What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's nothing the dr can do for this vertigo. :)

try this put your arms across your chest stand up then cross the legs swap legs cross,if you stagger on one of those then it optic nerve

doc told me yesterday many people with meniors do in fact have eye problems not enough blood getting to optic nerve and you have squint but we mostly control it but sometimes control not enough

Thinking about my beautiful granddaughter who was born about 1-1/2 hours ago. 7 lbs 12 ozs 20" long. Can't wait to meet her though that will probably be in May or June.

They sure don't do it like that! When you go to hospice for end of life care, they do as much as possible to keep you comfortable. I've never heard of taking away fluids and food if it's wanted. At the very end enough morphine is given to keep one unconscious. You're mom sounds to be in a terrible situation. I'm so sorry.

Did she have any notarized instructions for her end of life care? That is what my husband and I have.

With my mom, I told the dr. she and the family were ready to have all her meds removed and comfort measures,( morphine) food and water til the end. I was with my mom at that point. We don't have anything like this Pathway of which you speak, I don't think we have that in US!

if her heart stop would been no resuscitation,her hope was to pass away in her own home.she begged me never put her in a home but her gp did emergency admission told me after..she in very busy hospital it not the place for her but would be hard to get her out now...she has a little confusion so social worker would step in if we tried take her out

it come down to old girl opposite mum tell us what happen and she 90,appauling aint it

Thinking about an article I read that says 22 military vets commit suicide every day. One suicide every 45 seconds. WOW so sad.

Thinking about an article I read that says 22 military vets commit suicide every day. One suicide every 45 seconds. WOW so sad.

If it's due to a lack of Congressional support for our vet's needs, now that just makes me sick. There are appropriations for unnecessary programs, freeloaders, unearned raises, etc. and the rest of us pay the price! So corrupted! :(

If it's due to a lack of Congressional support for our vet's needs, now that just makes me sick. There are appropriations for unnecessary programs, freeloaders, unearned raises, etc. and the rest of us pay the price! So corrupted! :(

the help is there and free for vets to use but they're just not using it because of self-denial, stigma, and anger. :(

many of them feel that shrinks are a quack job and can't understand how can shrinks help them if they've never been to wars? They just don't understand that pretty much all PTSD cases (rape, trauma, war, etc) share very similar cause and effect.

the help is there and free for vets to use but they're just not using it because of self-denial, stigma, and anger. :(

many of them feel that shrinks are a quack job and can't understand how can shrinks help them if they've never been to wars? They just don't understand that pretty much all PTSD cases (rape, trauma, war, etc) share very similar cause and effect.

Not really. We just had a case here of a vet who tried to get hospital admittance, was sent home with prescriptions, and then killed himself.

If they had listened and admitted him, he would probably be alive for many years.

Accessiblity to Mental Health care is a joke.

Its very bad in some places. Mental health is the least funded and overloaded over anything else.

I know. Im in the field. Most hospitals in the nation no longer have psycharic units. People who are a danger to themselves or others are admitted to any ER for whatever reason and sit in the ER that doesnt have psych unit not being treated. and if theyre lucky if a hospital psych unit have a bed available and is admitted...a lucky one... most of the time theyre discharged even heard of some without seeing a psych the entire time Because they werent a danger and being calm at the ER.

Wait list to see a psycharist is FOREVER when it comes to people in crisis thats not hospitalized...2 months before a slot is open. That is an eternity to them. It is a huge hassle with certain limitations who you can see under the program. And even some of mental health places are overschedulded imagine the wait time in office.... , some even cant accept new patients because theyre booked to the gills with their current patients followups.

Accessiblity to Mental Health care is a joke.

Its very bad in some places. Mental health is the least funded and overloaded over anything else.

I know. Im in the field. Most hospitals in the nation no longer have psycharic units. People who are a danger to themselves or others are admitted to any ER for whatever reason and sit in the ER that doesnt have psych unit not being treated. and if theyre lucky if a hospital psych unit have a bed available and is admitted...a lucky one... most of the time theyre discharged even heard of some without seeing a psych the entire time Because they werent a danger and being calm at the ER.

Wait list to see a psycharist is FOREVER when it comes to people in crisis thats not hospitalized...2 months before a slot is open. That is an eternity to them. It is a huge hassle with certain limitations who you can see under the program. And even some of mental health places are overschedulded imagine the wait time in office.... , some even cant accept new patients because theyre booked to the gills with their current patients followups.

yea that is also a problem too but in some cases, they do not have to see a psychiatrist when it can be handled by a therapist. if you had to see a psychiatrist... it usually means you have tried many options and your condition is so debilitating enough to take a medication.

yea that is also a problem too but in some cases, they do not have to see a psychiatrist when it can be handled by a therapist. if you had to see a psychiatrist... it usually means you have tried many options and your condition is so debilitating enough to take a medication.

Generally different approaches of therapy can work just fine without meds which is great. Its still not accessible at times.

Appointments are limited for them. Some funding only allow once a month, once every 2-3 weeks it varies.

Its an hassle and a huge obsacle for people. Hence them not taking advantage of it when Iit costs them their sanity dealing with waiting.

Jiro...just did quick search....

http://fabiusmaximus.com/2008/07/17/pstd/

Wish I knew how to copy n paste different thing on my phone but article states it took years before getting VA services for those disabled by PSTD .

Dont think the mental health asccessiblity will improve anytime soon :(

I have seen my grandpa work himself to exhaustion for Costco atfer he came out of his retirement up until age 88 last year Due to health. Just for the good insurance benefits. We pleaded with him to quit he refused to accept VA as an option. It was heartbreaking for me to drop him off and then when pick him up he would just collapse in the car. He fought hard to avoid it. Now hes on it. Not happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back