What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that you and your SO are more than welcome to come over for a Mexican fiesta. Just tell me when is a good time. Feb is a bad month for me so maybe March?

Nom nom nom nom nom. That sounds great! But I want to have ya'll over at my place first. Maybe during the Cherry Blossom Festival, if the weather is nice, we'll have a barbecue and then mosey on down to the Mall?

I am thinking "TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :dance2:

Thinking of my new guy <3

I am thinking: "What's up these flying pigs in AD'ers' avatars?" It seems it may be from movie or something.

Isn't it?

No, it was just the relationship of a pig and a spider. No flying involved.

I just had to go looking for a Cheetah Flying pig! Damn if I didn't find one too!

No, it was just the relationship of a pig and a spider. No flying involved.

I'm not a big fan of talking spiders. I might be ok with a talking pig, but then I know I just might be eating him later.

Thinking about seeing if I can lower my car payments by refinancing my loan at a lower rate now that my credit rating has improved with the end of my bankruptcy. I sent an email to the person who handled my initial loan and am waiting for her reply. It's at a credit union, so hopefully they will be more willing than perhaps a big bank might be.

Just be careful that they keep the term the same as you have now, or it will start over with the amortization and you will wnd up paying more in interest, even with a lower rate.

In other words, if you have two more years to go, say, don't let them change you to three years, because you will end up paying a lot more over the course of the loan.

How I learned that the difference between "d" and "f" make a big difference in some cases.

^^^OMG!!! I learned the same! (quack)

I'm thinking the flying pigs have something to do with the saying "When pigs fly".

Just be careful that they keep the term the same as you have now, or it will start over with the amortization and you will wnd up paying more in interest, even with a lower rate.

In other words, if you have two more years to go, say, don't let them change you to three years, because you will end up paying a lot more over the course of the loan.

Don't worry. I'm looking at the big picture. I don't want to extend the loan but am wondering if I can reduce the monthly pmts. I may also make a one time extra payment when I get my refund from the power company since I've been using my daughter's SS $ to help pay my high budgeted monthly pmts. Thank goodness for the mild winter. The car is currently being paid for out of her SS$. Hoping she'll have a job by the time the SS stops so she can take over the pmts.

Thinking I would like to get my friends some steak to cook on the grill, when I go over there. I don't eat beef, so don't know what to buy. I want to get them some good steak. What would you all suggest?

Why do scholarship applications ask questions about things you won't know till after you have to send in the applications?
Tuition/Room & Board costs...2012-2013's won't be announced till sometime in the summer. Though the information packet my daughter received shows the 2011-2012 costs and indicate the costs usually go up 5-9%. So I used 7% to estimate the those costs. Of course, there are other costs....
What are you going to use to finance your education and where will you get this from (scholarships/student loans) and how much will you have to pay? Well, let's see. She won't get the financial aid packet from the college till after the applicaitons have to be mailed. She won't hear back from the scholarships she's applying any sooner. So she has no idea how much student loan she'll need to take out and from whom.
We do have my EFC (the portion that I SHOULD be able to contribute), but I'm writing a letter to the college to let them know of special circumstances that were not calculated into the EFC, so hopefully she'll get more Fin Aid from the college.

I've been told that our state university (which is where she's going) is committed to minimizing how much debt their in-state students have when they graduate. I was told it's about $18,000 max debt.

My daughter will also have the opportunity to work either at the college or at any of the state hospitals (she's going for nursing) to help pay her tuition. However, she's did her nurse tech clincals at one or two of the facilitiese and is hesitant about working two or more years at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back