What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the States, especially the hot South, most utility vans are white.

I've never heard of a "reputation" for white vans.

The closest reputation I have ever came across was the utility vans being called pedo van or axe wagon...

The closest reputation I have ever came across was the utility vans being called pedo van or axe wagon...
Those could be any color.

Hubby (TCS) has a white utility van with his company's name, logo and phone number on it, just like many other vans do. It's very common in our area.

I've never heard those other terms used for them. Learn something new every day. :lol:

"White van man" is a stereotype used in the United Kingdom for a smaller-sized commercial van driver,[1] perceived as selfish, inconsiderate, mostly working class and aggressive.[2] According to this stereotype, the "white van man" is an independent tradesperson, such as a plumber or locksmith, self-employed, or running a small enterprise,[2] for whom driving a commercial vehicle is not the main line of business, as it is for a professional freight-driver.[3]

The part I don't get is why is someone who is and independent tradesperson, self-employed or running a small enterprise considered selfish, inconsiderate and aggressive? Why is working class something negative? Isn't that better than being on the dole?

Oh well, that's their issue. :lol:

Am thinking of a FB friend that posted her brother's pix...saying he raped her when she was a little girl for several years....:shock:....and shared it on her friend's time lines.....

The part I don't get is why is someone who is and independent tradesperson, self-employed or running a small enterprise considered selfish, inconsiderate and aggressive? Why is working class something negative? Isn't that better than being on the dole?

Oh well, that's their issue. :lol:

I know, isn't that the weirdest thing? Just don't see how they came up with that definition over there. Still scratching my head over that one. :hmm:

grey squirrles America have them back tree rats that what I think about see pic of them

I knew some people here that called them tree rats too. It's interesting how people freak out about rats but not squirrels. They both are rodents.

Ha, I had a flying squirrel in my house once. They are a night time critter, and my hubby was loading his car to go to work well before dawn one time while leaving the doors open and the squirrel flew in. I didn't know about it til I got up at my regular time and the house was in somewhat disarray. I didn't know what happened, went looking all over, and happened to see some movement in a basket. I thought it was a bat. I was able to cover the basket and release the critter outside discovering it was a flying squirrel.

Red squirrels are notorious for getting in and doing damage too.

Ha, I had a flying squirrel in my house once. They are a night time critter, and my hubby was loading his car to go to work well before dawn one time while leaving the doors open and the squirrel flew in. I didn't know about it til I got up at my regular time and the house was in somewhat disarray. I didn't know what happened, went looking all over, and happened to see some movement in a basket. I thought it was a bat. I was able to cover the basket and release the critter outside discovering it was a flying squirrel.

Red squirrels are notorious for getting in and doing damage too.

We once found a squirrel in our back yard and thought it was hurt and I have no idea but we able to pick it up and bring the squirrel inside .
OMG ! Our mom flipped out when saw the squirrel swinging from the
dinning room chandelier and running across the table . The squirrel was fine and it took some doing to get it out of the house . It a good thing dad was not home he may tried to use his double barrel rifle to shoot the squirrel . :giggle:

Last edited:
We once found a squirrel in our back yard and thought it was hurt and I have no idea but we able to pick it up and bring the squirrel inside .
OMG ! Our mom flipped out when saw the squirrel swinging from the
dinning room chandelier and running across the table . The squirrel was fine and it took some doing to get it out of the house . It a good thing dad was not home he may tried to use his double barrel rifle to shoot the
squirrel . :giggle:

:giggle: oh my!

It said they taste nice got loads come into garden ruin everyth

It said they taste nice got loads come into garden ruin everyth

What do they ruin? Ours just like to eat some of the fruits and vegetables we grow.

They are kind of like outdoor pets, and the dogs enjoy chasing them. :lol:

They are kind of like outdoor pets, and the dogs enjoy chasing them.

Doggies also like to stand sentry at the back door to watch for squirrels and bark themselves silly lol. My friend had an obnoxious squirrel (named Gordon Ramsey) that riled up her beagles a LOT... sadly they manage to nail poor Gordon one day and killed him :(. There's a new fella in the yard now though.

Doggies also like to stand sentry at the back door to watch for squirrels and bark themselves silly lol. My friend had an obnoxious squirrel (named Gordon Ramsey) that riled up her beagles a LOT... sadly they manage to nail poor Gordon one day and killed him :(. There's a new fella in the yard now though.

Our squirrels are too smart. My husband has a high framed chain fence around the garden for deer, rabbits, squirrels, etc, and they climb right up, run along the beams and jump to tree branches. They seem to enjoy teasing the dogs.

Our squirrels are too smart. My husband has a high framed chain fence around the garden for deer, rabbits, squirrels, etc, and they climb right up, run along the beams and jump to tree branches. They seem to enjoy teasing the dogs.

I wish clever enough buy frigging plane ticket go back to amicans.

No, no, Caz, we sent them over to you as a gift because you didn't have any gray squirrels. Accept them with with grace! :giggle:

I've got hundreds in my yard if you'd like a few more, I'll pack them up into a box with a few holes in it and put them on the next flight headed your way.

Furry little pest are illegals..You take other illegal take your own back they miss you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back