What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thinking it first day of Spring and it coldest day i felt in years..snow forcasts rain floods winds,shivering

It is only 16 here today too. Last Sunday (St. Patrick's Day) was about 20; whereas last year it was 80 !! This late Spring start sucks. :(

Heard on the news that, in our area, yesterday was the coldest spring day in 9 years. I'll be glad when it warms up, but don't mind that the heat is taking it's time. Don't want to suffer a really hot summer starting in April.

Wondering what in the world my daughter said that sounded like "Sometimes people choke chickens and they die." She won't tell me, she just laughs at me.

Wondering what in the world my daughter said that sounded like "Sometimes people choke chickens and they die." She won't tell me, she just laughs at me.

Maybe "choke on chicken bones and they die"?

In N.C....(where I'm from)...my granny always caught a chicken and "wrung it's neck"...for our dinner...so of course they die....otherwise...dunno how old ur daughter is...but there's a joke about "chokeking the chicken"...then again, there's a dance called chokeing the chicken...so to get what she really meant...guessing you'll have to ask her.

i want to do some work outside, but i cant be bothered...just my body is like it's made of rubber right now...

My daughter and her boyfriend were real sick last month, they thought they had the flu. Today the County Health Department called them and we found out they got the Norovirus from a really expensive restaurant they went to for Valentines day. There were 20+ people who got sick. I watch things like this on Discovery Health and never thought about them happening to my family. They need a refund that is for sure. Wonder if you can sue for something like this? They both missed quite a few days from work. Hubby told me he saw an article in the local paper but didn't know that was the place the kids had dinner at. OMG really makes me mad!!!!

My daughter and her boyfriend were real sick last month, they thought they had the flu. Today the County Health Department called them and we found out they got the Norovirus from a really expensive restaurant they went to for Valentines day. There were 20+ people who got sick. I watch things like this on Discovery Health and never thought about them happening to my family. They need a refund that is for sure. Wonder if you can sue for something like this? They both missed quite a few days from work. Hubby told me he saw an article in the local paper but didn't know that was the place the kids had dinner at. OMG really makes me mad!!!!

our local Golden Corral had only been opened for like 1 month when in late November a bunch of people got sick with the norovirus. Oy. I still haven't eaten there.

Thinking that I learned the truth at a CI workshop today.

Also, met Michael Chorost today.

Me, of all the people, to go to such an auditory/oral based workshop! Oh the irony! lol

I'm thinking about whether cats should get together and plan a slumber party. A sleepover party with movie. Maybe show "Tom and Jerry". Maybe discuss with cats and see if there is a better suggestion of movie to watch.

You don't need the movie. The cats will fall asleep all by themselves. Trust me.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking of mio amor <3 going to Zumba class have fun ADer's

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Thinking that I learned the truth at a CI workshop today.

Also, met Michael Chorost today.

Me, of all the people, to go to such an auditory/oral based workshop! Oh the irony! lol

Anything new? I am hoping my bro doesn't choose this for his oldest daughter. We recently found out she will be losing her hearing. She's 16 will be 17 in Aug.

As far as education goes , sitting in front of the classroom , note taker and hearing aids ought to be good at this point unless something changes.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Anything new? I am hoping my bro doesn't choose this for his oldest daughter. We recently found out she will be losing her hearing. She's 16 will be 17 in Aug.

As far as education goes , sitting in front of the classroom , note taker and hearing aids ought to be good at this point unless something changes.

Learned that more and more people are realizing that even with a CI, deaf children still need a visual language. I knew it.

I also learned that the external parts wear down constantly and insurance may not cover them. Some of these parts are very expensive and without them the CI wont work properly. Just very high maintenance to keep the CI working properly. Interesting.

Last edited:
I thinking rid shaw. I will new on modern coming soon new modern :) ! i will new internet coming unfornately, crappy shaw!! happy for new switch modern and jack on tty install on new my room! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back