What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i discover today that something less than human been sexually abusing my daughter so been thinking what to do cops everyone involved,but cops more likely arrest you for parking violation here..people knew it going on and did nothing,it all hit fan now,so thinking do we pin creep up by nuts chop them or what cos the law will fail my girl

:(

i discover today that something less than human been sexually abusing my daughter so been thinking what to do cops everyone involved,but cops more likely arrest you for parking violation here..people knew it going on and did nothing,it all hit fan now,so thinking do we pin creep up by nuts chop them or what cos the law will fail my girl

:( I'm sorry , Caz.

I am sorry. so they told you and they did nothing about it? thats bizarre.

I want to learn statistics. Anyone want to recommend any books?

I hadn't looked at stats for a long time, and then had someone ask me to tutor them. I needed to review, so I went to my local library and found a book called Introduction to Probability and Statistics by Mendenhall. Easy to read, but doesn't dumb it down.

I think anything called "probability and statistics" is worth at least taking a look at. I wouldn't waste your money on a current college text, because not much has changed in introductory stat in a long time, so save some cash and buy something older, second hand.

Content can vary, so I'd just crack the book and see if the way it's written is comfortable for you. Your choice also depends on whether you've studied calculus: some stat books are calc based and others avoid the heavier math.

Is that the same guy that plays golf in his underwear?....That poor dog...if it had been my doggie that got hit...I'd go out there with my golf clubs and knock that man's own balls...even put his head on a tee and see how far I could shoot it....

Yep - same idiot. I did call police and they said there's nothing they can do. He's in his own yard and has taken precautions. They also said that I had a whole neighborhood to walk my dog in.

I mean really, the whole point in the "fence run" walk in my yard is because I have gotten him to go in my yard only. We can walk the neighborhood and he will only "water" the mailboxes. But for pooping, he will only go in the yard. When we are out on a training session or not at home, I have to find a bush or tree stump for him.

The lady that owns the house (not sure if they are married, or she's a landlord) does understand my position. When I went out this morning, all the golf clubs and stuff was moved to a different portion of the yard. We will see how long it lasts. Hubby has said that we will put up additional netting on our side of the fence. Some PVC pipes (somewhat thin) and netting attached, maybe 12 feet tall and 15 feet wide.

Yep - same idiot. I did call police and they said there's nothing they can do. He's in his own yard and has taken precautions. They also said that I had a whole neighborhood to walk my dog in.

I mean really, the whole point in the "fence run" walk in my yard is because I have gotten him to go in my yard only. We can walk the neighborhood and he will only "water" the mailboxes. But for pooping, he will only go in the yard. When we are out on a training session or not at home, I have to find a bush or tree stump for him.

The lady that owns the house (not sure if they are married, or she's a landlord) does understand my position. When I went out this morning, all the golf clubs and stuff was moved to a different portion of the yard. We will see how long it lasts. Hubby has said that we will put up additional netting on our side of the fence. Some PVC pipes (somewhat thin) and netting attached, maybe 12 feet tall and 15 feet wide.

Stupid cops. Telling you to take your dog out into the neighborhood for walks. You & your dog should be safe in your own backyard. Jeez. :roll:

Watching too much Battlestar Gallactica series. Dreamed that Gaius Baltar was teaching Centurions ASL and they kept calling Deanna "W" instead of "3". Silly Cylons.

Wondering if I should switch to my spring/summer purse even though I'm still wearing winter clothes. :hmm:

Clicked the link...said page not found...:aw:

thats weird. I copied and pasted it here and put the link there.

Idioms Explained: Raining Cats & Dogs
Posted on 11 March, 2013 by Shiloh
One of the toughest challenges for a deaf student learning to read is understanding the use of English idioms. An idiom is a phrase or expression using familiar words grouped in a context with no reasonable connection to the literal meaning of the individual words.

