What are you thinking about? Part VIII

That does not seem to be long enough for you to pick up the calls from people you do want to talk to.
That's what Caller ID is for. Also, if it's important, they'll leave a message. About 95% of our landline calls are junk. We'll probably get rid of that line soon and use just our cell phones. We have to make sure everyone has our cell numbers before we get rid of the land line.

That's what Caller ID is for. Also, if it's important, they'll leave a message. About 95% of our landline calls are junk. We'll probably get rid of that line soon and use just our cell phones. We have to make sure everyone has our cell numbers before we get rid of the land line.

I rarely answer my landline phone. I use it to screen calls. Those times that I need to give out my phone #, I give landline # (stores, etc). I figure they can leave a message and I'll call back from my cell phone.

But . . . with just two rings it seems that EVERYONE is thrown to voicemail. It appears that even with Caller ID you don't EVER answer ANYONE's call!

Nowadays landlines is rarely used. We don't have landlines here in my house anymore. Majority of people have cell phones and texting is more convenient for many people. My dad still have landline phone, the reason he decided to keep it is because if there is a major storm and power goes out which means the cell tower could be down as well... landline still works and he can make calls in case of emergency.

But . . . with just two rings it seems that EVERYONE is thrown to voicemail. It appears that even with Caller ID you don't EVER answer ANYONE's call!
The way Reba is saying, it sounds like the important people in her life and other important places (doctor etc) already have her cell number so in general 95% of the calls to her landline is junk calls anyway. If she does recognize the number, she can call right back.

My parents still have a landline (I have no idea why- they both have cells) and they ALWAYS let it go to voicemail unless they happen to see the number on the tv (caller ID) or on the phone. I don't know what the phone rings are set to though (I'll count next time somebody calls in the middle of dinner).

I guess one reason why they keep it is for emergencies if the cell network gets knocked out.

Nowadays landlines is rarely used. We don't have landlines here in my house anymore. Majority of people have cell phones and texting is more convenient for many people. My dad still have landline phone, the reason he decided to keep it is because if there is a major storm and power goes out which means the cell tower could be down as well... landline still works and he can make calls in case of emergency.

The other reason I keep mine, besides screening calls and, like your dad - it will work 99% of the time regardless of the weather, is for faxing. I don't fax a lot, but it's convenient to have the ability in house.

I have put off having a cell phone b/c I know I will be losing it all the time. And I have a hard time hearing people that do use a cell phone so I am not sure I will able to hear on one . I tried to use my daughter's and couldn't hear on it. I have caller ID and some people I do know cell phones # doesn't show their names , it only has their phone # and state .
If don't know their cell phone # I don't answer the phone. Yeah a lot of calls are junk but I have gotten rid of a lot by hanging up on them . When it get closer to election time I'll be getting a lot of junk calls.

Most times I can catch the Caller ID before the second ring ends. If I'm not home, I'm sure most callers would prefer leaving a message at two rings instead of sitting thru six rings.

We get maybe one or two meaningful calls/messages per week from people we know.

Most times I can catch the Caller ID before the second ring ends. If I'm not home, I'm sure most callers would prefer leaving a message at two rings instead of sitting thru six rings.

We get maybe one or two meaningful calls/messages per week from people we know.

That is the same for me , my family rather email me b/c it's easier. But now people aren't sending emails as much they text instead . UGH! I am way behind in time . LOL! By the time I do buy a cell phone there will something totally new.

I have put off having a cell phone b/c I know I will be losing it all the time. And I have a hard time hearing people that do use a cell phone so I am not sure I will able to hear on one . I tried to use my daughter's and couldn't hear on it. I have caller ID and some people I do know cell phones # doesn't show their names , it only has their phone # and state .
If don't know their cell phone # I don't answer the phone. Yeah a lot of calls are junk but I have gotten rid of a lot by hanging up on them . When it get closer to election time I'll be getting a lot of junk calls.
Hanging up doesn't prevent junk callers from trying again. It just tells them that they got a live one at that number. It's like spam email. If you just put it in your spam box that's better than clicking on the email's "remove my name" or equivalent button. That let's them know they got a live one (real person at the email address), so they'll keep sending spam to that address.

That is the same for me , my family rather email me b/c it's easier. But now people aren't sending emails as much they text instead . UGH! I am way behind in time . LOL! By the time I do buy a cell phone there will something totally new.
My daughter mostly texts me, my brother texts, emails and calls. Friends and other relatives text and email.

We've had cell phones since 1996 and have never lost or broken one.

It is annoying to upgrade phones and get used to new ones.

Hanging up doesn't prevent junk callers from trying again. It just tells them that they got a live one at that number. It's like spam email. If you just put it in your spam box that's better than clicking on the email's "remove my name" or equivalent button. That let's them know they got a live one (real person at the email address), so they'll keep sending spam to that address.

It has with me ! Someone was calling all the time and they haven't called me in weeks . Yeah I do that with spam email , I send it my spam mail then delete it. I never open spam email . The only time I did this was when my sister used a web site for her business and when she clicked on it all her emails addresses got hacked into and people were getting weird emails from her , but they weren't really from her . I opened one and this was how my computer got messed up.

It has with me ! Someone was calling all the time and they haven't called me in weeks . Yeah I do that with spam email , I send it my spam mail then delete it. I never open spam email . The only time I did this was when my sister used a web site for her business and when she clicked on it all her emails addresses got hacked into and people were getting weird emails from her , but they weren't really from her . I opened one and this was how my computer got messed up.

It is better to not click on links you (general you) are unfamiliar with.

When we think about fresh prince dad he not he uncle.

I think that's right. I had forgotten about that since I hadn't seen the show in many years, and didn't watch it much when it was on. Thank you!

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath

If you can store names/phone #'s on your phone, then the name associated with the # that is calling your phone will show on the display.

My daughter mostly texts me, my brother texts, emails and calls. Friends and other relatives text and email.

We've had cell phones since 1996 and have never lost or broken one.

It is annoying to upgrade phones and get used to new ones.

My dad got very forgetful as he got older and misplace things all the time ,he was lucky mom never got this way and was able to find dad's stuff. I am getting forgetful like my dad . :( I will have to buy a cell one day b/c it's getting hard to find landline phones .

I like what it says

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 13
I like what it says

Yeah that is way I stop my phone from ringing when it's a junk call. I don't want my phone ringing so long . I have it up loud and some time I am on my computer and the phone right next to me.

Who was it that called a song stuck on the brain musical tinnitus?

Sent from my SM-T217S using AllDeaf App mobile app

We use NOMOROBO.com (no more robot calls) If it is a junk caller our phone rings just once. Your phone service must support it. If you go to their website it will explain how it works. It has cut down junk calls by 90% for us. We also have caller ID that shows up on our tv which helps a lot. I can't hear the landline phone so I don't ever answer it. But, if I see an important phone number appear on the caller ID, I return the phone call from my cell phone.

Back