What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiro...just did quick search....

http://fabiusmaximus.com/2008/07/17/pstd/

Wish I knew how to copy n paste different thing on my phone but article states it took years before getting VA services for those disabled by PSTD .

Dont think the mental health asccessiblity will improve anytime soon :(

I have seen my grandpa work himself to exhaustion for Costco atfer he came out of his retirement up until age 88 last year Due to health. Just for the good insurance benefits. We pleaded with him to quit he refused to accept VA as an option. It was heartbreaking for me to drop him off and then when pick him up he would just collapse in the car. He fought hard to avoid it. Now hes on it. Not happy with it.

OMG he worked until he 88 then you get young people bone idle just claiming your granddads tax...That a granpa I would be so proud of..seems bit inhuman the riches and apparently caring and free country in the world reducing your granpa to do this for health care

If it's due to a lack of Congressional support for our vet's needs, now that just makes me sick. There are appropriations for unnecessary programs, freeloaders, unearned raises, etc. and the rest of us pay the price! So corrupted! :(

Because ...
funny-pictures-congress-monkeys.jpg

And the current commander in chief isn't any better ...
barack-obama-makes-monkeys-laugh.jpg

the help is there and free for vets to use but they're just not using it because of self-denial, stigma, and anger. :(

many of them feel that shrinks are a quack job and can't understand how can shrinks help them if they've never been to wars? They just don't understand that pretty much all PTSD cases (rape, trauma, war, etc) share very similar cause and effect.

Same thing with hearing counselors/shrinks who have no clue what is it like to be Deaf. Ugh.

Accessiblity to Mental Health care is a joke.

Its very bad in some places. Mental health is the least funded and overloaded over anything else.

I know. Im in the field. Most hospitals in the nation no longer have psycharic units. People who are a danger to themselves or others are admitted to any ER for whatever reason and sit in the ER that doesnt have psych unit not being treated. and if theyre lucky if a hospital psych unit have a bed available and is admitted...a lucky one... most of the time theyre discharged even heard of some without seeing a psych the entire time Because they werent a danger and being calm at the ER.

Wait list to see a psycharist is FOREVER when it comes to people in crisis thats not hospitalized...2 months before a slot is open. That is an eternity to them. It is a huge hassle with certain limitations who you can see under the program. And even some of mental health places are overschedulded imagine the wait time in office.... , some even cant accept new patients because theyre booked to the gills with their current patients followups.

What? No way. Seriously. How is that so? I do not see that way in my area. There is six hospitals in the radius within 50 miles that has psychiatric units. I've visited three of them.

Almost no snow left here in the metro area in mn. Our new house is nothing but mud for the past week.

thinking about my kitchen sink it being mended at the moment

Thinking I need to get to rockin' and get my hat off the rack....blisters and soreness from all the garden work I've done for awhile...

I got to do garden pig awful job every cat in street decides crap in my garden...
thinking it my bedtime

Happy hour specials lol

Wondering what kind of bird is in my backyard...every time I walk out there it's chirp sounds like scared scared...scared scared....scared scared.

Thinking I over seasoned salted the beautiful Pork Chops....*snif*...salad for dinner it is....

Thinking how lucky my daughter and her boyfriend are. The two of them are going on vacation to the Island of Crete in Greece. She is checking things off her bucket list a lot faster then I am.

thinking how nervous I will be driving our old RV to the dealership because my husband is sick with the flu. I have never driven with an RV ....and it is pouring too. Lovely!

thinking how nervous I will be driving our old RV to the dealership because my husband is sick with the flu. I have never driven with an RV ....and it is pouring too. Lovely!

I think I'd be more worried about driving the new one home.

Would the dealership be willing to put off the exchange a bit to give him a chance to recover?

No, because we put it off 2 weeks and this is the last weekend they will hold it for us. It will be fine. I need to learn anyway so I can have a ladies' getaway with my girlfriends. For that to happen, I have to be able to drive with the RV and be able to hook and un hook it so I need to learn.

Haha everything happens for a reason shel90. I'm sure you ll be fine. It's a good time to drive now. Important. Ignore other drivers who complain about your driving on the roads. You re ok :). To be honest Its scary but gotta do it lol

No, because we put it off 2 weeks and this is the last weekend they will hold it for us. It will be fine. I need to learn anyway so I can have a ladies' getaway with my girlfriends. For that to happen, I have to be able to drive with the RV and be able to hook and un hook it so I need to learn.

Yo go, girl!...Just put a sign on the RV saying...."Get outta' the way...as a matter of fact, I Own the Road"....I'd be nervous too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back