For example, the idiom “raining cats and dogs” means it’s raining hard. It doesn’t mean cats and dogs are literally falling from the sky like raindrops.

So, where do phrases like this come from?

There are many theories behind the origin of the idiom “raining cats and dogs.” Some theories link the idiom to words or phrases in other languages. In Greece, the phrase cata doxa is used to describe something that’s difficult to believe, like an unbelievably hard rainfall. I like this theory only because I like to say “cata doxa.”

It’s also been proposed that “raining cats and dogs” has something to do with mythology or witchcraft. The Norse god of storms, Odin, was often accompanied by dogs and wolves. As a result, sailors believed dogs were signs of heavy rain. Since witches are often pictured riding in the wind with or as black cats, it was also believed that cats were symbols of wind storms. Put the two theories together, and you have raining dogs and windy cats.

The most popular theory suggests that in heavy storms, dogs and cats sought shelter in or atop thatch roofs and when the downpour swept them off, they “rained” onto the streets. That theory makes no sense to me, because why would an animal seek shelter on top of a roof?

The most accepted theory is that the phrase is derived from various pieces of literature. Author Jonathan Swift used two phrases in his writing that seemed to cement the idiom into the English language.

In a 1710 poem titled, “A Description of a City Shower,” Swift wrote about a torrent flood where,

Drown’d Puppies, stinking Sprats, all drench’d in Mud,
Dead Cats and Turnip-Tops come tumbling down the Flood.

In a 1738 writing, A Complete Collection of Polite and Ingenious Conversation, Swift wrote,

“I know Sir John will go, though he was sure it would rain cats and dogs.”

No one knows the true origin of the idiom “raining cats and dogs,” so I guess it’s up to each of us to make our own decisions. Which theory do you believe?

This entry was posted in Communication, Education, Idioms and tagged ASL, communication, English, idioms, language, reading by Shiloh. Bookmark the permalink.

Idioms Explained: Raining Cats and Dogs | Hearing Parent Deaf Child

Yeah, or maybe get a cattle prod.

So sorry Caz:(

i just so surpprise and sadden that it really is going on as bad as ever..i met two people in last two weeks who been raped and the men only got 18months.The law and justice two different things..my girl been in top residential homes and schools two of the best in england where staff are screened but they still get in,these people are often in top positions,my eyes have been totally opened this last month or so and my thinking been blown to bu88ery

Well - Deacon got back at "underwear golfing dude". We did our usual walk, and another ball came through the fence in front of Deacon. Deacon took one look at the ball, then looked at the guy, snarled, then calmly proceeded to poop on the ball. I cracked up laughing, then man started laughing, the lady came out and asked what was up, I explained to her and she cracked up laughing. He has said that he will not hit as hard and try to keep it on his side. I made sure the lady knew that if Deacon got injured, I had grounds to sue. She explained to him and he nodded and said he will remember. In his own language of course. She had to interpret the Chinese for me.

Well - Deacon got back at "underwear golfing dude". We did our usual walk, and another ball came through the fence in front of Deacon. Deacon took one look at the ball, then looked at the guy, snarled, then calmly proceeded to poop on the ball. I cracked up laughing, then man started laughing, the lady came out and asked what was up, I explained to her and she cracked up laughing. He has said that he will not hit as hard and try to keep it on his side. I made sure the lady knew that if Deacon got injured, I had grounds to sue. She explained to him and he nodded and said he will remember. In his own language of course. She had to interpret the Chinese for me.

Sounds like Deacon is a good mediator!

Nobody listen, nobody cares, nobody gives a damn... All they think is THEMSELVES and that is American. For every represented agencies I have been though, as soon as I turn around, they fucked my rear.

I mentioned something here the other day and nobody gives a damn. What a sad world to be in. I am sorry to be negative, but I have not get any help. Thanks to Deaf professional that screwed my ass to begin with. 3 years of struggling is enough, damn enough. Now that I am starting to lose trust with any of these Deaf who is in professions and don't know their shits and screwed me.

