What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nice being tall sometimes ... I have fun putting stuff on the top shelves and hiding it from the short people:D

Then mine make it hard for anybody. We had our upper cabinets custom done due to our high ceilings. Even my 6'4" daughter has to get on a step stool for the top shelf.

Rooting for Arizona State University softball. So proud of my alma matter. Go Sun Devils! :)

I'm 5'7" and I still can't reach some things. I do have very tall ceilings and very tall cabinets. I save the top shelves for stuff I rarely use. It's a pain to have to go get the kitchen chair to get something, so I know, girl.

5`7 here too and still can't reach some of the upper cabinet shelves too.

You guys are killing me over here. I'm 5'1, I can only reach things in the bottom shelf of the cabinets. I have a step ladder but only use it for things I put in the cabinet above the fridge, if it's the middle shelf, I open the door to the bottom cabinets and stand in it haha...if it's the top one I literally climb up onto the counter and stand on it. :giggle: I may be short but luckily I'm agile haha

You guys are killing me over here. I'm 5'1, I can only reach things in the bottom shelf of the cabinets. I have a step ladder but only use it for things I put in the cabinet above the fridge, if it's the middle shelf, I open the door to the bottom cabinets and stand in it haha...if it's the top one I literally climb up onto the counter and stand on it. :giggle: I may be short but luckily I'm agile haha

Your tactics remind me of a gal that rented from the company that I worked for that was in a wheelchair.

The first building she was in the only modification they made for her was to take the bathroom door off and build a ramp to the front door. They asked her for tips when planning another apartment building (which she happened to live in a number of years later as she took a job elsewhere and then happened to come back here years later). These are small 8 -12 unit buildings where everyone including those on the second floor have their own outside door. The only thing she suggested was using a standard passage door to the bathroom (did you know standard bathroom doors were narrower?). She said that she had never lived anywhere including very big metro areas where neighbors were not willing to help by getting things that are used rarely down & back up to the top shelves and having the space was very useful.

She used the lower shelves of the upper cabinets regularly by boosting herself from her chair to the counter! But she was generally more agile than many that are in a wheelchair. She had no problem getting in and out of her car putting her chair in herself as well. Our office had about a 6 or 8" step into the front door and she would open the door all the way open which made it stay open and then back her chair (because of the larger wheel in the back) in over that step! Most of the time she was in before anyone realized she was coming and offer any help.

In other situations I have noticed that short people have it easier when getting things out of low storage or those items found under things.

I tried to tell one woman that she needed to teach her 2 cats to clap. She said she won't try. She told me to try it myself. So I tried to teach them to clap. The cat bit me!! The woman laughed at me. Now I can see why she didn't want to teach her cats to clap. I'm trying to think of the best plan for next time. I don't think she should laugh at me. Maybe we can talk to cat together and separately. Then maybe later the cat won't bite when we make the cat clap.

Then mine make it hard for anybody. We had our upper cabinets custom done due to our high ceilings. Even my 6'4" daughter has to get on a step stool for the top shelf.

I have seen homes with extremely high kitchen cabinets...It makes me wonder if anyone is able to reach them! ha!

I have seen homes with extremely high kitchen cabinets...It makes me wonder if anyone is able to reach them! ha!

Yeah, me too! Some of them are a bit too high for me to reach.

Guessing those very high cabinets would be a good place to stash ur booze or pot!...:giggle:...but seriously, I think the builder's should be more considerate of us "shorties".....High ceilings and cabinets are very attractive...but a pain in the ass to reach anything...especially those who have mobility problems and the elderly....

Guessing those very high cabinets would be a good place to stash ur booze or pot!...:giggle:...but seriously, I think the builder's should be more considerate of us "shorties".....High ceilings and cabinets are very attractive...but a pain in the ass to reach anything...especially those who have mobility problems and the elderly....

But...but...but if they don't go to the ceiling the top becomes a dust collector! When I first looked at this house I was so glad to see the kitchen cabinets go to the ceiling. I know some people display items up there but I don't even want to think about keep things like that clean!

I'm thinking about every time I log out of here I get the message "all cookies cleared!" .. why ??? how ??? who the heck took off with my cookies !!! I like cookies !!! I want my cookies back !!! Great ... now I'm craving cookies and gonna have to go to the store and get some !!! :shock:

But...but...but if they don't go to the ceiling the top becomes a dust collector! When I first looked at this house I was so glad to see the kitchen cabinets go to the ceiling. I know some people display items up there but I don't even want to think about keep things like that clean!

Lord - if mine went to the ceiling, I would be pulling them down ASAP. We have these 11 foot ceilings and the top of the cabinet is at the 9 foot line. I use the top for those items that I know I will never ever use, but are too near and dear to my heart. Dad's favorite martini glasses. The glass roses my daughter got my mother and I when she was 5 as a gift that are in a crackle glass vase that was in my paternal grandmother's family for ages. Not much, but then again, no ladder right now to get there. Contractor did it so that the regular cabinets didn't look out of place with the high ceilings. If he lowered the ceiling then it would have cost us more money that we didn't have.

I am thinking that I want to say "f***** you** to these Deaf culture and Deaf school haters who say that Deaf people who grew up going to Deaf schools tend to be low educated. My brother, WHO grew up attending the Deaf school, PAAAAASSEED the Maryland Praxis I and II assessment for teaching certification which has one of the the nations highest scores set up in order to pass. He has NO SPPPECH skills so I say F*** you to the CI propanga, the oralists, and whoever else who say Deaf children will never measure up to their hearing peers without oralism. My brother just proved that....and so did several of my Deaf signing friends.

F*** you Fairjour, Cloggy, Rick and those who believe that "hearing" is better.

I am thinking that I want to say "f***** you** to these Deaf culture and Deaf school haters who say that Deaf people who grew up going to Deaf schools tend to be low educated. My brother, WHO grew up attending the Deaf school, PAAAAASSEED the Maryland Praxis I and II assessment for teaching certification which has one of the the nations highest scores set up in order to pass. He has NO SPPPECH skills so I say F*** you to the CI propanga, the oralists, and whoever else who say Deaf children will never measure up to their hearing peers without oralism. My brother just proved that....and so did several of my Deaf signing friends.

But tell us how you really feel!

:P

But tell us how you really feel!

:P

How I feel? I thought that was expressed more than enough here on AD since 1996 ranging from arguing with Cheri, Rockdrummer, Lillysdad, JackieSolarazia, and now those 4 Horsemen! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back