about my daughter while she spends her birthday in Copenhagen. She is always on the go but happy she is having lot's of fun. I miss being able to hug her on her birthday.

Happy birthday to your daughter That's so cool to live in another country, how does she like it? I would love to move to England! Never been there as a teen read all about it, being a Duranie back in the day helped:)

Happy birthday to your daughter That's so cool to live in another country, how does she like it? I would love to move to England! Never been there as a teen read all about it, being a Duranie back in the day helped:)

Thank you Rio,
She went to Trinity College in Dublin Ireland to get her masters degree. That was her dream ever since she was seven years old. I knew once she left she would not come back. She loves living there and she definitely loves being able to travel since everything is so close. Since my parents were born in Ireland, my daughter was able to get dual citizenship which greatly helped getting a job. She is extremely happy which makes me happy but I miss her so, so much.

The British couple won our roll over lottery 66millian.asking what it meant they said it make better life.Alpparently their marriage was not doing to well they say this will cure that alteretlyy 33 mill each go seperate.celebrating in Edinburgh hmm not sure that where I go

Thank you Rio,
She went to Trinity College in Dublin Ireland to get her masters degree. That was her dream ever since she was seven years old. I knew once she left she would not come back. She loves living there and she definitely loves being able to travel since everything is so close. Since my parents were born in Ireland, my daughter was able to get dual citizenship which greatly helped getting a job. She is extremely happy which makes me happy but I miss her so, so much.

That's an experience of a life time . Happiness is what counts as along as she's loving her life there and well established . I hope you can visit her and experience the lifestyle over there .

How the cost of food has gone up . I went to Market Basket to buy some veggie and the tomatoes I like were $2.63 a lbs. ! Some guy was standing there looking sticker shocked and said one big tomatoes weight about a lbs. and a BLT would cost $10. 00! And we didn't get a COL increase on SS or SSI this years. A head of lettuce I like was $2.00 . I wonder a family can afford to eat veggies at these prices . The guy didn't buy any tomatoes he just walked away. What are other people buying for veggies today??

Back