I wish I could sue several assholes, but that is not what my heart is in. I have been hurt, neglected and dealing with ignorant.

At this time, I am just completely lost and don't know what the fuck am I doing.

Once again, thanks to that idiot Deaf professional (Specialty in job that requires college degrees)

Result? I will NEVER trust again unless they can prove themselves
Deaf attorney
Deaf Doctor
Deaf advocacy
Deaf Leadership
Deaf Dentist
Deaf Insurance agency
Deaf whatever.

Since this society don't care about anyone but themselves, don't bother trying to fake yourself with me. I am Deaf and I am embarrassed how IDIOT these people that I have dealt with in the last three years only to get embarrassed and causing punitive damages onto me Thanks.

I am here today, I have no idea if I will still be here tomorrow.

enuff of my ranting, go back to your normal daily business.

Nobody listen, nobody cares, nobody gives a damn... All they think is THEMSELVES and that is American. For every represented agencies I have been though, as soon as I turn around, they fucked my rear.

I mentioned something here the other day and nobody gives a damn. What a sad world to be in. I am sorry to be negative, but I have not get any help. Thanks to Deaf professional that screwed my ass to begin with. 3 years of struggling is enough, damn enough. Now that I am starting to lose trust with any of these Deaf who is in professions and don't know their shits and screwed me.

I wish I could sue several assholes, but that is not what my heart is in. I have been hurt, neglected and dealing with ignorant.

At this time, I am just completely lost and don't know what the fuck am I doing.

Once again, thanks to that idiot Deaf professional (Specialty in job that requires college degrees)

Result? I will NEVER trust again unless they can prove themselves
Deaf attorney
Deaf Doctor
Deaf advocacy
Deaf Leadership
Deaf Dentist
Deaf Insurance agency
Deaf whatever.

Since this society don't care about anyone but themselves, don't bother trying to fake yourself with me. I am Deaf and I am embarrassed how IDIOT these people that I have dealt with in the last three years only to get embarrassed and causing punitive damages onto me Thanks.

I am here today, I have no idea if I will still be here tomorrow.

enuff of my ranting, go back to your normal daily business.

:hug:

I would love to see Deaf succeed in their professions and success. I was on the brink of success until 3 years ago.

How would you feel if your doctor said that you have specific issues and need to see other doctor and you are on your own. So, you looked every damn doctors that fits in specialty that your doctor referred you to and contact majority of them and they said they can not help you without referrals or whatever the reason they come up with. So, you returned back to your doctor and your doctor continue to refuse to help you and try to make referrals for you. There is more issues and I don't want to share too much. One of several issues that I have with my doctor was betrayal. That is, this doctor claims that this was caused by car accident for instance and refused to treat you because he was not authorized to treat car accident related patients. It has to go though so called insurance approved doctors, the car insurance wants proof that the injury were car accident related, so come back to that same doctor and he kept refusing treating you for so long until in the end.... That same doctor that refused to treat you, said... Im sorry I can not provide evidence on why I believe that it is related to car accident. Then the doctor said after lengthy period of time of your suffering, told you that you are cleared for treatment from me.

Even the story I just share is not the actual events but you can get the idea so I can keep my personal life as much private as can.

All I wanted is.... get my life back! And hopefully not losing my house all because of that damn ignorant Deaf doctor that I gave him the opportunity to success and he STILL has life and job. I don't want to sue because when one sues, everybody really lose and all pay for it.

Now I see why it is still better to get a better doctor with Interpreter involved.... Sad that we can't get functionality equilvent lifestyle, and I hope that this will change.

Unbelievable...

Thinking, should I create a Vlog about this?

I thinking soon I am serious migrane I figure out sent to Doctor appointment, already prepare, I am disappointment to new doctor switch transfer doctor expect better stay on wont adjust to moving to new doctor area, I believe high quality advise, aware next week! I am lots of really rough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back